College Football Rivalries

Lights Out

cyclones.png

hawkeyes.png

For the Cyclones, I brought back the "I trim" from the Seneca Wallace era uniforms on the collar, removed the USC ripoff shoulder striping, and added sleeve stripes instead. I brought the cyclone bird back to the helmet as well.

For the Hawkeyes, I brought back the "banana striping" from this uniform set but in a classier, less intrusive way. I also used the aborted updated tiger-hawk logo, which looks much better than the real one, IMO.

Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Iowa State's collar and I like that you made the Iowa jerseys not look like the Steelers' jersey.

Agreed. The ISU collar and red pants probably needs a little tidying up, but a couple extra minutes on Inkscape can fix that.

And this is a great idea.

25yzwqg.png

virginiacavs.png

virginiatech.png

For Virginia, I brought back the distinctive trim and numbers from their mid-'90s set and introduced sword stripes based on the swords from their primary.

For Virginia Tech, I created a pattern which fades on the jersey, the pants stripe, and inside the numbers, and used gradients on the jersey in lieu of solid color. This is probably my most ambitious college football concept since the infamous Florida rivalry jersey.

Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'm fine with the VT microchipy pattern, but I would make a few changes. For starters, I would remove it from the jersey itself, and keep it in the numbers, the VT helmet logo, and the pants. Having it fade from the top of the jersey just looks odd to me. If you really want to use it, you could put it on the socks and undershirts as well. Unless you have a reason behind using those numbers, I would change them to a different font. The current one doesn't seem to fit in. I think this VT concept has potential, nice work.

I've got to echo what Bmac said. While the techy pattern looks nice, it's a bit overkill and almost defeats it's use. I'd keep it sublimated on certain parts of the uniform, such as the numbers stripes and decals, and leave it at that. And yes, a change to a more techy font would look nice as well.

Also, I've been noticing that some of your colors are a bit off. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but most of them don't match up with the current color pallette.

Nice work, nonetheless. I'm impressed with the series so far.

Those numbers and those colors on Virginia Tech are very Dunkin' Donut-esque. Those numbers on Virginia are just ugly. Some of the worst uni numbers ever.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Could you do a Minnesota vs. Wisconsin concept? Oh, you are doing rivalry concepts, nevermind.

I love these so far. The logos on the collars seem to run over the outline of the collar. Is this intentional or just a silly mistake?

Unfortunately, I don't have their current font. Does anybody have it?

i dont know if this would help, but on the paint templates thread, virginia techs fonts are on the first page

maehl.png

I love the Virginia Tech jersey's. I like the gradient jerseys and the numbers. I don't like the collar on Virginia that much, but the number font and pants are great.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Archived