2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else think this is eerily similar to how the Cavs used to make wild trades to placate LeBron? I'm starting to wonder if Howard is getting fed up in Orlando.

I can see that, but they have a familiarity with Turk and Howard. Bringing in Richardson and sending our Carter is really a lateral move. As for Arenas.. Who knows? We'll see how much he has left. I think this is actually going to work to Orlando's favor, especially because they didn't have to get rid of Nelson. I think Turk playing off Howard is really going to open more stuff up for other 3 players on the floor.

I like that this will probably give Bass some more minutes... but I think the other place they are going to get into trouble is with the rotation. With the way Orlando is going, they are going to have to balance Nelson, Arenas, J.J., Richardson, Turk, Bass, Howard, Anderson, and probably a back up Center. It does seem that the Orland brass decided that the team they have had the past 2 years isn't enough to put them over the hump, so they are going to shake it up.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

If Griffin continues on this path & the Clippers let him go, they should be contracted. Like, not even joking, just kick them out of the league. Let Sterling run a team in the ABA.

I'd worry about Blake not wanting to come back before the Clippers letting him go.

Larry Brown has washed his hands of the Charlotte Bobcats & is stepping down as head coach. I'm anticipating a Bobcats firesale any moment now.

I've heard rumblings of them trying to ship Stephen Jackson and Gerald Wallace, their two best players, of course. My goodness, Stephen Jackson would look great in a Bulls uniform

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I just realized the Spurs, a team that I hardly hear anyone talk about, is playing at a higher winning percentage than any team has finished a regular season with in NBA history. And it's not like they're 4-0 or 10-1. We are talking about a third of the way through the season.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Larry Brown has washed his hands of the Charlotte Bobcats & is stepping down as head coach. I'm anticipating a Bobcats firesale any moment now.

I've heard rumblings of them trying to ship Stephen Jackson and Gerald Wallace, their two best players, of course. My goodness, Stephen Jackson would look great in a Bulls uniform

Can't see why shipping Gerald Wallace would make sense for Charlotte, but who knows.

6fQjS3M.png

Can't see why shipping Gerald Wallace would make sense for Charlotte, but who knows.

Me either. I don't know who else they have to build around. DJ Augustin? Tyrus Thomas?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Me either. I don't know who else they have to build around. DJ Augustin? Tyrus Thomas?

Pretty much. Getting rid of Stephen Jackson's a good idea for them though, as he's someone a team (i.e. Chicago) could use to put them over the hump, but I have no idea why they'd trade Crash.

6fQjS3M.png

I just realized the Spurs, a team that I hardly hear anyone talk about, is playing at a higher winning percentage than any team has finished a regular season with in NBA history. And it's not like they're 4-0 or 10-1. We are talking about a third of the way through the season.

Yeah, everyone knows the Spurs are amazing. They won four championships from 1999 to 2007 -- that's pretty awesome.

The only problem is that Tim Duncan is kinda boring. He's also probably the greatest power forward of all time, but kinda boring nonetheless.

Sad but true.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Went to my first Knicks game of the year last night and it was very cool. Last night the Knicks may have proved that they will be a contender. Yes I know the Thunder were coming of a back to back, and the Knicks were well rested, but the old Knicks would've lost that game.

Pretty much. Getting rid of Stephen Jackson's a good idea for them though, as he's someone a team (i.e. Chicago) could use to put them over the hump, but I have no idea why they'd trade Crash.

Hasn't MJ been a terrible owner? I mean, he let Felton and Chandler go, and both are having career years.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Hasn't MJ been a terrible owner? I mean, he let Felton and Chandler go, and both are having career years.

Jordan has been a hot mess as general manager and owner. At least with most franchises in the NBA that are rebuilding, you know what direction they're trying to go in. The Hawks were terrible for a number of years, but their goal was pretty explicit: Move towards the top of the NBA with their current core. The Bobcats are just out there willy nilly "Hey, let's see what happens if we do THIS!" That's no way to run a pro sports franchise. Then again, I'm just a fan so obviously I don't know much, but it's kinda hard to read what exactly Jordan is doing as the head of the Bobcats.

Couldn't agree more. Even franchises like the Clippers and the Warriors have a detectable direction. The Bobcats (along with the Pistons and Wizards) are completely and utterly directionless.

Also, Jordan is a testament to the fact that just because you were a great player, doesn't mean you'll do well in the business side of the game.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Couldn't agree more. Even franchises like the Clippers and the Warriors have a detectable direction. The Bobcats (along with the Pistons and Wizards) are completely and utterly directionless.

Also, Jordan is a testament to the fact that just because you were a great player, doesn't mean you'll do well in the business side of the game.

That team is worth more now than it was when he bought, so in the eonomic sense, he has done nicely as he has an 80% stake. Especially since Forbes reported the sale price was $175M, about $100M less than what the NBA told media outlets.

His basketball operations management is the area of concern. That fact that it seeme to be more of his money now than when it was with the Wizards plays a factor. He wanted Larry Brown as coach, but Brown leaving quickly is what Larry "does". Plus, he hired Rod Higgins and when Higgins was with GSW, his draft record was not that great.

It's funny how quickly the Laker fans are paying less attention to their team, and jumping on the Clip Ship. I guess 2 straight titles doesn't get you the loyalty it used to.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/320592718086?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=191443690434&crlp=1_263602_304662&UA=%3F*S%3F&GUID=34ac7e1112d0a0e205223302ffa17c6c&itemid=320592718086&ff4=263602_304662

It's funny how quickly the Laker fans are paying less attention to their team, and jumping on the Clip Ship. I guess 2 straight titles doesn't get you the loyalty it used to.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/320592718086?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=191443690434&crlp=1_263602_304662&UA=%3F*S%3F&GUID=34ac7e1112d0a0e205223302ffa17c6c&itemid=320592718086&ff4=263602_304662

What in the hell are you talking about?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived