NY Jets Logo + Uniform Concept

Phitin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Empire State/Jet combination is utter brilliance. I didn't even think 9/11 until it was mentioned, and I think the connection is tenuous at best. This is an incredibly solid concept - well done!

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

I really like what you've done with the logo. One of my first attempts at making a logo was of a Jet/Skyscraper that I posted here way back in 2002:

JetsConcept1.jpg

Wow. Flashbacks. Good idea, but the delivery definitely needed work but i abandonded it and moved on.

Anyway, the jet logo doesn't look right on its side. It needs to stand up, otherwise it looks like it's laying on the ground.

jetslogo.png

jetshomen.png

jetsroad.png

Alright so I made a few changes after seeing some suggestions:

-Flipped the logo upward, added a bit of detail to avoid blandness in the wings compared to the rest of the logo, and made the whole thing a little less vertically long.

-Changed the striping in the jerseys a little to make the overall design a little less complicated.

-I tried putting the logo vertical on the helmet, but it just doesn't look good to me. Instead, I angles it a little, which I like a lot better.

phitinsig.png

Much better. Still have one red bar on the facemask on both uniforms. If you fix that it will look much better.

Great update! Nice work on the uniform.

I'll be honest, I'm staring at this thing really hard and can't see any red. Is is really that easy to see, and I'm just that colorblind?

EDIT: Well after staring at my screen as if it were one of those 3D optical illusions, I finally caught the red.

phitinsig.png

I love the concept for the logo. Combining the Empire State Building and the Plane is genius. The uniform is alright, but i just dont like the shoulder striping. I think their current set works well. Still, that logo is amazing.

Oakland Raiders World Champions 1976 1980 1983

Oakland A's world champions 1910 1911 1913 1929 1930 1972 1973 1974 1989

Golden State Warriors world champions 1947 1956 1975

San Jose Sabercats Arena Bowl Champions 2002 2004 2007

oak1-med.gifgold1-med.gifathletics1-med.gifsharks1-med.gif

Creative yes. But I think the plane would be a no-go.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I've been going through this thread, and was going to suggest the tilting of the jet on the helmet exactly like that, but you got to it before I even got a chance to say it or even look at the thread.

However, the upright jet and typeface seems to be as flat as the original logo try. I think it would look great if you had the diagonal plane overtop of the typeface, perhaps with some curved flight lines. Here's a quick and very bad mockup:

732x3q.jpg

I feel this look gives it more dynamicism (is that a word?).

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've been going through this thread, and was going to suggest the tilting of the jet on the helmet exactly like that, but you got to it before I even got a chance to say it or even look at the thread.

However, the upright jet and typeface seems to be as flat as the original logo try. I think it would look great if you had the diagonal plane overtop of the typeface, perhaps with some curved flight lines. Here's a quick and very bad mockup:

Like pretty much every NFL primary logo, the logo is supposed to be a symbol on its own. I wouldn't want to combine it with the wordmark for I feel that would be very out of place.

phitinsig.png

Archived