2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

Well, this week, the Jazz have lost to the Wizards and Nets....in back to back games.

My Jazz .gif of the day -

funny-gifs-wtf.gif

They aren't playing with much effort right now and they can't make an inside shot to save thier lives. If they play like this tonight, I'm afraid Boston is going to run all over them. Oh boy....

Watch them beat the Celtics. Typical NBA.

Oh I'm hoping it's Typical NBA tonight, that's for sure :P

Never listen to me for NBA talk.

Also, wanna know why the Hawks are never mentioned as legit title contenders despite having a shot at homecourt for the 1st round? This is why. 2 starters out is no excuse. They were shorthanded when they beat the Heat (also shorthanded, but still...), then this happens. Every team has a ceiling (the best that they can do), and every team has a floor (vice versa). The Hawks probably have the lowest floor of any playoff team in the NBA this season.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else taking advantage of the free preview on NBA League Pass? I'm watching Kings - Warriors right now. Caught a little of Pistons - Nets earlier. It's pretty cool.

Yeah not really worth it though. Most of the big games are on ESPN or TNT anyway.

Anyone else taking advantage of the free preview on NBA League Pass? I'm watching Kings - Warriors right now. Caught a little of Pistons - Nets earlier. It's pretty cool.

Yeah not really worth it though. Most of the big games are on ESPN or TNT anyway.

Exactly. The NBA is so top heavy. About two months into the season, you can already separate playoff teams from non playoff teams for the most part, and then you could even separate them into title contenders or just teams along for the first round exit.

If I was a big fan of some team that isn't shown a lot and I lived out of the area, sure I'd buy it or check it out. But with the Lakers they're on TV at least once a week or every other week. Same with the Celtics or Knicks or Bulls or Spurs or something.

And really for the Lakers that's all I need. I see the boxscores for each game sure, but I know that they're going to the playoffs and that they're gonna be one of the top 2 seeds in the West most likely. I just need to check they're games every now and then (like tonight's win in Denver. Very nice. Keep on chuggin along).

But that's also what turns me off of the NBA sometimes. That kinda attitude I almost have to take towards it. Each game doesn't mean really all that much. In basketball the more talented team wins 80% of the time. I can't hang on every game like it means something until the end of the season and then into the playoffs. The only time I'll focus really in on it during a season is if that norm is broken up by disfunction or a losing streak or something.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

In my household, funded my parents, NBA League Pass is on all year long. My dad and I are huge NBA guys, and I am in 2 ultra competitive fantasy leagues with my friends. I love switching back and forth, watching Andrea Bargnani or David Lee whenever I want to check on my fantasy team.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Every time there is a free preview of one of these packages, I tell myself I'm going to take advantage of it, but I never do, for a few reasons. First, it's not worth going downstairs and giving my undivided attention to a game I could put on in the background of my computer from ATDHE.net. Sure it's poorer quality, but that brings me to the second reason: I don't care. I wish I had any interest in watching Kings-Warriors, but in practice, viewing teams like Charlotte or Memphis or New Jersey or Sacramento or Golden State or even Los Angeles(es) or Miami or Chicago for a sustained period of time in a nondescript regular season game gives me the same level of excitement as sewing or ironing clothes. Maybe it's the attention deficit generation child in me, but even though I'm a pretty patient person and I love the NBA, I cannot fathom it. Football would be another story: Every game, and every team, matters. There are only a few handfuls of games, and each one is exciting, no matter who's playing. But for basketball, even Celtics games I am more likely to put on the radio or on ATDHE while I'm doing work or something. And like you said, the big games are on ESPN or TNT (and C's games on locally). So I say Sunday Ticket would be worth it, but League Pass? Not so much.

...in the East, where it's notoriously easy to make the playoffs. Hell, the Clippers would be in the 8th seed in the East right now with their same record, IIRC.

That argument can't be used because the Clippers' schedule is geared towards playing more western conference teams. Are they better than the top eight teams in the east? Maybe, maybe not, but it's too hard to say because their schedule is different from any eastern conference team's schedule.

That's a fair point. Eastern teams have by far the easiest schedules out of the two conferences, so if the Clippers had an Eastern schedule, they'd possibly have a better record. But my point was that, if all things stayed the same, record-wise, the Clippers would be a playoff team or close to it in the East.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Clippers are 13th right now in the West, but they would only be 11th in the East. Not too close to playoff-bound either way.

Maybe more importantly, their winning percentage against the East is 36%, their winning percentage against the West is 39%. So they actually play worse against the "easy" East. There goes your argument. You should check your stats before posting.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Every time there is a free preview of one of these packages, I tell myself I'm going to take advantage of it, but I never do, for a few reasons. First, it's not worth going downstairs and giving my undivided attention to a game I could put on in the background of my computer from ATDHE.net. Sure it's poorer quality, but that brings me to the second reason: I don't care. I wish I had any interest in watching Kings-Warriors, but in practice, viewing teams like Charlotte or Memphis or New Jersey or Sacramento or Golden State or even Los Angeles(es) or Miami or Chicago for a sustained period of time in a nondescript regular season game gives me the same level of excitement as sewing or ironing clothes. Maybe it's the attention deficit generation child in me, but even though I'm a pretty patient person and I love the NBA, I cannot fathom it. Football would be another story: Every game, and every team, matters. There are only a few handfuls of games, and each one is exciting, no matter who's playing. But for basketball, even Celtics games I am more likely to put on the radio or on ATDHE while I'm doing work or something. And like you said, the big games are on ESPN or TNT (and C's games on locally). So I say Sunday Ticket would be worth it, but League Pass? Not so much.

You are one strange little dude.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

You get that it's a free preview right?

BB52Big.jpg

No, I just have Asperger's.

Well done junior. Well done. You're a good sport. You're still weird but at least you have a sense of humor about it. :D

BB52Big.jpg

They've also only played 11 games against the East, and the majority of those teams have been teams in the mix for playoffs (New York, Orlando, Indiana, Chicago, Philly, Atlanta, Miami). So drop the attitude and check the schedule before posting.

But you're just proving my point by saying that. You listed 7 teams which (apparently in your opinion) you shouldn't be ashamed of losing to. That just shows that there are plenty of good teams in the East and that being in the East isn't much easier than being in the West.

Dude, infrared is a jackass. Ignore him.

You get that it's a free preview right?

No I'm saying like its not worth buying because most of the big games are nationally telivised. I actually do have the Sunday ticket, and I used to have MLB Exra Innings. Those two are worth it.

That just means you hate breaking routine.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived