NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tune in again next week for another episode.

Can't wait, moron. :grin:

That's it? Assh*le.

I guess you didn't see the smiley next to the comment, chief.

But nice use of the english language. Added a ton, to the discourse.

I saw the smiley and I actually thought about using one myself. But I figured you weren't kidding and I know I wasn't, chief.

My contribution to the "discourse" is certainly open to debate. That said, I'm reasonably certain that my effort is at least a little more substantial than posting this every week is.

I hear the Cowboys are going with the "classic" whites with silver-green pants this week.

Hope they are lucky!

Keep 'em coming. It "adds a ton to the discourse."

BB52Big.jpg

And now without further adieu, here is this week's installment of Make Dennis Bergan's head explode...

Best looking games this week.

1. Redskins - Bears: The best home uniform in the NFL hosting one of the best road looks in the NFL. Normally, I'm not a big fan of the dark color pants but the Redskins really make it work.

Redskins_Bears_Football.sff_73289_game.jpgRedskins_Bears_Football.sff_73175_game.jpg

2. Steelers - Dolphins: The Steelers number font is the only problem with this match up. This is what an NFL game should look like.

Steelers_Dolphins_Football.sff_73162_game.jpgSteelers_Dolphins_Football.sff_73265_game.jpg

3. 49ers - Panthers: Great match up of classic and modern. I really like the Panthers blue jerseys but I don't think it would work as a full time look. They look great a couple times a year. Any more than that and I think they'd get old fast.

49ers_Panthers_Football.sff_73227_game.jpg49ers_Panthers_Football.sff_73218_game.jpg

4. Browns - Saints: Great helmets, classy uniforms. What else can you ask for?

Browns_Saints_Football.sff_73235_game.jpg

Worst looking games this week.

Last week had a lot of great match ups. This week had it's share of train wrecks.

1. Bengals - Falcons: The Falcons are just a couple minor fixes away from joining the ranks of the best looking teams. They really aren't that bad. It's the stuff for the sake of stuff that ruins their look. The Bengals are utterly hopeless. For some reason they always remind me of a highway construction zone.

Bengals_Falcons_Football.sff_73209_game.jpg

2. Cardinals - Seahawks: If Seattle would simply wear white pants at home they'd never make this list.

3. Bills - Ravens: The Ravens look is average at best. What ruins it is the "font for the sake of font" numbers. Buffalo...well we all know what Buffalo looks like.

4. Eagles - Titans: The Titans are uniform schizophrenics. They can look good and they can look awful. This week they looked awful. The Eagles are basically innocent bystanders in this one.

Other notes: Raising breast cancer awareness is a great thing. What the NFL needs to do is pick one week of October for wearing pink. It's really getting old. For some reason San Diego's home look doesn't look nearly as bad as their road look. It's still not great but it's not as awful as the white on navy look. Like the Falcons, the Chargers are a couple tweaks away from a great look.

Tune in again next week for another episode.

I thought your top 2 would be what you said.

The Chargers have the best 3 uniform sets in the league along with the Texans, Panthers, and Eagles. They ARE great. Their style is cool. They are far from awful. They don't need any tweaks to look different. The white on navy is a good look.

The Bengals/Falcons I disagree about. It doesn't have the feel to make me call it the worst.

Heres one back.

Best looking games

1. Patriots/Chargers

http://www.life.com/image/105996899/in-gallery/51581/best-nfl-pics-week-7-2010

http://www.life.com/image/105997530/in-gallery/51581/best-nfl-pics-week-7-2010

http://www.life.com/image/105996797/in-gallery/51581/best-nfl-pics-week-7-2010

2. Steelers/Dolphins

3. Redskins/Bears

4. Raiders/Broncos

5. Rams/Buccaneers

Worst looking games

1. Browns/Saints

2. Jaguars/Chiefs

3. Vikings/Packers

4. Eagles/Titans

Packers are hit and miss. Since they had the Vikings, I got the game where it's at. The Jaguars depend on who they play. They don't have a bad look, but the Chiefs bring them down along. The Browns and Saints are unexciting.

The 49ers current uniform isn't that great. If they had their previous design I would have had the 49ers/Panthers game in the best looking game.

If you like style, Patriots vs Chargers is awesome. Raiders/Broncos had the look to go with their history of their rivalry. Rams/Buccaneers seemed nice after a while.

Archived