David Robertson wearing wrong style numbers

NDwas

Here's the best photo I've got for now:

IMG_0218.jpg

And graphical examples of what he's wearing compared to what he should have been wearing:

robertsonbad.gif * * * robertsongood.gif

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I noticed the same thing and sent a message to Paul at Uni Watch in case he didn't pick up on it.

Here is a screen grab from when he was finally pulled from the game. It clearly shows the MLB Block number rather than the proper Wilson Varsity Block numerals.

5095226381_29da5b67d0_b.jpg

Robertson probably picked the jersey up in the stadium parking lot -- the same place the Yankees found him.

Yeah, I don't think having the correct numbers on his Yankees jersey is something he'll have to worry about for very long.

BB52Big.jpg

That looks a bit wide to be the MLB block - it looks to me like the block Majestic used to use when names and numbers on replica jerseys were single-layer, single-color - before they went Swingman with everything.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived