College Football Rivalries

Lights Out

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My two cents:

Iowa/ISU- I love the helmet for ISU that you made, and both sets are really nice as well. Nothing I would change about it.

Virginia/VT- Gotta admit, the gradient jersey is pretty ambitious, but by God they work so well here. Outstanding. Oh, and UVA's set isn't bad either. I really like the sword stripe, adds a lot of detail.

Going in the right direction here, keep it up!

Iowa State - Love the entire concept, only gripe is that the cyclone seem just a tad too big.

Iowa - Love it. Did you try swapping the the black and yellow on the numbers on the road jersey? So that they're black with a yellow outline? I know you lose some yellow but I think that'd be a sick road set.

Virginia - Zero crits. Always like seeing orange and blue together and I like the unique pant striping.

VaTech - I really love the gradients on the VT, numbers and pants. So much so, I'm not even sure you need them on the jerseys themselves. I'd go full red for the home, full white for the away. I might also use the awesome home pants with both sets but I know that throws off the number/pants stripe match you have going on.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

nebraska.png

mizzou.png

For Nebraska, I added a gold corn color, because I've never understood why a team called the CORNhuskers does not actually use the color of corn. I also changed the striping to include a sublimated corn kernel pattern as well as a thin green stripe to represent the husk. I also changed the helmet logo to their actual primary with yellow added.

For Mizzou, I used the traditional tiger stripe helmet pattern made famous by the Bengals and continued that motif in the numbers and the stripes. Other than that, there's nothing really special, as I decided to keep somewhat of a classic, no-frills look.

Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Not feeling these as much...

Nebraska- I understand what you are trying to do with the colours, but it really isn't working. The colours are waaayyyy to bright; I think you definately need to darken the green. Otherwise, I guess the yellow is okay, but maybe use it in moderation. You know what, I would just stick with red and white (with a tiny bit of yellow to outline), but thats's just my opinion. Probably a (**)(**)(*)(*)(*) , but with the minimization of yellow, this could be a winner.

Missouri- The font is...different, I actually kind of like it. The Bengals-esque helmet is fine. Overall, this concept is good...like a (**)(**)(**)(**)(*) .

25yzwqg.png

I'm sorry but those Nebraska uniforms are hideous. As a concept they work fine, but the Cornhuskers would never wear those in a million years. Nebraska might try to leave the union before adding gold or yellow to the color scheme.

I like the thought behind it though - but colors and mascots don't necessarily have to match. Ever see a navy and gold Wolverine? Or a purple Wildcat?

If you're going to modify the NU color scheme, you can MAYBE safely get away with gray, silver or black. But that's about it. Anything else would be like adding brown to Penn State.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I'm sorry but those Nebraska uniforms are hideous. As a concept they work fine, but the Cornhuskers would never wear those in a million years. Nebraska might try to leave the union before adding gold or yellow to the color scheme.

I like the thought behind it though - but colors and mascots don't necessarily have to match. Ever see a navy and gold Wolverine? Or a purple Wildcat?

If you're going to modify the NU color scheme, you can MAYBE safely get away with gray, silver or black. But that's about it. Anything else would be like adding brown to Penn State.

+1

Yellow for Nebraska is not good, I see where you are going but man, it's just not pretty. Adding yellow to the Huskers just makes me think Chiefs, ugh.

Also, as Pianoknight stated, mascots don't have to match color, other examples would be the Broncos, Rams, Dolphins, etc.

Like Mizzou

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I fully expected the legion of Husker fans to have a heart attack seeing that Nebraska concept. I realize mascots don't need to match colors, but when you only have one other color, would it really be too much to ask for to put some yellow in there to represent corn?

Are they really that hideous? :D

xLmjWVv.png

I fully expected the legion of Husker fans to have a heart attack seeing that Nebraska concept. I realize mascots don't need to match colors, but when you only have one other color, would it really be too much to ask for to put some yellow in there to represent corn?

Yes they are :P

Seriously, I know it's a concept so on the home uniform you may as well go red on the helmet (with yellow corn stripe) too, go all they way man. The white red yellow on the homes doesn't look that great.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Yes they are :P

Seriously, I know it's a concept so on the home uniform you may as well go red on the helmet (with yellow corn stripe) too, go all they way man. The white red yellow on the homes doesn't look that great.

Gonna back up Impaler here and say that they look like the Chiefs. I think the red and yellow color combination isn't half bad, it's just that I instantly think Iowa State, USC, Chiefs, and even teams that use gold instead of yellow like the 49ers, Buccaneers, etc.

Like I said, if you're going to add a color to NU, you MIGHT be able to get away with black. I know black for black's sake is overdone, but our defense is technically nicknamed the Blackshirts, so in this case, I think NU is justified with blacks and grays. Actually, back in 1892 when the team started playing football, their colors were just stark black and white.

=============================

Onto Mizzou. I like the helmets and the pants, although the jerseys seem a little too simple for my taste. I actually really, really like what Missouri wears now, with the piping and sleeve accents. Maybe add in a few more accent pieces and/or mesh to flesh out the concept.

But overall it's pretty slick. Bengal-style helmets are good- what would they look like with perhaps a sublimated tiger stripe pattern in the background and the current "M" logo still prominent?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Yes they are quite hideous! ^_^

But I applaud you sir on trying something different. I agree with Bmac's suggestion, except I'm not sure how I would like it with a black outline. I'd prefer the Huskers stay just plain red and white. And if you're going to do a corn pattern, how about making the pants stripe sort of come to a curved point at the bottom? Might not look too bad.

Keep trying out new things, I love your creativity!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Would love to see a UNC / NC State matchup.

Here you go:

ncstatepack.png

nctarheels.png

For the Pack, I made a brand new helmet design featuring their howling wolf silhouette logo, and worked their three-wolf logo into the pants striping. I took inspiration from some NBA teams by adding a triangular collar insert with the old "NSC" monogram logo.

For the Tar Heels, I played it safe, adding argyle to the pants and sleeves, which I (and apparently many others in the concept forum) think would freshen up their look immensely. I also used a number font that matched better with their "NC" logo.

Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

Would love to see a UNC / NC State matchup.

Here you go:

ncstatepack.png

nctarheels.png

For the Pack, I made a brand new helmet design featuring their howling wolf silhouette logo, and worked their three-wolf logo into the pants striping. I took inspiration from some NBA teams by adding a triangular collar insert with the old "NSC" monogram logo.

For the Tar Heels, I played it safe, adding argyle to the pants and sleeves, which I (and apparently many others in the concept forum) think would freshen up their look immensely. I also used a number font that matched better with their "NC" logo.

Comments?

Aww...no Bearcats-Louisville? :cry:

About the NC - NC State concept, I'm a big fan of NC, and I guess NC State is OK...at first I didn't like it, but now it's starting to grow on me. North Carolina is great.

25yzwqg.png

Archived