2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

Mikhail Prokhorov has instructed his front office to walk awayfrom negotiations for Carmelo Anthony, citing the Nuggets' demands and the toll the public nature of the talks have taken on the Nets said to be involved.

I'm disappointed, but I think this was the right call.

A smart move by the Nets right there. There wasn't any indication that Melo would sign an extension with them, so why send away your promising young talent and future first round picks? Had Melo then bolted to another team during the summer, they would've stuck in limbo without their young talent and draft picks to build around. That's considering this move isn't a ploy. Never understood the Nets' urge to get Melo without an agreement on extension.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The double-double streak is over, but the Clips still get a win.

Also, how about the Spurs? They're 36-6 right now, but everybody talks about teams like the Heat (undeservedly), the Celtics, the Lakers, and even the Magic as top teams in the league currently, while saying little about San

Antonio. I've always liked the Spurs' classy organization, so I'm glad they're doing so well.

I actually hear alot about the Spurs here and there. They're playing the best I've ever seen them play, they're definitely fun to watch. If the Jazz couldn't get there, I'd like to see Duncan get one more ring. He's as classy as they come, as well as the entire organization. They really set the standard for winning with class and I hope to see them continue to do well.

Just not against the Jazz, of course :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The double-double streak is over, but the Clips still get a win.

Also, how about the Spurs? They're 36-6 right now, but everybody talks about teams like the Heat (undeservedly), the Celtics, the Lakers, and even the Magic as top teams in the league currently, while saying little about San

Antonio. I've always liked the Spurs' classy organization, so I'm glad they're doing so well.

I actually hear alot about the Spurs here and there. They're playing the best I've ever seen them play, they're definitely fun to watch. If the Jazz couldn't get there, I'd like to see Duncan get one more ring. He's as classy as they come, as well as the entire organization. They really set the standard for winning with class and I hope to see them continue to do well.

Just not against the Jazz, of course :P

Who would've thought going into the season that the team that would be on pace for 70 (I know, there probably won't be another team to hit 70 wins, but they were a quarter into the season & on pace. Wow) would've been the Spurs? Everybody keeps thinking that they're gonna get old and fall off, but apparently that's not the case. I honestly thought that their window as being an elite team closed last season, but I guess Pop, TIMMY, & Friends have decided that they are going to fall off when they damn well please. :P

What is it with Cavalier fans being made the fool?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25O7nXLSiDo&feature=related

That was staged.

I totally agree. There didn't seem to be any contact or physical altercation until the security guards had already approached them, and if this were seriously real, don't you think it would've made the news somehow? The Jazz Bear puts on funny gimmicks and "shows" often during games and trust me, having attended Jazz games and seeing him live, this looks like one of 'em. He's one of the best - in my opinion THE best - mascot in the NBA solely because there's just no limit to what he'll do.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Well, this week, the Jazz have lost to the Wizards and Nets....in back to back games.

My Jazz .gif of the day -

funny-gifs-wtf.gif

They aren't playing with much effort right now and they can't make an inside shot to save thier lives. If they play like this tonight, I'm afraid Boston is going to run all over them. Oh boy....

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Actually, VDN didn't make any glaringly stupid decisions like blowing through his timeouts or anything. He did keep Rasual Butler on the bench all night for no reason, though.

Probably because Butler's one of the worst shots on your team.

/Listen to yourself, if you think Rasaul Butler is the difference between victory and defeat for the Clippers, they need much more than a small forward.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That was staged.

I totally agree. There didn't seem to be any contact or physical altercation until the security guards had already approached them, and if this were seriously real, don't you think it would've made the news somehow? The Jazz Bear puts on funny gimmicks and "shows" often during games and trust me, having attended Jazz games and seeing him live, this looks like one of 'em. He's one of the best - in my opinion THE best - mascot in the NBA solely because there's just no limit to what he'll do.

It was funny none the less

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well, this week, the Jazz have lost to the Wizards and Nets....in back to back games.

funny-gifs-wtf.gif

They aren't playing with much effort right now and they can't make an inside shot to save thier lives. If they play like this tonight, I'm afraid Boston is going to run all over them. Oh boy....

Watch them beat the Celtics. Typical NBA.

That was staged.

It was funny none the less

Oh yeah, he's a hoot. He's quite the quite the character haha :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

funny-gifs-wtf.gif

Watch them beat the Celtics. Typical NBA.

Oh I'm hoping it's Typical NBA tonight, that's for sure :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

I'm not saying it's likely, but it's worth a shot to try to get Granger if we can't get Melo. It's not like the Pacers are anywhere close to seriously competing even with him.

Maybe not seriously competing, but they'd be doing something your "one piece away" Clippers wouldn't if the season ended today... going to the playoffs.

6fQjS3M.png

...in the East, where it's notoriously easy to make the playoffs. Hell, the Clippers would be in the 8th seed in the East right now with their same record, IIRC.

That argument can't be used because the Clippers' schedule is geared towards playing more western conference teams. Are they better than the top eight teams in the east? Maybe, maybe not, but it's too hard to say because their schedule is different from any eastern conference team's schedule.

Archived