2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2011 NBA Draft will be held at the Prudential Center in Newark, according to the Star-Ledger.

Interesting that they'd have such a prominent event in an arena entering its final lame-duck NBA season.

MSG is undergoing a major renovation next summer. The Liberty will also be playing at the Rock.

Reserve your tickets now!!

Not as horrible as your sarcasm.

Sure thing, cowboy.

And like a bullet going over a midget's head at high noon, you missed the point. The Lakers' season opener was yesterday, and the Clippers open tonight. Even without getting the joke I don't know why you needed to quote me.

Not as horrible as your sarcasm.

Sure thing, cowboy.

And like a bullet going over a midget's head at high noon, you missed the point. The Lakers' season opener was yesterday, and the Clippers open tonight. Even without getting the joke I don't know why you needed to quote me.

What joke to get? That you didn't think my sarcastic remark was funny? I got that. I was just referring to your inane cowboy ramblings elsewhere. My issue with all of this comes from....

Basketball finally returns to Los Angeles tonight! It's been a long time, so it'll be nice to have Staples Center rocking again.

Really? Your acting like a hockey fan in Winnipeg who's watching the first game of the nu-Jets. "Basketball finally returns to Los Angeles tonight!" Really? I get that you're a fan and all, but really? This seems an overreaction for celebrating the annual renew of the Lakers' and Clippers' seasons. It would be like me going "It's so great to see hockey finally return to Toronto!" at the start of the NHL season. It's just silly. The Lakers and Clippers didn't go anywhere. No need to get so excited about their annual season openers.

It was a joke because I said basketball in LA returns tonight, when the Lakers already played yesterday. It's a Clipper thing.

There is no such thing as a Clipper thing, but whatever. Continue on.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Basketball finally returns to Los Angeles tonight!

I LOL'd.

Call me crazy (or a homer) but I think the Clips have a chance at opening the year with a win. Portland's on the second game of a back-to-back while this is the Clips' first game. Also, the matchup down low favors the Clips too: Kaman and Griffin > Camby and Aldridge. The team just has to stay focused and make key shots, which they struggled to do at times in preseason.

Seriously? Why do you always have to make stupid comments whenever anyone mentions being a fan of the Clippers?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I LOL'd.

Call me crazy (or a homer) but I think the Clips have a chance at opening the year with a win. Portland's on the second game of a back-to-back while this is the Clips' first game. Also, the matchup down low favors the Clips too: Kaman and Griffin > Camby and Aldridge. The team just has to stay focused and make key shots, which they struggled to do at times in preseason.

Seriously? Why do you always have to make stupid comments whenever anyone mentions being a fan of the Clippers?

Just to see the Clipper living room's reaction would be my guess.

BB52Big.jpg

You know, there is a reason why I call the Clippers 'The Other L.A. Team.' Until they can actually compete for anything, Los Angeles is a Laker town and The Clippers will remain the second class red headed stepchild that they are.

You're assuming Clippers fans don't know this all too well, which we do. Yes, our franchise was a complete disaster for a long, long time, pretty much up until the playoff run with Cassell. We don't need to be reminded of our second-banana status, especially when Blake Griffin is getting the Clippers positive publicity for the first time in a LONG time.

xLmjWVv.png

You're assuming Clippers fans don't know this all too well, which we do. Yes, our franchise was a complete disaster for a long, long time, pretty much up until the playoff run with Cassell. We don't need to be reminded of our second-banana status, especially when Blake Griffin is getting the Clippers positive publicity for the first time in a LONG time.

Wait a second... 'We?' Since when are you the spokesperson for the Clipper State, hm?

Trust me, the vast majority of Clipper fans groan whenever they read or hear "It's the Clippers" anywhere.

Would you want to be told every five minutes that the Mariners have been a bad franchise throughout their history during baseball season? Doubt it.

Yeah, the Clipper jokes get tiresome and childish after awhile, and even an :censored: is entitled to his/her opinion...so whatever.

Anywho, I'm heading to the Blazers-Clippers game tonight, and it should be a lot of fun. Realistically, not sure if this team is playoff-bound just yet, but I can safely say that the Clips will be vastly improved just with Blake Griffin alone.

Trust me, the vast majority of Clipper fans groan whenever they read or hear "It's the Clippers" anywhere.

Would you want to be told every five minutes that the Mariners have been a bad franchise throughout their history during baseball season? Doubt it.

Yeah, the Clipper jokes get tiresome and childish after awhile, and even an :censored: is entitled to his/her opinion...so whatever.

Anywho, I'm heading to the Blazers-Clippers game tonight, and it should be a lot of fun. Realistically, not sure if this team is playoff-bound just yet, but I can safely say that the Clips will be vastly improved just with Blake Griffin alone.

Good Lord, does every single Clipper fan have an account here or something?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I LOL'd.

Just to see the Clipper living room's reaction would be my guess.

That's a big part of it.

On the flipside, it's also quite annoying to see the Clipper fans continuously pump their team up to something it never is. I know they're trying to be optimistic, but their fans make the Clippers out to be something much larger than they actually are.

The Clipper jokes may get tiresome/childish/hackneyed, but they are never not true. So, there's always that.

Enjoy your Los Angeles JV squad. The Varsity will just be working on that three-peat and title 17.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

The Clipper jokes may get tiresome/childish/hackneyed, but they are never not true. So, there's always that.

Except for in 1978, 1991, 1992, 1997, 2002, and 2006 - all years in which they either made the playoffs or came close, not counting their years as the Braves.

I wasn't aware that we "continuously pump up" our team. Most Clipper fans have some perspective about how the franchise is viewed and that we really can't talk until the franchise accomplishes something. That being said, it's hard not to hype Blake Griffin right now because of his potential - even as the trash-talking Lakers fan you are, you've got to admit he's a beast.

As for the rest of you: the Clippers are an NBA team too, and this is the NBA thread, so I'm not seeing the issue here.

Don't look now, but the Cleveland Cavaliers have just defeated the Boston Celtics.

LOL! I love it!

xLmjWVv.png

Archived