2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

The Clipper jokes may get tiresome/childish/hackneyed, but they are never not true. So, there's always that.

Except for in 1978, 1991, 1992, 1997, 2002, and 2006 - all years in which they either made the playoffs or came close, not counting their years as the Braves.

As for the rest of you: the Clippers are an NBA team too, and this is the NBA thread, so I'm not seeing the issue here.

Wow look at that. Six whole competitive seasons. You should be proud. Really.

Second point is debatable, but I'll let it slide.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trust me, the vast majority of Clipper fans groan whenever they read or hear "It's the Clippers" anywhere.

Would you want to be told every five minutes that the Mariners have been a bad franchise throughout their history during baseball season? Doubt it.

True, but the flashes of greatness that the M's had far outnumber the flashes of greatness the Clippers had.

Now, back on topic: OK... Boston can beat a Miami team that has LeBron, yet they lose to Cleveland who is playing their first game without LeBron. I'm one of those who think Cleveland isn't as bad as everyone is making them out to be, but to beat Boston in the first game is quite the feather in the proverbial cap.

Yeah, I mean, if they keep winning at this rate, they'll end up winning 82 games. Without LeBron.

In all seriousness, I think a team with LeBron was easier to defend, at least from a mental standpoint, because you knew where the ball ws going to be when it mattered. Sure, he's a great athlete, and he's got the better of the opposition quite a bit, but you didn't have to think about how the Cavs were going to attack you with LeBron James. They're more unpredictable, more organized and more of a team now, and I think all their role players are going to get a lot better just from getting the ball more.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Yeah, I mean, if they keep winning at this rate, they'll end up winning 82 games. Without LeBron.

IDK. I mean, the Nets might give them a run for their money as well, since THEY are on pace for 82 wins too. Talk about these surprise teams!

Well, the Bulls threw away their first game to the Thunder, but I liked a lot of what I saw.

-Rose being the primary offensive threat (shooting 3s, taking it to the basket, windmill layups all day)

-Noah being Noah as usual

-Deng changed his skirt for a pair of tight jeans. That is a step up

-Having a coach that isnt a giant vagina

-Everything Brian Sclabrine

-Staying competitive without Boozer

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

In fairness... the Celtics are old, on the second night of a back to back, early in the season when they may not have their legs under them.

Also, in fairness... it was the Cavs defense who took them from a 3rd quarter deficit to a 4th quarter lead.

Either way... its 1 game.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Bulls fans should love Scal, I swore I'd buy a custom jersey with his name on it, but never did. He's a workhorse, and if he's participated in local radio like he did in Boston, you guys with love him too...

But, my opening night(s) gear grinder has to be Joakim Noah's hair. Good Gah! The dude gets paid millions of dollars and has mutten chops and a hobo fro! C'mon son! :blink:

You're assuming Clippers fans don't know this all too well, which we do. Yes, our franchise was a complete disaster for a long, long time, pretty much up until the playoff run with Cassell. We don't need to be reminded of our second-banana status, especially when Blake Griffin is getting the Clippers positive publicity for the first time in a LONG time.

Wait a second... 'We?' Since when are you the spokesperson for the Clipper State, hm?

It's Clipper living room.

BB52Big.jpg

In fairness... the Celtics are old, on the second night of a back to back, early in the season when they may not have their legs under them.

Also, in fairness... it was the Cavs defense who took them from a 3rd quarter deficit to a 4th quarter lead.

Either way... its 1 game.

In further fairness, its October and while no one game is more meaningful than another in theory, its kind of hard to get your players up for games this early in the season.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You people are funny, I swear to God...if some of you all don't the Clips being talked about, just don't read the :censored:in' boards. I don't apologize for that anyway.

Or you could start the Clipper fan MOD EDIT thread and leave the season thread to discussions about teams that are not eternally possessed by a malevolent djinn.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'd be okay with that, as long as all St. Louis Rams discussion is moved to a separate thread during every football season for consistency. :P

There should also be the "Grown Men Who Constantly Reference Anime" thread too.

I'd be okay with that, as long as all St. Louis Rams discussion is moved to a separate thread during every football season for consistency. :P

It's that or history, and nobody in this country pays attention to history either. Since the neglect of the latter is more likely to drive me to suicide out of frustration than the former, Woo anime!

:P

Today, we are all otaku.

It's that or history, and nobody in this country pays attention to history either. Since the neglect of the latter is more likely to drive me to suicide out of frustration than the former, Woo anime!

Plus, history is lacking in the "people dressed in rams outfits" department, so really what choice do you have?

My predictions

West------- Lakers win the West title

East

1) Orlando

2) Boston

3) Miami

4) Chicago

5) Milwuakee

6) Charlotte

7) Cleveland

8) New York or New Jersey

Playoffs East

1st Round

* Orl/NY or NJ [ORL wins in 4]

* Chi/Mil [CHI wins in 7]

* Bos/Cle [bOS wins in 5]

* Mia/Cha [MIA wins in 5]

2nd Round

* Orl/Chi [ORL wins in 5 or 6]

* Bos/Mia [bOS wins in 6]

East Finals

* Orl/Bos [any team in 7]

NBA Predictions:

EAST DIVISION WINNERS

- Boston Celtics

- Miami Heat

- Chicago Bulls

WEST DIVISION WINNERS

- Dallas Mavericks

- Utah Jazz

- Los Angeles Lakers

EAST CONF FINAL

Boston def. Miami

WEST CONF FINAL

LA Lakers def. Dallas

NBA FINALS

LA Lakers def. Boston

2010-11 MVP: Kobe Bryant

6uXNWAo.png

Plus, history is lacking in the "people dressed in rams outfits" department, so really what choice do you have?

I think there's probably a Pagan tribe or two somewhere along the line, but those are too intimidating for what I was shooting for.

On topic, Orlando seems to be whaling on Washington right now. I guess somebody did not take the Heat's press releases well.

Today, we are all otaku.

Dear Clipper Living Room,

You're Clippers fans. Good for you. Just keep in mind that you root for a monumentally inept franchise. People are going to make jokes about your team and most of the time it's with good reason. Stop acting like it's some sort of horrific personal insult and take the comments with a grain of salt.

Signed,

Cleveland Browns fans

PS: What the :censored: was this guy trying to say?

You people are funny, I swear to God...if some of you all don't the Clips being talked about, just don't read the :censored:in' boards. I don't apologize for that anyway.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived