Boards upgrade, downtime 20 mins

CC97

When I scroll down while a page is still loading, it takes me back to the top once loading is fully completed. So I either have to wait for every single thing to load, or scroll down twice. Kind of a nuisance.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anybody still having trouble with the boards? The drop down menu from where it lists the person's user name won't go away and the emoticons on the right side of where I type my post don't show up.

I'm 90% certain that's a caching issue on your end (based on how it was fixed for me). Hard refresh / clear your cache and see what happens.

Is anybody still having trouble with the boards? The drop down menu from where it lists the person's user name won't go away and the emoticons on the right side of where I type my post don't show up.

I'm 90% certain that's a caching issue on your end (based on how it was fixed for me). Hard refresh / clear your cache and see what happens.

Works fine now, thanks.

I am very pleased to see that the automatic directory has returned to PM sending.

Now, one issue... when it comes to the notification listing on the right side of the screen, is it possible to have notifications not show up after reading, or will they have to be manually marked as read every time?

VmWIn6B.png

I am very pleased to see that the automatic directory has returned to PM sending.

Now, one issue... when it comes to the notification listing on the right side of the screen, is it possible to have notifications not show up after reading, or will they have to be manually marked as read every time?

Good point. Once we fix that and the confusing black links, this upgrade will be 100% successful.

25yzwqg.png

Not sure if this is an issue with the upgrade, but I'm getting error #103119 when trying to split topics in the American Association. Just trying to graveyard Jordan23Club's spam post from our general info thread.

VmWIn6B.png

Not sure if this is an issue with the upgrade, but I'm getting error #103119 when trying to split topics in the American Association. Just trying to graveyard Jordan23Club's spam post from our general info thread.

I deleted all his posts, it might be because the post doesn't exist anymore and it's being cached to appear in the thread

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I deleted all his posts, it might be because the post doesn't exist anymore and it's being cached to appear in the thread

It's this post here that I'm trying to split off:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=18875&view=findpost&p=1410857

I already edited the content out, but since it's an info thread, I'm hoping I can kick out the extra blank post and then lock the thread.

VmWIn6B.png

It's this post here that I'm trying to split off:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=18875&view=findpost&p=1410857

I already edited the content out, but since it's an info thread, I'm hoping I can kick out the extra blank post and then lock the thread.

For some reason it can't find the post when it tries to delete it -- I've set the post to "Unapproved", mods may be able to still see it but members will not.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, im sure some of you will hate this idea, but i thought id put it out there.

With staus updates as well as messaging, i was wondering, why not have a chat box? Not too make it exactly like facebook, but I mean something like chat with your friends on here i think would be beneficial. When Im having convos with someone through PM, it gets kind of annoying having to check it over and over. I know a lot of people just come on this site, check new stuff and leave, and dont have time for a chat, but i thought id see what people think.

So, good idea, or bad?

Alright, im sure some of you will hate this idea, but i thought id put it out there.

With staus updates as well as messaging, i was wondering, why not have a chat box? Not too make it exactly like facebook, but I mean something like chat with your friends on here i think would be beneficial. When Im having convos with someone through PM, it gets kind of annoying having to check it over and over. I know a lot of people just come on this site, check new stuff and leave, and dont have time for a chat, but i thought id see what people think.

So, good idea, or bad?

It could be very beneficial, but may have a couple of flaws. I'll start out with the pluses:

-Quicker and more efficient method of communication between board members

-Fun way to get to know members or chat about certain topics privately

It can have some problems, though:

-Easy way for trolls to bother the members (easily remedied by the "ignore" button, I guess)

-Just another medium for possible cyber-bullying (then again, anything on the interwebzz allows for cyber-bullying)

I'd support a chat box, maybe have a chat room added to the site? That way, a whole group of members could get together and discuss uniform/logo news and/or debate political issues at a much quicker pace.

Isn't that exactly what this place is, though? A giant chatbox?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Isn't that exactly what this place is, though? A giant chatbox?

Sort of, but it doesn't flow as quickly as a regular chat room. In chat rooms, you don't need to refresh the page to see new posts. Basically, a chat room would make certain things go much quicker than they already go. Not many people mind the intervals between posts, so I guess it really doesn't matter that much.

How much more interaction do you need between members? That's what real-live friends are for. If you really like someone enough that you have to communicate with them all the time, can't you give them your AIM or whatever IM program you use?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question about mobile: Is there any way for mobile users to jump out of 'mobile mode' and back over to the regular web version of the boards?

On Android, clear your cache, turn off mobile view in the browser settings, and then it should take you to the regular site. Just make sure to turn off the visual editor.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived