2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

Not as silly as being overly obsessed about a league and team that don't even exist in real life *cough* your signature *cough*.

I'm curious as to how you're gauging my level of "obsession", but that's not relevant to this thread. Moving on...

And I'm curious as to why you care so much about people using "we" to refer to their teams, when most fans do it anyway. As well as how that is relevant to this thread. But I didn't really get an answer to those either. So yeah, maybe we should move on.

I too find it odd how he finds the term "we" stupid, but he plays fantasy sports.

I find it odd, how you find much of a correlation between the two.

We've been down this road before Milo. I think people find your derisive comments on using "we" a bit disingenuous since you're making said comments while sporting a signature to show off championships you've won with teams that only exist in your head. While there is no correlation between using "we" and fantasy sports, I believe the point is that using "we" is not any more silly than being a pretend owner of a pretend team. It appears to some that you are throwing bricks in a glass house. That said, even though I don't entirely agree with you on the use of "we", I do agree that Lights Out takes the use of "we" to annoyingly new heights.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So when will the Cavs win another game?

Aw man, I didn't think they'd be THIS bad without LeBron...and minus 2 or 3 guys, this is basically the same team. Granted, they've had a :censored: ton of injuries, but minus Shaq & Delonte "Plains, Trains, Automobiles...Better Get My Donuts or I Will Smash Your Moms" West, this is the same team from last season, minus LeBron. If they're THIS bad without him, then LeBron not only deserves the MVP for every year he was there, he deserves a Nobel Prize for dragging that team to the playoffs. Holy :censored:, they are some kind of terrible.

Found this on the Cavs' basketball reference page:

116kfmf.jpg

Not as silly as being overly obsessed about a league and team that don't even exist in real life *cough* your signature *cough*.

I'm curious as to how you're gauging my level of "obsession", but that's not relevant to this thread. Moving on...

And I'm curious as to why you care so much about people using "we" to refer to their teams, when most fans do it anyway. As well as how that is relevant to this thread. But I didn't really get an answer to those either. So yeah, maybe we should move on.

I too find it odd how he finds the term "we" stupid, but he plays fantasy sports.

We've been down this road before Milo. I think people find your derisive comments on using "we" a bit disingenuous since you're making said comments while sporting a signature to show off championships you've won with teams that only exist in your head. While there is no correlation between using "we" and fantasy sports, I believe the point is that using "we" is not any more silly than being a pretend owner of a pretend team. It appears to some that you are throwing bricks in a glass house. That said, even though I don't entirely agree with you on the use of "we", I do agree that Lights Out takes the use of "we" to annoyingly new heights.

The difference being to me, is that in fantasy sports (or D&D, or any other type of role-playing game), everybody's in on the joke. There's no disillusionment as to level of involvement. This is probably best picked up in the old thread, though (not that I'm very interested in doing so). My initial comment was only intended as a quick-hitter.

The difference being to me, is that in fantasy sports (or D&D, or any other type of role-playing game), everybody's in on the joke. There's no disillusionment as to level of involvement. This is probably best picked up in the old thread, though (not that I'm very interested in doing so). My initial comment was only intended as a quick-hitter.

Fair enough.

BB52Big.jpg

So when will the Cavs win another game?

I dunno. Do they have a game against the Clippers left on the schedule?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Real talk: the Clippers would beat the Cavaliers by 15 right now.

Anyone who wrote that Anderson Varejao was a pretty good player in his own right, or anything to that effect, should have his fingers cut off and fed to wolves. It's only fair at this point.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Anyone who wrote that Anderson Varejao was a pretty good player in his own right, or anything to that effect, should have his fingers cut off and fed to wolves. It's only fair at this point.

I say they should cut off a foot but the point remains.

BB52Big.jpg

There were people in the national media who thought that Anderson Varejao was the Defensive Player of the Year last season. In fact, he made the All-Defensive 2nd team last year. Good gawd.

2011 All-Star Game starters:

East:

Dwyane Wade, G, Miam

Derrick Rose, G, Chicago

LeBron James, F, Miami

Amar'e Stoudemire, F, New York

Dwight Howard, C, Orlando

West:

Chris Paul, G, New Orleans

Kobe Bryant, G, Los Angeles Lakers

Carmelo Anthony, F, Denver Nuggets

Kevin Durant, F, Oklahoma City

Yao Ming, C, Houston (will be replaced on the roster by a player David Stern's choosing)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

2011 All-Star Game starters:

East:

Dwyane Wade, G, Miam

Derrick Rose, G, Chicago

LeBron James, F, Miami

Amar'e Stoudemire, F, New York

Dwight Howard, C, Orlando

West:

Chris Paul, G, New Orleans

Kobe Bryant, G, Los Angeles Lakers

Carmelo Anthony, F, Denver Nuggets

Kevin Durant, F, Oklahoma City

Yao Ming, C, Houston (will be replaced on the roster by a player David Stern's choosing)

Yaaay Internet voting! It's a shame Rory Fitzpatrick wasn't Chinese.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

There were people in the national media who thought that Anderson Varejao was the Defensive Player of the Year last season. In fact, he made the All-Defensive 2nd team last year. Good gawd.

Uhh guys, Anderson Varejao's out for the season and hasn't played a lot of this losing streak...

6fQjS3M.png

Uhh guys, Anderson Varejao's out for the season and hasn't played a lot of this losing streak...

...And now I feel dumb. Again. That's twice in a week in this thread! :wacko:

HUGE win for the Knicks, they absolutley needed it. Hopefully they can get past the Hawks tomorrow and start a little streak.

Unless it is WAS winning on the road or CLE winning period, there is no such thing as a "HUGE" win during the NBA regular season.

HUGE win for the Knicks, they absolutley needed it. Hopefully they can get past the Hawks tomorrow and start a little streak.

Unless it is WAS winning on the road or CLE winning period, there is no such thing as a "HUGE" win during the NBA regular season.

Yeah I did overreact a bit there, it's huge for their confidence how about that?

Yeah I did overreact a bit there, it's huge for their confidence how about that?

They are currently the 6th seed and will remain there this season and will be a lower seed for the foreseeable future since they are lapse at playing defense.

They are currently the 6th seed and will remain there this season and will be a lower seed for the foreseeable future since they are lapse at playing defense.

Ok.

Remember when Joakim Noah was a poor man's Varejao?

Now Varejao is a poor man's Joakim Noah. No, not even poor. He's a flat-out broke man's version. With worse hair. And he flops like a Texas Hold-em dealer.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived