Lights Out

College Football Rivalries

HydroBolt3. No, Duke & Wake isn't a true rivalry (I'd say that's Duke/UNC) but seeing as half of the 'Tobacco Road' schools are covered, I suggested finishing the set.

HydroBolt3. No, Duke & Wake isn't a true rivalry (I'd say that's Duke/UNC) but seeing as half of the 'Tobacco Road' schools are covered, I suggested finishing the set.

True.

absolutely love the ASU and FSU concepts

This makes me sad. PLEASE no more Split U logos or colors on the uniforms. You are the 500th person to over use this. Nothing against you personally, but every Miami concept is splitting of the colors. Why not just make some piping or something else? Be unique.

I agree, and to be completely honest, coming from a Miami fan, this is the worst of the 500 <_<. I dont think its impossible nor wrong to incorporate the split U/colors, but it has been done poorly so many times, that yes it is kinda sad.

sorry, but not many of these concepts are doing it for me. there is a lot of forced stuff in the concepts, like just blowing up logos and trying to fit them onto uniforms.

Well, execution has never really been his forte lol. If he improves on that, they might seem a little better.

If I could draw at all (let alone on a computer) then my execution would possibly be better, but I can't. I use Photoshop, and IMO, this is the absolute best execution that I could possibly do in Photoshop.

As for Miami, people use the split-color idea so much because it's a good one. There's so many design possibilities with that element that it's a shame Miami doesn't actually use it more.

Yeah, I agree with the majority, that U concept isn't very good. I do like FSU, though.

Here are a few ideas for some more concepts.

• Ohio State vs. Michigan
  • Oregon vs. Oregon State
  • Georgia vs. Georgia Tech
  • Ole Miss vs. Tennessee
  • Boise State vs. Nevada (if you want to try something outside the box)
  • Pitt vs. West Virginia

I hope you take some of these into consideration! :)

I was actually planning on doing Boise State vs. Idaho sometime as that's the REAL Boise State rivalry. I also have Ohio State vs. Michigan in the works.

Well, there's no point in doing Oregon. You can't get crazier than what they already have.

Well, there's no point in doing Oregon. You can't get crazier than what they already have.

+1.

Mark my words, Oregon will be the first team to jump on the NFL Breast Cancer bandwagon. Not because they care about any particular cause; they just want an excuse to add another color to the repertoire.

Yeah, I forgot about the Vandals. Here are several more (15 16 to be exact) suggestions if you decide to continue this series for a long time and so you have plenty of options...

• Alabama vs. Auburn or Alabama vs. Florida
  • South Carolina vs. Clemson
  • Connecticut vs. Syracuse
  • Boston College vs. UMass
  • Wyoming vs. Nevada (opposed to BSU vs. Nevada) or UNLV vs. Nevada
  • Stanford vs. USC (or Cal vs. USC)
  • Kansas vs. Kansas St.
  • Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State (or Oklahoma vs. Texas)
  • Texas vs. Texas A&M
  • Colorado vs. Colorado State
  • Indiana vs. Wisconsin or Illinois vs. Indiana

Cal vs. USC? What about Cal vs. Stanford first?

Cal vs. USC? What about Cal vs. Stanford first?

Oops. Fixed.

Even more...

• Washington vs. Washington State
  • Army vs. Navy
  • Instead of Wyoming-Nevada, Wyoming vs. Colorado State (the Border War)
  • Fresno State vs. Hawaii
  • Minnesota vs. Penn State (for the Governor's Victory Bell)
  • BYU vs. Utah

Notre Dame and USC? I'm pretty sure we're one of, if not the biggest, rivals to Southern Cal.

Notre Dame and USC? I'm pretty sure we're one of, if not the biggest, rivals to Southern Cal.

Yeah, it is a big rivalry but Lights Out has been doing mostly regional rivalries in this concept. If he wants to go a little less regional, that's a great rivalry. But that's his decision, not mine.

If I could draw at all (let alone on a computer) then my execution would possibly be better, but I can't. I use Photoshop, and IMO, this is the absolute best execution that I could possibly do in Photoshop.

As for Miami, people use the split-color idea so much because it's a good one. There's so many design possibilities with that element that it's a shame Miami doesn't actually use it more.

Actually, theres a reason why Miami doesn't use it... because it's not a good idea.

How about breaking the rules and doing a three-way rivalry set with Army, Navy and Air Force?

I love the Miami and Florida State jerseys, I wouldn't change a thing.

I think I'll scratch Ohio State/Michigan for now and do that instead. Great idea!