2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

Pleasepleaseplease make a trade for him, Olshey. Getting Melo would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt to Griffin that the Clippers are willing to spend to keep him around.

Also, the Nuggets now aren't going to get anything better than Kaman/Aminu/the Minnesota pick in return for Melo. The Knicks are content to wait it out and sign him in free agency, which would mean that the Nuggets wouldn't get anything in return. If the Nuggets let Melo walk without getting anything in return, they're the dumbest franchise in the NBA by far.

Melo doesn't appear want to be a Clipper and any deal is dependent on Melo signing an extension with his new club.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mikhail Prokhorov has instructed his front office to walk awayfrom negotiations for Carmelo Anthony, citing the Nuggets' demands and the toll the public nature of the talks have taken on the Nets said to be involved.

I'm disappointed, but I think this was the right call.

I love it. Call their bluff. Denver knows he is signing with the Knicks in the off season without getting anything in return. So if you are the Nets, why not just sit back and wait for the deadline to roll around. They have the best offer on the table. Leave the ball in Denver's court to either stand pat and pray that for some reason Carmello resigns, or let the Nuggets come to them in 2 weeks and beg for the same offer.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Hilarious moment today during the Jazz/Nets game. I just about rolled off of my seat, honestly.

As is well known, Kris Humphries is going out with one of the Kardashians (I don't know their names). The broadcast from Utah's station went something like this (Craig Bolerjack and Matt Harpring are the broadcasters):

*Camera shot of Kardashian on sideline*

Bolerjack: Hey look, there's Miss Kardashian, here to support Kris Humphries.

Harpring: She was blowing kisses to him earlier. You can't blow kisses during a game! The guy needs to be focused! (laughs)

Bolerjack: Well Matt, it might be working. He's having a decent game tonight.

Harpring: (laughs) I bet she doesn't even know what's going on. She probably has no idea.

*Kardashian pulls out phone and starts texting*

Bolerjack: Oh there she goes, she's texting now!

Harpring: Yeah, she has NO idea what's going on. Humphries is going to do something big, and she probably won't even watch. She's going to miss it.

*About seven seconds later, Humphries throws down a two-handed dunk over Mehmet Okur*

Bolerjack: Oh! Humphries with a big two-handed jam, and that extends the New Jersey lead to eight!

*camera shot back at Kardashian*

Harpring: She's STILL texting! She totally missed it, I knew she would! (laughs)

Bolerjack: (laughs) And her friend next to her is trying to explain what Kris just did. She missed it!

*Kardashian nods and keeps texting*

Harpring: Yeah, she's like "Cool. I don't know what that means". Wow!

-----

A good funny moment in an otherwise dissapointing game. My LOL moment of the day :D

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Mikhail Prokhorov has instructed his front office to walk awayfrom negotiations for Carmelo Anthony, citing the Nuggets' demands and the toll the public nature of the talks have taken on the Nets said to be involved.

I love it. Call their bluff. Denver knows he is signing with the Knicks in the off season without getting anything in return. So if you are the Nets, why not just sit back and wait for the deadline to roll around. They have the best offer on the table. Leave the ball in Denver's court to either stand pat and pray that for some reason Carmello resigns, or let the Nuggets come to them in 2 weeks and beg for the same offer.

Melo doesn't appear to want to sign the extension to stay with the Nets. Please explain to me what sense it makes for a 10-31 team to rent Melo for half a season before he up and leaves for the Knicks...

IUe6Hvh.png

Melo doesn't appear want to be a Clipper

He hasn't said either way, I don't think. But if it turns out that either Melo or the Clips' front office isn't interested, trading for Danny Granger is another possibility and a solid Plan B.

Like its that easy. Because every deadly shooter is lining up to play for the Clippers, right?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

He hasn't said either way, I don't think. But if it turns out that either Melo or the Clips' front office isn't interested, trading for Danny Granger is another possibility and a solid Plan B.

Like its that easy. Because every deadly shooter is lining up to play for the Clippers, right?

You don't understand; the Clippers are one piece away from achieving greatness.

I wouldn't have mentioned it if the usually-reliable Eric Pincus hadn't mentioned that the Clippers are interested:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18512

If Danny Granger could be pried somehow from the Indiana Pacers, the Clippers might consider sending out Kaman, Rasual Butler, the Minnesota pick and even take back the two-year deal of James Posey for good measure.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the next sentence in that article reads:

The signs aren't favorable that the Pacers will give up their franchise player.

Also it mentions nowhere that they have even contacted the Pacers or have offered a trade. It's just a guy daydreaming

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the next sentence in that article reads:

The signs aren't favorable that the Pacers will give up their franchise player.

Also it mentions nowhere that they have even contacted the Pacers or have offered a trade. It's just a guy daydreaming

We actually just had a lesson in school a few weeks ago about movies and journalists doing things like that. Oh Mr. Out you may have a future in Journalism...

You don't understand; the Clippers are one piece away from achieving greatness.

But they really mean it this time.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I'm not saying it's likely, but it's worth a shot to try to get Granger if we can't get Melo. It's not like the Pacers are anywhere close to seriously competing even with him.

What does that tell you about Granger's abilities, especially since the Pacers are playing in the East?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hey, you laugh, but small forward has been a gaping hole in the Clippers' lineup for years now.

As has power forward, center, point guard, shooting guard, 6th man, bench, coach, GM, owner, fans, water boy, and cheerleader.

Filling that hole with someone competent may be the key to consistent playoff appearances.

So would contracting half the Conference, which might actually be easier.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Melo doesn't appear to want to sign the extension to stay with the Nets. Please explain to me what sense it makes for a 10-31 team to rent Melo for half a season before he up and leaves for the Knicks...

Like See Red said, Melo hasn't expressed any interest in signing the extension with the Nets (He hasn't expressed any negative feelings towards signing the extension either, so it's all up in the air right now.). But even if he were to say "Ok I'll say," don't expect the Nuggets to make the deal until February 1st at the earliest. Their last game against the Nets is January 31st, and I doubt the Nuggets would want to trade Melo (and Chauncey, if the deal I've heard about happens) to the Nets only to have him and the Nets embarrass them on TV the next night.

gbaCXZn.png

The double-double streak is over, but the Clips still get a win.

Also, how about the Spurs? They're 36-6 right now, but everybody talks about teams like the Heat (undeservedly), the Celtics, the Lakers, and even the Magic as top teams in the league currently, while saying little about San Antonio. I've always liked the Spurs' classy organization, so I'm glad they're doing so well.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived