Arena Football League Thread 2011

Gary

Maybe it's just for when they wear the teal alternate jerseys.

Maybe.

God, have the Rattlers ever ruined their look.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Well, looks like Georgia actually came to their senses, because the Klingon abomination logo has completely disappeared from their website.

VmWIn6B.png

• 5 weeks later...

Christ dude, you're bandwagoning for the Shock too?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hey now, with the NFL locked out, I need some form of football to watch! At least I didn't start rooting for the Rattlers.

OK, I'll give you that.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It could be worst, rams... He could be a Barnstormers bandwagoner (although there isn't much of a bandwagon to hop on.. It's more like a Barmstormer sedan at this point).

On the outdoor game: Weird idea, but it seems like Spokane figured it out much quicker then Utah did. I think someone said that there is a video on YouTube showing the field transformation at Joe Albi Field (Where the game was held).

I remember the Richmond Revolution doing all their home games outdoors, sure if was half the yard but it really didn't work for me IMO. I mean, if your gonna play football outdoors, might as well make it the whole field. Funny thing though was their games kept getting delayed by rain, no cleats in arena ball.

baltimoreravens.png

Does anyone else see the stupidity in putting an arena football game outdoors?

Yeah. It's a gimmicky publicity stunt for a game whose very ruleset is a gimmicky publicity stunt. And it's not even the first time this happened. Granted most of the others involved NIFL teams that were really, really fly by night.

Today, we are all otaku.

The Tampa Bay Storm, once a proud franchise, greatest in the AFL, has reached a pathetic new low. Ugh.

Did they fold?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Tampa Bay Storm, once a proud franchise, greatest in the AFL, has reached a pathetic new low. Ugh.

Did they fold?

No they are just playing like garbage and don't seem to have any real direction. It seems to the new ownership the on-field performance is just an afterthought. Hopefully this isn't true and the team starts to turn around next year. Despite some putrid play they did have a decent run mid-season.

I and a lot of Storm fans are still upset at the firing of Tim Marcum. Besides his replacement Dave Ewart was Marcum's right hand man for a long time, if we got rid of Marcum I say we get a whole new staff and just start a whole new era.

Just saying, Tampa Bay and bad arena football don't typically go together, but it is what it is. Just hope we see some marked improvement next season.

niagaraq.png

This I agree with. Seeing Tampa Bay at 6-10 at this point is just strange. It's such a proud franchise that a season like this is just weird.

Another weird thing is the rise of Dallas. Last year, they couldn't win a game. Now: They're in line for a playoff berth.

It could be worst, rams... He could be a Barnstormers bandwagoner (although there isn't much of a bandwagon to hop on.. It's more like a Barmstormer sedan at this point).

On the outdoor game: Weird idea, but it seems like Spokane figured it out much quicker then Utah did. I think someone said that there is a video on YouTube showing the field transformation at Joe Albi Field (Where the game was held).

Hey, that'd be me! :P

I root for the Gladiators since they're from Cleveland but also Iowa because my best friends moved to Des Moines a couple of summers ago and when we visited last summer, we saw them play Spokane. Plus the identity is awesome :P

6fQjS3M.png

Hey, that'd be me! :P

I root for the Gladiators since they're from Cleveland but also Iowa because my best friends moved to Des Moines a couple of summers ago and when we visited last summer, we saw them play Spokane. Plus the identity is awesome :P

Count me in the Iowa bandwagon too. All the way back to the late nineties when AFL was shown on the Nashville Network.

soundersbanner.png

• 3 weeks later...

The playoffs are underway, with the Storm out I am on the Rattlers bandwagon.

So far so good, Orlando gets crushed and the Rattlers are doing well against Spokane. I like the Rattlers and it would be good to see an old guard team hoist the trophy. Either way it won't Orlando I can at least be happy.

The Storm showed some spark with former USF Bull Matt Grothe under center the last 1 1/2 games where he threw for 10 TDs on just 2 pics and another rushing TD.

But if we can get Edwards, Whittaker and Amarri Jackson as well as guys like Cliff Dukes to come back with Grothe then we can put together one heck of a team to compete next season. I hope they all do suit up in the blue and gold again, I think a big issue this season was we had no QB. We played like 5 QBs this year. With Grothe we will have the stability and skill there we need which is not to be underestimated.

Beyond that I would like to see Zbydniewski (Try pronouncing that!) come back as the 2nd stringer. He played pretty solid and would fill that role pretty well.

No way of telling yet who will come and go but if we get all these guys back together then next season could be a good one.

niagaraq.png

I hope none of you are Force fans; not looking good for you.

Also, did you all hear about the pink footballs? Hilarious story.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Archived