Sign in to follow this  
Geoff

Non-whole uniform numbers

I've been following EHC München for the past few seasons and I've been perplexed by their roster each time I look at it this season. Defenseman Dave Reid is listed as 95.5. I not sure if this is some weird quirk or a sponsorship deal but his jersey actually says 95.5:

2010_10_17_18_57_54_DSC_6411.jpg

2010_10_17_19_00_13_DSC_6427.jpg

I'd guess radio station, but who knows. Reminds me of T-Wovles mascot "Crunch", who's number was (is?) 101.3 after the local top-40 station.

Eddie Gaedel's jersey from his at-bat with the St. Louis Browns --

eddie_gaedel_jersey.jpg

eddie_gaedel_poster.jpg

I didn't know NASCAR had a hockey league. Damn there's a lot of sponsors on those uniforms.

Welcome to European hockey.

If Kyle Wellwood joins this league, he can wear pi! The only question is how many decimal places he'll get on there.

It's like in Blurnsball, all the whole numbers are being retired so people have to go to fractions (or in this case, decimals).

If Kyle Wellwood joins this league, he can wear pi! The only question is how many decimal places he'll get on there.

Better yet, he can wear e^(i pi) + 1.

Eddie Gaedel's jersey from his at-bat with the St. Louis Browns --

eddie_gaedel_jersey.jpg

eddie_gaedel_poster.jpg

Technically, it wasn't an at-bat, just a plate appearance. ;)

Technically, it wasn't an at-bat, just a plate appearance. ;)

Point taken. :cursing:

From the team website, a news article from 6 June 2008.... Please keep in mind I let Google Chrome do my translation.

"Reid will accrue in the coming season with the Radio Charivari 95.5 back number."

Do European hockey teams sell lots of jerseys? I'd imagine not with all of that clutter.

I do wear pi as my number (amateur baseball in Melbourne, Australia). No issues with decimal as I use the greek letter

DSC_0212s.jpg

Or they can start going with letters as numbers:

goldberg.jpg

that's a Roman Numeral ^_^

Do European hockey teams sell lots of jerseys? I'd imagine not with all of that clutter.

I've seen replicas without the ads but they do sell off their game worns.

And approximately how much of the land mass of Europe is owned by Skoda Motors? They're like Omnicorp.

They are a huge supporter of hockey in general.

I didn't know NASCAR had a hockey league. Damn there's a lot of sponsors on those uniforms.

welcome to uniforms outside of North America. I live in australia and unis have crap-loads of sponsors.