Sharing Stadiums

Brick

Anyone else think it would be a good idea for the 49ers and Raiders to share a stadium? I know it would make finacial sense. I know a certain crypt keeping owner would NOT be for it.

Goodell thinks it make sense, but the NFL's G3 fund to assist stadium construction is at zero. No help there.

"It is certainly something we've been open to and we've said that all along, but at this point, I don't see anything that says we're going to build this stadium together."

-49ers President Jed York on 10/19/2010, a day before they had to push back their opening date to 2015

"(We continue to have) an open mind about sharing a stadium, and we are keeping one another informed about stadium opportunities."

-Raiders CEO Amy Trask

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting tidbit for the footy lovers here. I took a tour of the Emirates Stadium in London. The Arsenal dressing room is shaped like a horseshoe (like so -> 'U') Arsene Wenger (Manager) designed the locker room, he used to coach in Japan, and apparently a horseshoe type locker room channels positive energy. The captains stall is halfway down the horseshoe, or the middle of the horsehoe if you like. Also, the floor in the home locker room has this non slip surface.

On the other hand, the visitors locker room, is shaped like a square (negative energy), and the floor is similar to your bathroom tiles (slippery).

I was wondering how they do it with basketball stadiums in which ice hockey is also played. Like the Lakers play in the same stadium as the kings right? Do they freeze the rink everytime again, or when there is a basketball game, do they play on top of the covered ice?

Anyway, I don't think sharing a stadium is stupid. When you have multiple teams in one city, you can't have a stadium for everyone, it's way too expensive.

All they do is cover up the ice with ply wood and some other protective layer over before putting the basketball court in. I'm pretty sure you can find some vids on youtube of the conversion happening.

As far as sharing stadiums, it makes senses if the teams are in the same city considering how much it costs, particularly if tax ollars are used.

Archived