2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

It's weird. I know that the Hawks can at least hang with the Heat (regular season, at least), they proved that in preseason (Yeah, I know it's preseason, but NBA preseason gives you a much better look than any of the other pro sports). However, I know that the Hawks cannot hang with the Magic, & I don't think anybody in the Southeast but the Heat (& for that matter, anybody in the rest of the East except for the Celtics) can hang with the Magic. They were embarrassing teams in preseason, and annihilated the Wizards tonight. The Magic have entered this season in "WE ARE :censored: ING PISSED" mode, it seems.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's weird. I know that the Hawks can at least hang with the Heat (regular season, at least), they proved that in preseason (Yeah, I know it's preseason, but NBA preseason gives you a much better look than any of the other pro sports). However, I know that the Hawks cannot hang with the Magic, & I don't think anybody in the Southeast but the Heat (& for that matter, anybody in the rest of the East except for the Celtics) can hang with the Magic. They were embarrassing teams in preseason, and annihilated the Wizards tonight. The Magic have entered this season in "WE ARE :censored: ING PISSED" mode, it seems.

Not only they are pissed, they are getting pissed on by the heat as we speak :D

Not only they are pissed, they are getting pissed on by the heat as we speak :D

Yeah, didn't see that coming at all. :wacko: Wow, only took a couple games for the Heat to look like...well, the Heat.

Dear Clipper Gathering,

It's easy to see why the five of you are so high on the Clippers. They looked really good tonight losing by 18 to Golden State.

Signed,

A guy looking for an NBA team to root for. :D

What about the hometown Cleveland Cadavers

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Kevin Martin just got T'd up for running down court and making a small air punch (I would barely even call it that) in no direction towards the referee.

THESE NEW TECHNICAL RULES NEED TO STOP NOW

Matt Barnes got T'd up for jogging to the ref in order to give him the ball. It's f :censored: ing ridiculous. The ref's were right in calling it by the rule but the rule itself is a joke, and extremely stupid. It makes me not wanna watch the NBA :cursing:

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

The Clipper jokes may get tiresome/childish/hackneyed, but they are never not true. So, there's always that.

Except for in 1978, 1991, 1992, 1997, 2002, and 2006 - all years in which they either made the playoffs or came close, not counting their years as the Braves.

I wasn't aware that we "continuously pump up" our team. Most Clipper fans have some perspective about how the franchise is viewed and that we really can't talk until the franchise accomplishes something.

That being said, it's hard not to hype Blake Griffin right now because of his potential - even as the trash-talking Lakers fan you are, you've got to admit he's a beast.

As for the rest of you: the Clippers are an NBA team too, and this is the NBA thread, so I'm not seeing the issue here.

For the first bold: Except for the years 1958, 1975, 1976, 1994, and 2005 the Lakers have made the playoffs every year besides those particular ones.

For the second bold: As a lifelong Laker fan born Laker-Showtime season ticket holders and raised in LA County to always root for the Lakers, I do, too, agree that the Griffin Beast is infact, well, to put it lightly, a bonafide beast. The Griffin Beast is a joy to watch.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Dear Clipper Gathering,

It's easy to see why the five of you are so high on the Clippers. They looked really good tonight losing by 18 to Golden State.

Signed,

Reread the Offseason thread :P

Dear Clipper Gathering,

Signed,

I was trying to be humorous Francis.

BB52Big.jpg

Dear Clipper Gathering,

Signed,

I was trying to be humorous Francis.

I just wanted to roll out Cleveland Cadavers ^_^

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Nobody said it was easy to be a Clippers fan. :P

However, once the rest of the team starts being able to shoot again, we have the talent to compete in the West. Our schedule is doing us no favors either - a lot of last year's playoff teams to start the year, and an 11-game road trip (!) in the middle of the year.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Nobody said it was easy to be a Clippers fan. :P

However, once the rest of the team starts being able to shoot again, we have the talent to compete in the West. Our schedule is doing us no favors either - a lot of last year's playoff teams to start the year, and an 11-game road trip (!) in the middle of the year.

Again with the "we" nonsense.

BB52Big.jpg

Exactly. I've bought Clippers merchandise (like jerseys), which helps support the team financially. I watch as many games as I can, so that helps their ratings, too.

Without fans, teams would go bankrupt, so I think fans have the right to say "we" when we're talking about our favorite teams. Especially when one of them is a historically-bad and cursed franchise that you've rooted for your whole life, through thick (well, as little "thickness" as possible) and thin.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Exactly. I've bought Clippers merchandise (like jerseys), which helps support the team financially. I watch as many games as I can, so that helps their ratings, too.

Without fans, teams would go bankrupt, so I think fans have the right to say "we" when we're talking about our favorite teams. Especially when one of them is a historically-bad and cursed franchise that you've rooted for your whole life, through thick (well, as little "thickness" as possible) and thin.

Sure, you have every right to say "we" but it still sounds stupid.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived