NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bucs wore all white again.

Forced the Rams to wear their home blues and they wore white pants with it.

Also it was military appreciation day at the Bucs game, so it was pink free. I was thrilled, it looked so nice out there.

We should have a military appreciation month rather than a breast cancer month.

Or we could have neither.

And now without further adieu, here is this week's installment of Make Dennis Bergan's head explode...

Best looking games this week.

1. Redskins - Bears: The best home uniform in the NFL hosting one of the best road looks in the NFL. Normally, I'm not a big fan of the dark color pants but the Redskins really make it work.

Redskins_Bears_Football.sff_73289_game.jpgRedskins_Bears_Football.sff_73175_game.jpg

2. Steelers - Dolphins: The Steelers number font is the only problem with this match up. This is what an NFL game should look like.

Steelers_Dolphins_Football.sff_73162_game.jpgSteelers_Dolphins_Football.sff_73265_game.jpg

3. 49ers - Panthers: Great match up of classic and modern. I really like the Panthers blue jerseys but I don't think it would work as a full time look. They look great a couple times a year. Any more than that and I think they'd get old fast.

49ers_Panthers_Football.sff_73227_game.jpg49ers_Panthers_Football.sff_73218_game.jpg

4. Browns - Saints: Great helmets, classy uniforms. What else can you ask for?

Browns_Saints_Football.sff_73235_game.jpg

Worst looking games this week.

Last week had a lot of great match ups. This week had it's share of train wrecks.

1. Bengals - Falcons: The Falcons are just a couple minor fixes away from joining the ranks of the best looking teams. They really aren't that bad. It's the stuff for the sake of stuff that ruins their look. The Bengals are utterly hopeless. For some reason they always remind me of a highway construction zone.

Bengals_Falcons_Football.sff_73209_game.jpg

2. Cardinals - Seahawks: If Seattle would simply wear white pants at home they'd never make this list.

3. Bills - Ravens: The Ravens look is average at best. What ruins it is the "font for the sake of font" numbers. Buffalo...well we all know what Buffalo looks like.

4. Eagles - Titans: The Titans are uniform schizophrenics. They can look good and they can look awful. This week they looked awful. The Eagles are basically innocent bystanders in this one.

Other notes: Raising breast cancer awareness is a great thing. What the NFL needs to do is pick one week of October for wearing pink. It's really getting old. For some reason San Diego's home look doesn't look nearly as bad as their road look. It's still not great but it's not as awful as the white on navy look. Like the Falcons, the Chargers are a couple tweaks away from a great look.

Tune in again next week for another episode.

BB52Big.jpg

I agree with 1 & 2, but 49ers-Panthers would've been nicer had Carolina worn black, to give it that mid 90s NFC West feel.

Browns-Saints was as ugly as Drew Brees' performance. Both sets are already dull and boring enough. No "pop". And with it being plays indoors give both unis that "gloomy" look and feel.

6uXNWAo.png

Bucs wore all white again.

Forced the Rams to wear their home blues and they wore white pants with it.

Also it was military appreciation day at the Bucs game, so it was pink free. I was thrilled, it looked so nice out there.

We should have a military appreciation month rather than a breast cancer month.

Or we could have neither.

True, and I'd rather have no added uniform elements than the team colors.

But I'd much rather see money raised for the people fighting for our freedom, than a cancer research for a type of cancer that is everywhere and gets plenty of money.

Where's the cure?

Sigh, sorry to get this sidetracked.

I wish the Giants were wearing their red jerseys tomorrow night, I miss those things. I can't wait for the Texans redout this year, that always looks so good.

2ly2w09.jpg

And now without further adieu, here is this week's installment of Make Dennis Bergan's head explode...

Best looking games this week.

4. Browns - Saints: Great helmets, classy uniforms. What else can you ask for?

A competitive game. :mad:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Sorry if this is old news, but I'm noticing some variations in the Giants pants striping tonight. Looks like some players striping is a lot thicker than others, and the spacing is different...

It's a pants version of the new jerseys the Giants are testing. The stretch material cause the stripes to be thicker.

Sorry if this is old news, but I'm noticing some variations in the Giants pants striping tonight. Looks like some players striping is a lot thicker than others, and the spacing is different...

It's a pants version of the new jerseys the Giants are testing. The stretch material cause the stripes to be thicker.

Nike can't come soon enough.

The mismatched pant stripes (the wide ones looked RIDICULOUS, BTW) went right along with the entire game. You had The Boys, with their lame uniforms and 106 different colors shades going up against the Gents' and their 2 different pant stripes, with a few pink accents thrown in for good measure.

The NFL needs to get their act together with their uniforms. Looks bushleague out there.

Archived