Color Differentiation in Pro Leagues?

rebelx

I'm wondering, how much differentiation is there between teams in MLB, the NBA, and the NHL that have similar color schemes (one thing that's cool about the NFL is that no two teams have the same color scheme; the Broncos and Bears seem to be the only teams that are really that close color-wise). Anybody know the specific Pantone shades that the following teams use?

In baseball:

Medium Blue, White, Red: Los Angeles, Texas, Chicago (NL), Philadelphia

Dark Blue, White, Red: Atlanta, Boston, Anaheim, Washington, Minnesota, Cleveland, St. Louis (I would think that the Angels and Nationals, if nothing else, are slightly distinguished by their uses of silver and gold, respectively)

In basketball:

Medium Blue, White, Red: Detroit, LAC, Philadelphia (Philly and Detroit both use fourth colors in their logos, and I wish they'd use them a little more in their uniforms to help distinguish them from the Clippers, who have no quaternary color to speak of)

In hockey:

Red, White, Black: Chicago, New Jersey

Medium Blue, White, Red: New York Rangers, Montreal

Medium Blue, Orange, White: New York Islanders, Edmonton's regular homes (it'd be nice if the Oilers kept their newer color scheme, which I like a lot, to help differentiate them, but I don't know that that will happen at this point)

Also, regarding the Broncos and Bears, their shades of blue are obviously different, but does anyone know if their shades of orange are the same or not?

I'm wondering, how much differentiation is there between teams in MLB, the NBA, and the NHL that have similar color schemes (one thing that's cool about the NFL is that no two teams have the same color scheme; the Broncos and Bears seem to be the only teams that are really that close color-wise). Anybody know the specific Pantone shades that the following teams use?

Someone needs to create a ColorWerx Signal we can shine into the sky.

Archived