The College Hockey Uniform Thread

Bmac

This thread put me on a search, because it seems the MTSU Ice Blue Raiders are apparently done...maybe for good. Quite a shame, really. And for what it's worth, they wore jerseys in the style of the pre-Edge Maple Leafs, with the MT-and-flying-horse logo crest.

Hoever, they did fall victim for the BFBS craze at least once, wearing a black sweater to salute the football team's "Blackout."

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Bemidji State wore their edge-style jerseys again Friday night, but broke out their long anticipated (I'll explain that in a moment) alts for the Sat. game:

DSC_7474.jpg

These made their "debut" almost a year and a half ago, when Sheryl Crow wore it at a classic rock festival near town:

b53ac316-3fec-4118-b60d-2c0cfb9e0a73.jpg

But they've not been worn on ice until last night...

I must say that I don't like the unis my school, UMass Lowell, uses.

5632352.jpeg (homes)

3265267391_9713e9c2d6.jpg?v=0 (roads)

In keeping with UML's newfound emphasis on blue, the school changed its road uniforms to this:

5911211.jpeg

I must say that I don't like the mismatched stripes on the sweater and pants... (R/W/R on sweater, W/R/W on pants and shoulder--how it should be)

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

• 2 weeks later...

The only things about that jersey that qualify as "awful" are the CCHA, Adidas and Big Chill patches. They took a (potentially) great throwback and made it look like crap.

Oh, and as an aside, "Milwaukee" what? UW-Milwaukee? MSOE? MSOE, being, you know, an actual versity program... Reason I bring it up, both "Milwaukee" and Utah State's pics each feature a player wearing mismatched gloves. How am I supposed to take club hockey seriously (at least from a uni standpoint - I won't even go into level of play) when they can't even match gloves and helmets?

Oh, and as an aside, "Milwaukee" what? UW-Milwaukee? MSOE? MSOE, being, you know, an actual versity program... Reason I bring it up, both "Milwaukee" and Utah State's pics each feature a player wearing mismatched gloves. How am I supposed to take club hockey seriously (at least from a uni standpoint - I won't even go into level of play) when they can't even match gloves and helmets?

Having fun on your high horse? Like you can't figure out what school "Milwaukee" refers to when ESPN even refers to us as such? Exactly what are they doing at UW-Madis... I mean "Wisconsin" to make their alums such condescending douche-nozzles when it comes to other schools in the system? Must be the we wanna be on the east coast "public ivy" thing. Nevermind that the University of the Government of Wisconsin's monopolizing of the state's higher education budget has everything to do with the lack of D1 football and hockey programs in Wisconsin.

Anyway, last I checked, there was nothing that said this thread was only about D1 varsity programs. Hell, the sub-title on this thread is "yes, there is such a thing," excuse me for trying to keep it going...

I love Ohio's gray jerseys from last year (and this year?). The script "Cats" is kind of cool:

4603011467_7d840dd1d0_z.jpg

However, I can't say the same for the black ones they're wearing this year. I didn't get to go to the Miami/Ohio game last night, but I think I would have cringed a little at the all-black trend that seems to be pervading even D1 hockey.

These black jerseys aren't my favorite.

I haven't been to a game yet this year so I'm not sure if these are away, home, alternate, or what. I just don't like them that much. The Ohio Arch should ALWAYS be in green, in my opinion.

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Images thanks to TornadoGTS

Having fun on your high horse? Like you can't figure out what school "Milwaukee" refers to when ESPN even refers to us as such? Exactly what are they doing at UW-Madis... I mean "Wisconsin" to make their alums such condescending douche-nozzles when it comes to other schools in the system? Must be the we wanna be on the east coast "public ivy" thing. Nevermind that the University of the Government of Wisconsin's monopolizing of the state's higher education budget has everything to do with the lack of D1 football and hockey programs in Wisconsin.

Anyway, last I checked, there was nothing that said this thread was only about D1 varsity programs. Hell, the sub-title on this thread is "yes, there is such a thing," excuse me for trying to keep it going...

Your completely off-topic University of Wisconsin system diatribe aside, what does the rest even have to do with the aesthetics of mismatched gloves and helmets? Isn't this website about how teams look on the ice/field/court? I think club hockey looks like crap when they can't even get matching helmets and gloves for their players. What's wrong with that statement?

• 1 month later...

Archived