The 2010-2011 MLB Offseason Thread

AnythingChicago

You're buying season tickets to see a bad baseball team because of the bench coach?

You didn't know? Coach Trammell trumps winning.

In the world of Williams, this is a true statement. I am a Diamondbacks fan as well. Trammell is a part for me to buy season tickets, but I do feel that the team will be a bit better next year as well.

There is also that whole "first crack at purchasing All Star Game tickets" thing too, I take it ;)

Ding...That is the main reason, Trammell is nice, but I actually want to go to the All Star Game

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orioles Hire Jim Presley as Hitting Coach

I know this might not seem to exciting or interesting to other fans, but its kinda a big deal in Baltimore. Terry Crowley has been the hitting coach for the past 12 seasons. Its really weird to see someone else taking over. In fact its really weird to see a manager actually get to pick his own coaches. I can't remember the last time an Orioles manager got to do that.

Crowley had lots of critics here in Baltimore for the past couple season. IMO, he got too much blame for the lack of talent the team has acquired. I do know he turned Felix Pie from hopeless to solid batter (when healthy).

Any Diamondback or Marlins fans have any opinions on Presley? I'm a little curious as to what his hitting philosophy consists of.

Man, those D-Backs are on fire! :P They say they plan on going after free agent Paul Konerko. Too bad they'll never get him, he's most likely resigning with Chicago. But, hey, I could be wrong; he lives in Scottsdale.

I can see them over-paying him, but the fact he's a Scottsdale native and his kids live here, it could be too much to pass up. Besides, the Diamondbacks need the veteran leadership and a 1st baseman who can give them some leverage. If they can sign him, it'll be a good signing

Nothing that Cliff Lee has said or not said up to this point amounts to a hill of beans. It's all about how much the Yankees are willing to overspend to sign him.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The Yanks could sign Cliff Lee, but it doesn't mean diddly-squat as we found out this year. Who here thought the Giants would defeat the Rangers 4-1 before spring training? *silence* That's what I thought.

I do have this from reliable sources, the Dodgers will continue to cut payroll to pay for the McCourts' expenses. Dodger Dogs will be half the size and now be called, "Chihuahuas" and they will sue the state of Chihuahua for trademark infringement. Meanwhile they will only have recordings of Vin Scully doing games because they can't afford to actually pay Vinny.

Kind of sad news asSparky Anderson is in failing health due to dementia. I really hope he can pull through it. Great man, great manager.

Sadly this is not something you can pull through its like Alzhiemers.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived