NFL 2nd Season Sideline Caps

Bmac

They don't sell plain hats with the team logo because the NFL feels like people won't pay for a hat that has no 'work' put in to it; no 'design' put into it. So they put together the design brief for sideline apparel with that in mind, and we end up with hats like this. That's just how the NFL sees it. Not right or wrong, just maybe different than your or my philosophy is all. I mean, they still sell the plain caps, just not for the sideline program.

I would bet that the reason for the lack of plain hats is that once you buy one of those, you're set for the next 20 years. If you constantly switch designs, you have to throw in a few bucks each year to look current.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

2nd season hats have been around since the multiple supplier days,i could be off on the year but I remember Starter was the first on field supplier that did a second half sideline hat back in 1997.Other suppliers followed suit and Reebok followed tradition since taking over back in 2002,last few seasons they not only have released a second half hat but also translate the same design into a winter hat just like they do visors in the same design as the first half hat.This season is unusual cause apparently Reebok has released two 2nd season hats,the one discussed here and a gray camo style design and of course not only in cap form but winter hat form.Reason I know this is due to seeing both designs at lids when i was last there.Hope my post wasn't too long,but i needed to share what I knew on the subject and I hope it helped. :grin:

Here is the gray camo version of which you speak:

hwl1.jpg

hwl.jpg

Yep that's the one Bmac,it looks alright pretty simple and can be worn with anything.I'm more of a fan of the winter hat versions of both designs,with the camo one being made of a fleece material,I'm probably gonna end up getting the black winter hat cause i can wear it with my leather jacket,lol,plus i have last years winter hat which is also fleecy and goes well with my giants winter coat :grin:

Merchandising, merchandising, merchandising!

Isn't that the truth. I shudder to think off all the resources wasted on excess and unnecessary merchandise that winds up adding to landfills 'round the world. In part, it's why I no longer follow pro sports (or even much college) any longer.

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

Here is the winter hat that goes with:

players_black_uncuffed.jpg

be sure to cut along the dotted lines...that 2nd logo looks like it came out of a child's arts and crafts book...just terrible

the 2nd season concept is ok but for some reason I thought it had more to do with the playoffs then that design (or an iteration of it) would spill over to the following year...maybe not.

btw has reebok made a single decent sideline cap in their contract's history...99% of the designs were better suited for the nascar crowd...way too many colors and panels for no reason at all.

bring on new era asap

Archived