College Football Rivalries

Lights Out

Nebraksa: Honestly, this has potential to be a full time set, the corn kernel pattern is simply genius. I think if you switch to their current color scheme and go with the standard Athletic Block number font and add TV numbers, you could have an amazing uniform here.

Mizzou: A bit dissapointed, to be honest. I was hoping somebody would finally use their primary logo in their uniforms, it's much netter than their M logo.

NC State: The idea is definately there, but something just doesn't look right. The black doesn't really fit, maybe it's just that there's too much of it.

UNC: Tar Heels look great, but I'd switch to white pants for the homes and switch the fill and stroke for the home numbers. other than that, looks great.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and here's Cincinnati vs. Louisville.

cincinnati.png

louisville.png

For Cincy, I went with monochrome because the red really pops with that, I used the eyes logo on the front of the helmets to create an intimidating look, and I used striping based on the eyebrows of the eyes logo.

For Louisville, I used the old Arizona Cardinals logo because Louisville's current logo is hideous, and Louisville did use a red helmet with that logo in 1963. I utilized yellow, and I used triangular striping that I felt went well with the cardinal's beak. I also used a number/NOB font that I felt matched their script better. Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

First, I like your Nebraska update. The yellow and green just didn't work, but I like the subtle corn pattern with the red and white.

Now onto Cincy and Louisville. I really like what you did with Cincy...the eyes on the helmet were a good idea, and like the subtle gradient on the stripes. I would think about flipping the sleeve stripes so the thick part is in front so it will match the eyebrows, and I also might make the front numbers smaller and put the Cincinnati script above them. I like how that looks on their unis.

Louisville, on the other hand, I really don't like at all. First, you have to keep their current logo...it helps identify the team. If you took away the Louisville above the jerseys and posted it people would think it's an AZ Cardinals concept. Also, the red and yellow are both too bright, and I'm just not feeling the yellow. I don't really think of yellow when I think of Louisville.

I'm going to be mean for this one considering it includes my favorite NCAA team.

Cincy: I don't like the pant striping at all, but I really like the helmet and every thing else. I would add a white outline to the numbers on the home uniform. (**)(**)(**)(**)(*.5) , 5 when you fix the pant striping and add outlines to the numbers.

Louisville: Yeah, I don't like the use of the Arizona Cardinals logo. Like Gary said, I would use the L logo. Otherwise, it's pretty amazing. (**)(**)(**)(**)(*.5) , 5 when you fix the helmet logo. Oh, and is it just me or are those unis kind of orange?

25yzwqg.png

Any chance you could do Arizona/Arizona State?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like them, especially the inclusion of the mountain logo. However, I'm surprised you didn't use a variation of Zona's helmet stripe.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Iowa State : Awesome. love everything. That helmet would be great. And they do need a new identity... they look too much like USC currently.

Iowa : I like. Always loved their color scheme and Iowa never needs to go complicated in their uniforms. What you did would be a nice look.

Virginia : Dont really like the number font and a little too much orange on the home, but i like the sword as the pant striping.

Virginia Tech : I do like VA Tech's black pro combat unis, but I honestly think this is a little bit of overkill. I think the tech imprints should only be in the #s. Your updated version is a lot better, but I think the gradient should go away. Only stay inside the #s.

Nebraska : I like them, but I dont really like the yellow mixed in with the red and yellow because now they look like Iowa State. Version 2 : Absolutely amazing!!! A lot better than your first. The yellow looks better as an accent.

Mizzou : Didnt the cincinnati bengals have a concept helmet that looked like that? Anyways, interesting concept. With a little more detail done, like striping and piping, i could see a team trying to pull off that design.

NC State : LOVE it.

UNC : Dont like the number font, otherwise solid.

Cincinnati : Love it. Would love to see those on the field.

Louisville : Dont really like it at all. For the helmet logo, you should go with the L like someone else suggested.

Arizona : Thats easily the best concept of all of your concepts, so far.

Arizona State : Second best. What a beautiful game it would be if the two teams played in these unis!

Miami : I like the Idea but it seems difficult to execute.

Florida State : I like them a lot, but I dont think anything can replace what they currently have.

This makes me sad. PLEASE no more Split U logos or colors on the uniforms. You are the 500th person to over use this. Nothing against you personally, but every Miami concept is splitting of the colors. Why not just make some piping or something else? Be unique.

I'd like to see FSU/Miami(FL) or maybe a Duke/Wake Forest set to complete the NC rivalry you already have going on,,,

Whoa there, I dont think Wake & Duke is a rivalry. Is it now? :therock:

EDIT: I would love to see the concept though.

ChaBobcats-SquareSig.pngBlueJaysSquareSig.png

DashSquareSig.png

Archived