2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

Anyone else taking advantage of the free preview on NBA League Pass? I'm watching Kings - Warriors right now. Caught a little of Pistons - Nets earlier. It's pretty cool.

Yeah not really worth it though. Most of the big games are on ESPN or TNT anyway.

Every time there is a free preview of one of these packages, I tell myself I'm going to take advantage of it, but I never do, for a few reasons. First, it's not worth going downstairs and giving my undivided attention to a game I could put on in the background of my computer from ATDHE.net. Sure it's poorer quality, but that brings me to the second reason: I don't care. I wish I had any interest in watching Kings-Warriors, but in practice, viewing teams like Charlotte or Memphis or New Jersey or Sacramento or Golden State or even Los Angeles(es) or Miami or Chicago for a sustained period of time in a nondescript regular season game gives me the same level of excitement as sewing or ironing clothes. Maybe it's the attention deficit generation child in me, but even though I'm a pretty patient person and I love the NBA, I cannot fathom it. Football would be another story: Every game, and every team, matters. There are only a few handfuls of games, and each one is exciting, no matter who's playing. But for basketball, even Celtics games I am more likely to put on the radio or on ATDHE while I'm doing work or something. And like you said, the big games are on ESPN or TNT (and C's games on locally). So I say Sunday Ticket would be worth it, but League Pass? Not so much.

You are one strange little dude.

No, I just have Asperger's.

That just means you hate breaking routine.

I kind of remember you saying you have Asperger's a while back. Is that right?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else taking advantage of the free preview on NBA League Pass? I'm watching Kings - Warriors right now. Caught a little of Pistons - Nets earlier. It's pretty cool.

Yeah not really worth it though. Most of the big games are on ESPN or TNT anyway.

Every time there is a free preview of one of these packages, I tell myself I'm going to take advantage of it, but I never do, for a few reasons. First, it's not worth going downstairs and giving my undivided attention to a game I could put on in the background of my computer from ATDHE.net. Sure it's poorer quality, but that brings me to the second reason: I don't care. I wish I had any interest in watching Kings-Warriors, but in practice, viewing teams like Charlotte or Memphis or New Jersey or Sacramento or Golden State or even Los Angeles(es) or Miami or Chicago for a sustained period of time in a nondescript regular season game gives me the same level of excitement as sewing or ironing clothes. Maybe it's the attention deficit generation child in me, but even though I'm a pretty patient person and I love the NBA, I cannot fathom it. Football would be another story: Every game, and every team, matters. There are only a few handfuls of games, and each one is exciting, no matter who's playing. But for basketball, even Celtics games I am more likely to put on the radio or on ATDHE while I'm doing work or something. And like you said, the big games are on ESPN or TNT (and C's games on locally). So I say Sunday Ticket would be worth it, but League Pass? Not so much.

Mild, but yes.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Mild, but yes.

Jesus. Is there anyone around here who doesn't have Asperger's?

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Same reason he dislikes me. Well that and I called him out on his crazy views about race.

Now of course I expect to be told that I'm "not allowed to argue with him" or something. Whatever.

We're forming a "loogodude hates us" club over in the SWPL thread in the lounge if you're interested. There's talk of getting t-shirts.

BB52Big.jpg

2 great highlights tonight, both from rookies.

2010-11 NBA rookie class, I love you so much.

Also, Kevin Durant did this

I guess this is why I watch, there are nights when :censored: like this (and the other 2 highlights) will happen.

Everyone's a jackass according to loogodude.

Now please, tell us. How did you manage to misspell "logo"?

It's an intentional misspelling based on an inside joke. I tried changing it because people kept bugging me about it. But my name change was "rejected." So loogodude90 I will continue to be.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Griffin was also two assists away from a triple-double, and hit a long three that pretty much won the game for the Clips. But yet, I'm more thrilled about that ridiculous dunk than those other facts. He's just a beast.

Also, if I was John Wall, I'd be pissed right now. In any other year, he'd probably be ROY. But in his rookie year, Blake Griffin just happens to come in with a rookie season that Hollinger puts up there with Jordan and David Robinson's rookie seasons, stats-wise. Must suck to be him.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Griffin was also two assists away from a triple-double, and hit a long three that pretty much won the game for the Clips. But yet, I'm more thrilled about that ridiculous dunk than those other facts. He's just a beast.

Also, if I was John Wall, I'd be pissed right now. In any other year, he'd probably be ROY. But in his rookie year, Blake Griffin just happens to come in with a rookie season that Hollinger puts up there with Jordan and David Robinson's rookie seasons, stats-wise. Must suck to be him.

I watched that game last night. (on the free preview that everyone says isn't worth watching :P ) It was my first opportunity to see Blake Griffin play. That kid is really good. 30 points and 18 boards but what really impressed me was how hard he plays. He seemed to be right in the middle of everything.

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah, his hustle is one of his biggest strengths. I'm also very impressed with how his jumper has improved (see: that three I mentioned).

That three was something else. You knew it was going in simply because the Warriors left him all alone out there thinking he probably wouldn't take the shot. He did and it essentially won the game for the Clippers. The kid is fun to watch. That game and Knicks/OKC have gotten me to actually consider buying League Pass. Yeah, the "big games" are always on ESPN/TNT etc. but without the preview I don't get to see Durant drain a three at the buzzer to give OKC the win last night and I don't get to see Clippers/Warriors...well, ever probably.

BB52Big.jpg

That game and Knicks/OKC have gotten me to actually consider buying League Pass. Yeah, the "big games" are always on ESPN/TNT etc. but without the preview I don't get to see Durant drain a three at the buzzer to give OKC the win last night and I don't get to see Clippers/Warriors...well, ever probably.

I watched both of those games too (well, the first half of Clippers/Warriors until an emergency sprang up & I had to miss the 2nd...but oh well). It's funny how there was all this talk in the thread about the NBA regular season being uninteresting. Last night was a perfect example of why it actually is interesting. If you didn't have League Pass, you missed out on that game & the :censored: ing WIZARDS beating the Celtics. The game on NBA TV was Utah @ Philly. Last night probably got a whole lot of people to buy League Pass.

That game and Knicks/OKC have gotten me to actually consider buying League Pass. Yeah, the "big games" are always on ESPN/TNT etc. but without the preview I don't get to see Durant drain a three at the buzzer to give OKC the win last night and I don't get to see Clippers/Warriors...well, ever probably.

I watched both of those games too (well, the first half of Clippers/Warriors until an emergency sprang up & I had to miss the 2nd...but oh well). It's funny how there was all this talk in the thread about the NBA regular season being uninteresting. Last night was a perfect example of why it actually is interesting. If you didn't have League Pass, you missed out on that game & the :censored: ing WIZARDS beating the Celtics. The game on NBA TV was Utah @ Philly. Last night probably got a whole lot of people to buy League Pass.

That's the great thing about these sports packages. Sure, they're a little pricey and the "big games" are always on the networks etc. but with Extra Innings I can't tell you how many times I watched the "big moment" live while everyone else was limited to seeing it on SportsCenter. Believe me, seeing Durant and Griffin live last night beat the hell out of seeing it as part of a highlight package.

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah, the Clips don't get a lot of national games ever, but with the buzz that Griffin has brought to the Clippers, I expect that to change next year.

I only catch NBA games at the gym (I don't have cable at home), but I've most definitely seen my fair share of Clippers games. They seem to be in the west coast TNT/ESPN rotation along with the Spurs, Lakers and Nuggets.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Mild, but yes.

OK, saw the Olbermann thread. Kevin W. doesn't have it. Awkwardness in social situations/unwillingness to engage in social situations/and or talking with people =/= Being a jackass on the Internet.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

OK, saw the Olbermann thread. Kevin W. doesn't have it. Awkwardness in social situations/unwillingness to engage in social situations/and or talking with people =/= Being a jackass on the Internet.

Just so you know, I'd never make light of anyone who has a legitimate condition. Kevin W. appears to have done a quick Wikipedia search in hopes of finding a one size fits all excuse for his behavior.

BB52Big.jpg

Rubio Still Not Interested In Playing For Minnesota

"The bottom line is, why would he want to play in Minnesota?" a senior member of Rubio's camp told Jonathan Givony in a piece for the New York Times.

What's the thing with nowadays' promising players acting like divas and dictating where they want to play and where not? One should be grateful for being selected to play in the NBA. The draft is a buyer's market, you play for the team that selects you. Who started this mess? Kobe?

And what's with the desire to go to already built, contending teams, in place of leading your own team to become a winner?

Archived