Nebraska FB Uniform Concept

Bmac

Here in Nebraska, we like tradition. Especially when it comes to Husker football. That said, I made a few changes to the football uniforms for a concept. It isn't anything too exciting, unless of course you are a crazy Husker fan like myself.

The old thin N logo is gone from the helmets, replaced by the current block N logo. The sleeve stripes on the jerseys are different than the current jerseys, but keep the same double stripe pattern. A collar insert has been added. An all-white alternate road uniform is available, and the throwback jerseys from last season are back as full-time alternates.

nufootballhome.png

nufootballroad.png

nufootballroadalt.png

nufootballthrowback.png

I might try some other college football teams, we'll see how this goes.

It's solid. I like the slab serif N on the helmets, as well as your edit to the double stripe on the sleeves so it matches the pants. Two things, though: 1)I realize it's the template you're working with, but the thin black lines around the pants stripe are distracting. Could those be removed? I think people will still understand that there will be a seam there. 2)It's always bothered me, personally, when a team uses inconsistent striping, like the Colts having a double stripe everywhere but the helmet, or the Redskins stripe-o-rama mismatch when they wear the gold pants. I know Huskers fans love their tradition, but would it be too much to ask to use a double stripe on the helmet? I think it would be better for the concept.

Just my two cents?

I know Huskers fans love their tradition, but would it be too much to ask to use a double stripe on the helmet?

Yes. We're not Wisconsin.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a single stripe on the pants, like we had in 2002.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I like that it's pretty similar. A couple of things that pop out to me, the sleeve striping now looks like Wisconsin. Really like that we now see an alternate color belt, harkens back to Rozier and Gill days. I like the block N but I know Husker Nation will freak out about it.If your goal is consistent striping I would take the sleeves and the pants down to one stripe.

Also, regarding the helmet, the N is a straight on view, where as the helmet is kinda from the side front. Also, you should see part of the red helmet stripe on the front view.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

You could try a single, thick pant stripe with a "cutout" N in the stripe, like the 2002 unis.

Actually, I wish Wisconsin would go back to their old school helmets where the "W" was on the front and back, rather than the sides, of the helmet. wiscon2005c.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived