Boards upgrade, downtime 20 mins

CC97

4:30pm, still have the Profile box open in the upper right corner.

Firefox for Mac

I'm on firefox, and in addition to having the profile box open it appears that multiquote is disabled.

Hard refresh, you should be fine. I was seeing the same problem earlier.

The DFHL/NHA Scores in your sig are incomplete.

Yeah, that one's weird.

There are still some green elements for me in the 'Your Options' features.

Something I noticed: any links posted are now black opposed to blue which is confusing because they just look like underlined text.

Example:

This is underlined text and this is a link to Google.

I think Chris will be taking care of style issues (or telling me where they are), he did all of the previous styling so I don't know what all was changed last time.

Also noticing that links open in the same tab as the board was in rather than a new one.

I'll get that in a second.

Love the upgrades, Chris. Keep up the good work.

<_<

Are there any new features or is this just a patch / bugfix?

Nothing big, mostly patch stuff. The code is different enough to have broken a couple things.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You forgot to mention the really nice mobile edition. I do most of my browsing of this site on my phone, and the new interface really helps.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Can the feature where links would open in new tabs instead of over top of the current page be restored? That little setting makes such a big difference.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Test link

Links should be opening in new windows, this is just a test.

Edit: It looks like any links posted between when the upgrade happened and the fix I mentioned earlier are locked in as opening in the same window as the forums. From here on out, links open in a new window.

You forgot to mention the really nice mobile edition. I do most of my browsing of this site on my phone, and the new interface really helps.

Totally forgot about that. Yeah, the mobile skin was part of this upgrade.

How is the "share" feature going to work? Don't people have to be members to read the topics?

Anyone who's not registered would be prompted to log in / create an account.

No biggy, but there is still green lining when I update my profile settings.

I think that's taken care of now.

Has anyone had the driver errors come up since the upgrade? The new software does some interesting stuff that might take care of that but I'm not sure.

Nope. I used to get a lot of driver errors, especially at night, and I haven't had one sinse the upgrade.

25yzwqg.png

Is anybody still having trouble with the boards? The drop down menu from where it lists the person's user name won't go away and the emoticons on the right side of where I type my post don't show up.

Is anybody still having trouble with the boards? The drop down menu from where it lists the person's user name won't go away and the emoticons on the right side of where I type my post don't show up.

I'm not having the first problem you're having, but have you tried clicking the "smiley" icon that's located in the toolbar along with bold, underline, etc.? For me pressing that button toggles the display of the emoticon tray.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I'm not having the first problem you're having, but have you tried clicking the "smiley" icon that's located in the toolbar along with bold, underline, etc.? For me pressing that button toggles the display of the emoticon tray.

That toolbar doesn't even exist. I'd bold the most relevant portion of your post, but I can't even do that.

Screenshot!

aaaahgfgdfgdf.jpg

And FYI, if anyone is looking for a sweet deal on some shirts, JCPenney is your place.

Archived