2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

I may have misread your earlier comment regarding Carmelo, but in theory, I agree with what's said. Small forward has been a weakness for the Clippers (among other things) since Mike Dunelavy ran Corey Maggette out of town. Gomes has been playing well lately as well, but I'll be all for him coming off the bench. DeAndre's a free agent after the season, and he's certainly going to command some offers (not too many mega-million dollar offers, but several nonetheless), and the Clippers need to go against their grain and lock him up before someone else does.

Gomes has been playing good, but I just don't see him as a starter. He's only starting out of necessity because we still haven't found our natural SF. I think Melo would complement our offense very well by providing yet another true scoring threat to go with Griffin, Gordon, and even Baron when he's motivated.

DeAndre is also good, but not good enough to keep over Melo. If the Nuggets demand DeAndre in a hypothetical trade with the Clippers, by all means, ship him out. The only true untouchable players on the Clippers right now are Griffin, Gordon, Bledsoe, and (maybe) Baron.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not happening. Melo still refuses to sign an extension with NJ. Also, according to Chris Broussard, the Pistons rejected the deal. You're going to ship out Rip Hamilton AND a 1st rounder for Troy Murphy and Johan Petro? No chance.

Troy Murphy's value to the Pistons is his expiring contract. Plus Rip Hamilton has fallen out of favor in Detroit since it's been reported that he "quit" on the team. The deal makes sense from the Piston's point of view. And apparently they're no longer being asked to trade that first round pick.

I just want this deal to get done. I'm tired of this whole thing dragging out as long as it has.

IUe6Hvh.png

Not happening. Melo still refuses to sign an extension with NJ. Also, according to Chris Broussard, the Pistons rejected the deal. You're going to ship out Rip Hamilton AND a 1st rounder for Troy Murphy and Johan Petro? No chance.

Troy Murphy's value to the Pistons is his expiring contract. Plus Rip Hamilton has fallen out of favor in Detroit since it's been reported that he "quit" on the team. The deal makes sense from the Piston's point of view. And apparently they're no longer being asked to trade that first round pick.

I just want this deal to get done. I'm tired of this whole thing dragging out as long as it has.

I don't think its happening melo said it was "not imminent"

LBJ's tweet after the game:

LeBrononLakersblowingoutCavs.png?t=1294821478

Great...so does this mean we have to hear Buttsore Cavalier Fan whining about it all fvcking day? I certainly hope not!

Though it went out on the twittersphere to the entire world, I would guess LeBron James was directing those comments at only one person...Dan "Comic Sans" Gilbert.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

LBJ's tweet after the game:

LeBrononLakersblowingoutCavs.png?t=1294821478

Great...so does this mean we have to hear Buttsore Cavalier Fan whining about it all fvcking day? I certainly hope not!

Though it went out on the twittersphere to the entire world, I would guess LeBron James was directing those comments at only one person...Dan "Comic Sans" Gilbert.

You mean Dan Comic Sans Gilbert?

I saw, I came, I left.

I liked Antawn Jamison's quote, kind of funny

?It can?t be any worse than this. If it is, someone will have to help me because I don?t know how much of this I can take,? said Antawn Jamison(notes), who had six points. ?This by far is rock-bottom. It?s definitely by far one of the most embarrassing moments that I?ve been a part of as far as basketball.?

It's nice to see someone leave the Wizards and actually end up somewhere WORSE, that doesn't happen very often.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Since November 29th, the Cavs are 1-21, and the Heat are 21-1. I guess it just took a few weeks for the Heat to fully materialize and the Cavs to fully realize that Lebron was gone and they were supposed to start sucking.

Remember when they played? Miami was really strugg-a-ling mightily and there was actually talk of Cleveland winning this game to stick it to LeBron. Some "experts" even thought the Cavs were going to actually have a better season than the Heat, due to the Big 3 not gelling and not being able to effectively play together.

Yeah, LeBron killed all that :censored:real quick!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Really looking forward for the Miami Superfriends coming to town tonight to face Blake Griffin and the Clippers; both teams really playing well, with Miami winning nine in a row, and the Clips have won seven of their last ten.

LeBron's tweet makes me sad.

1. Don't say "bitch" and then harp about God.

2. The Cavs blow because James abandoned them, yet somehow it's karma, like Cleveland somehow did something to him before he tucked tail and ran to Miami.

3. The Heat haven't won a title with LeBron yet, but he's already talking s**t. Kind of stupid...saying things before you've held up the trophy could definitely lead to some karma.

4. What a douche.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2. The Cavs blow because James abandoned them, yet somehow it's karma, like Cleveland somehow did something to him before he tucked tail and ran to Miami.

3. The Heat haven't won a title with LeBron yet, but he's already talking s**t. Kind of stupid...saying things before you've held up the trophy could definitely lead to some karma.

4. What a douche.

LeBron is getting CRAZY heat as a heel. Who knew he was a natural fit for the role?

4. What a douche.

LeBron is getting CRAZY heat as a heel. Who knew he was a natural fit for the role?

Vince McMahon?

I saw, I came, I left.

4. What a douche.

Vince McMahon?

Close, someone months ago made this YouTube video, and it portrays the James-Wade-Bosh trio as the old N.W.O. Kinda funny, all things considering.

Since November 29th, the Cavs are 1-21, and the Heat are 21-1. I guess it just took a few weeks for the Heat to fully materialize and the Cavs to fully realize that Lebron was gone and they were supposed to start sucking.

I am not shocked this happened. You had to know eventually the Heat would gel they had too much talent to be 9-8 for long. Twenty games to find a groove and to get all the parts working seems about right. The Cavs may have won a few games early because they put forth a balls effort to show "we are more than just LeBron". Basically the same chip on the shoulder the Seahawks had Saturday over the 7-9 talk.

Enter the big showdown game LeBron and the Heat are playing tight, the game in Cleveland is on everyone's mind. The extra security effort, how ugly would the reaction be and how would he perform. The Heat came to Cleveland kicked ass, LeBron played well and the Cavs melted. That win enabled the Heat to relax and just play basketball, while the Cavs realized they were just LeBron and both events have everything to do with how that game went down

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived