2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

Blake Griffin absolutely torched the Pacers today, dropping 47 and getting his 27th straight double-double. Oh, and the Clips won, too.

Griffin shot 19-for-24 from the field, but only had one dunk.

I'm no basketball expert but I'll take 19-24 from the floor with one dunk over 9-24 from the floor with five dunks every time. Am I wrong here?

I'm hoping that was his point, because that's definitely the most surprising part. Griffin's been a dunk machine all season, & the fact that he was able to put up those type of numbers with just one dunk was something else.

Not only that, but to echo a point Tim Legler made today, it's a game that told any critics he had (I'm suprised there'd be any, but Legler being an ESPN guy, I guess he knows a few) that he isn't just a one-dimensional player that dunks, but nothing else. Not my words here, but his.

Griffin is flat out playing out of his mind right now. I know this is only his first real season (can we count last year with him being injured and all?), but in my mind, he should make the All-Star team. He's made the Clippers somewhat relevant now, I tune into SportsCenter and WANT to see the Clippers game highlights just so I can see what he did. If you can make the Clippers exciting to watch, you're playing some good basketball, plain and simple.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep dreaming. The Nuggets have been offering Melo for Griffin for weeks now, and the Clippers keep telling them to go screw themselves. Why would the Clips trade Griffin to a team with less to offer? Matter of fact, why would the Clips trade Griffin at all?

My friend won't even listen to offers for Griffin in a fantasy keeper league.

Keep dreaming. The Nuggets have been offering Melo for Griffin for weeks now, and the Clippers keep telling them to go screw themselves. Why would the Clips trade Griffin to a team with less to offer? Matter of fact, why would the Clips trade Griffin at all?

I know you're the Clippers superfan and all, but there's nothing in Donald Sterling's long ownership of that team that convinces me he'll have the energy or desire to build around Blake Griffin. He might keep him through the entirety of his rookie contract, but I don't see him making trades and signing free agents to make the Clippers a long-term competitive team.

It's the same story with every good player the Clippers have had, be it Elton Brand, Baron Davis, or whomever. Player is good, people beg Sterling to invest in his team, he does so the cheapest way possible, and so on.

So yeah, I fully expect Griffin to be playing somewhere else soon enough, with only the expiring contract of Udonis Haslem or Caron Butler to show for it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

People forget this, but Sterling actually gave Baron his big contract because Elton Brand promised to stay if he did. Brand then decided to stab the Clippers in the back by going to Philly afterwards, which messed the whole thing up.

It didn't work out the way Sterling and Dunleavy hoped, but they proved that they were willing to build around a star player by bringing in Baron.

They've already started doing it for Blake as well, as they signed Ike Diogu a few weeks ago, who has turned out to be a diamond in the rough and a solid bench player.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

People forget this, but Sterling actually gave Baron his big contract because Elton Brand promised to stay if he did. Brand then decided to stab the Clippers in the back by going to Philly afterwards, which messed the whole thing up.

It didn't work out the way Sterling and Dunleavy hoped, but they proved that they were willing to build around a star player by bringing in Baron.

They've already started doing it for Blake as well, as they signed Ike Diogu a few weeks ago, who has turned out to be a diamond in the rough and a solid bench player.

I can't believe I'm actually going to say this, but I really hope that the Spurs DON'T play the Clippers in the first round of the NBA Playoffs if they keep winning like this. For the first time in a while (since 2006, which was the first time ever) it actually looks like the Clippers have a promising team.

Thanks for that information. We care.

Derrick Rose with his first career triple-double today. 22 points, 10 rebounds, 12 assists. And they easily won without Boozer and without Noah.

Yeah how has he never had one before? That was shocking to me.

Simple answer...because you have to get 10 rebounds for a triple-double. :P

Well, technically, he could have also gotten ten steals as well...but then, when was the last time somebody had THAT many rips in a game? ^_^

(And yeah, he coulda also gotten ten blocks as well.)

And 10 turnovers, like Amare had earlier this year.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Thanks for that information. We care.

Youre very welcome.

The Heat are limited to an 11-point first quarter, and they lose their fourth straight tonight to the Hawks (even with 34 points from LBJ, who missed what would have been a go-ahead 3-pt shot with 7 seconds left in OT). As a Heat-hater I am pleased. Still winless since the karma tweet.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

More like still winless since Blake Griffin got through with them. :P

Yup.

Moreover...that was the springboard the Blakers needed to challenge for that 1-3 seed, right? ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Pleasepleaseplease make a trade for him, Olshey. Getting Melo would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt to Griffin that the Clippers are willing to spend to keep him around.

Also, the Nuggets now aren't going to get anything better than Kaman/Aminu/the Minnesota pick in return for Melo. The Knicks are content to wait it out and sign him in free agency, which would mean that the Nuggets wouldn't get anything in return. If the Nuggets let Melo walk without getting anything in return, they're the dumbest franchise in the NBA by far.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived