Arena Football League Thread 2011

Gary

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Georgia Force came back?

Yep. They're playing up in Gwennett after a year as the Alabama Vipers. There's also the issue of the new logo for the Force, but... I'll leave that to those who really want to argue that.

Milwaukee Iron to be rebranded as the Mustangs.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/113945279.html

Here's hoping that purple and teal identity does not return...

Wow... the things that happen when you're not paying attention. Too bad this had to come almost a decade after anyone might have cared. It honestly wouldn't bug me to see a return of purple & teal though. Not only are those colors unique again, but they just wouldn't look like the Stangs in anything else.

But contrary to whats been echoed throughout this thread, Milwaukee is not further west than Chicago, at least not significantly further... we're talking a matter of a couple miles if anything. It still doesn't change the fact of how ridiculous it is to have teams in cities whose suburbs touch one another not play in the same division.

Good luck to him then. The college ranks and the NFL can't say that the man doesn't have any professional experience.

I can see him as a college or pro QBs coach, but he's gotta work his way up to OC.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Rattlers upcoming season just got a bit more interesting...

http://www.azcentral...a-rattlers.html

Good luck to him then. The college ranks and the NFL can't say that the man doesn't have any professional experience.

I can see him as a college or pro QBs coach, but he's gotta work his way up to OC.

I agree, but I see him more as a color commentator for CBS or FOX

• 1 month later...

Old thread but the season kicks off Friday, NFL Network will broadcast Philadelphia Soul at Pittsburgh Power.

I am very excited for the season and while I no longer live in the area I hope to catch a Storm game or 2 when I head back down that way. They also play Friday at the VooDoo.

Also heard that Arizona is changing their helmets:

rattlershelmets.jpg.w300h169.jpg

Yuck. They replace their very unique copper helmets with another dime-a-dozen black helmet. Just terrible.

They are destroying the Rattlers identity, which is one of my favorites in all of sports. The Rattlers just won't be the Rattlers with black helmets.

niagaraq.png

Old thread but the season kicks off Friday, NFL Network will broadcast Philadelphia Soul at Pittsburgh Power.

I am very excited for the season and while I no longer live in the area I hope to catch a Storm game or 2 when I head back down that way. They also play Friday at the VooDoo.

Yuck. They replace their very unique copper helmets with another dime-a-dozen black helmet. Just terrible.

They are destroying the Rattlers identity, which is one of my favorites in all of sports. The Rattlers just won't be the Rattlers with black helmets.

Horrible idea...hopefully this is for a special occasion only. Any deviation from their identity would be a disaster.

IF they are going to make any changes, they need to match the copper-ish color on the jersey to the true copper of the helmets.

Arizona%20Rattler%20Football%2006192010-0124.JPG

News segment on this evening showed them practicing in these helmets, so unfortunately the chance of them using these is growing if not guaranteed.

Couldn't tell if they are just black or if they have a touch of teal (in the light) similar to the Jags helmets.

Well the season kicks off tonight with 3 games. On NFLN at 8 the Philly Soul take on cross-state rival and expansion team Pittsburgh Power. At the same time the Storm travel to New Orleans to battle the VooDoo. And at 10:30 the defending champs Spokane go to San jose to play the Sabercats in their first game in 2 years.

All in all the games go through monday so it's Arenaball action for four straight days!

niagaraq.png

They should take those thin, yellow, shoulder stripes, make them white, and then fill in that part of the sleeves with gold instead of the black they used.

However, onto the game itself. It wasn't bad, and it's nice that the 500 people who actually showed up got their money's worth.

They should take those thin, yellow, shoulder stripes, make them white, and then fill in that part of the sleeves with gold instead of the black they used.

However, onto the game itself. It wasn't bad, and it's nice that the 500 people who actually showed up got their money's worth.

The announced about 13,000 tickets sold, but I think it looked sparse as according to some people I've talked to who were at the game, almost everyone was in the upper sections. The Power ticket prices are way to high for the AFL, they really need to lower it.

San Jose had about 10k at their game but New Orleans had a pathetic 6k.

That's low for SJ but after 2 years off it might take a few games for attendance to rise again.

niagaraq.png

The announced about 13,000 tickets sold, but I think it looked sparse as according to some people I've talked to who were at the game, almost everyone was in the upper sections. The Power ticket prices are way to high for the AFL, they really need to lower it.

San Jose had about 10k at their game but New Orleans had a pathetic 6k.

That's low for SJ but after 2 years off it might take a few games for attendance to rise again.

Most teams will be like that, after a few years off.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

News segment on this evening showed them practicing in these helmets, so unfortunately the chance of them using these is growing if not guaranteed.

Couldn't tell if they are just black or if they have a touch of teal (in the light) similar to the Jags helmets.

Crap...

462278.jpg

Most teams will be like that, after a few years off.

Perhaps, but I think the cities returning from 2010 will tell the tale as to whether the Arena Football goose is cooked. How will the Clevelands, Chicagos, Dallases and Arizonas fare in terms of second year attendance? If the numbers are up it may be promising. If they flat-line or worse, drop, they're screwed.

nav-logo.png

Crap...

462278.jpg

I sincerely hope that's just the helmet they'll be wearing for AFL Kickoff 2011. I do love the Sharks' uniforms though, so this was just copper helmets-away from being a visually-appealing matchup.

Archived