My atlanta falcons uniform concept

IronChefShark

with all the talk of the new falcons logo, Ive decided to take a crack at it. this has pretty much the same feel of the current and/or new logo, but looks more like what a real falcon should.

I made two uniform concepts, both of which are exactly the same except for the helmets. I prefer the black helmets myself but of course MOST OF YOU want the red helmets  ??? so I made a black helmet and a red helmet to make all parties happy

COPY AND PASTE THE SHORTCUTS!

Atlanta Falcons new logo proposal

Atlanta Falcons new uniform proposal w/ black helmet

Atlanta Falcons new uniform proposal w/ red helmet

Real falcons are brown. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

As usual, Shark, your concepts are sharp, uncluttered and use colors well.  I like the red helmet better than the black and I really like how you striped the sleeves on both of the jerseys.  Although I prefer the Falcons' new logo to the one you've proposed, yours is still pretty good - kind of like the Baltimore Orioles' "zoologically correct" bird.

Black helmets, for sure.

I agree with the stripes, those are cool.  I'm not so down with the logo, though.  It looks... dare I say... too "cute."

There is something about that bird that makes me think it wouldn't fly as a pro logo. Maybe the outlines are too thin. Maybe it's not fierce enough. Maybe the pose isn't realistic or active enough, for a detailed image. I can't put my finger on it, but something sets other modern pro logos apart from this bird. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Your jerseys on the other hand are fantastic. I still have a few suggestions, but I love the simplicity and strength in the arrangement of those colours. For the black jersey, I suggest being consistent in your use of gray separating red and black. It's on the sleeve and collar, but not so noticeable (if it actually exists) on the pants and non-existent on the numbers and helmet. I think it would look real good on the helmet. Although I like the red helmet in 2d a lot, I think if I saw them both in 3d, I'd choose the black.

You did a lot of work here, way to go, Shark.

what I wanted to accomplish with the logo was to somewhat keep the feel of the logo allready in use, whether it be the original logo or the new logo. I also wanted it to somewhat resembe what a real falcon looks like without being too detailed. I honestly feel I didnt detail it too much but it seems a couple of you disagree.

in the east bay area we have a lot of falcons and kestrals (a smaller species of falcon) inhabiting the hills and I often see them when Im out working. While it is a bird of prey, a falcon doesnt really look all that fierce to begin with. it has a lot to do with the beak. a falcon's beak is short and has a gentle curve, whereas a larger raptor such as a hawk or eagle have a longer beak with a prominent, sharp hook on it. also a falcons eye seems larger in proportion to its head then it does on a hawk or an eagle. I also based the way I patterned the logo on what Ive seen in real falcons, hence the white belly and face.

now the uniforms. I feel that there are too many three layered number schemes in the NFL today (esp. with the lions going that way now) and I wanted to keep the two layered numbers the falcons allready have. there isnt supposed to be a stripe separating the black and red on the silver pants, as I wanted to keep a simple look to them. same reason for the single red stripe on the black helmet. while at first the striping on the jersey, pants, and helmet look inconsistent, take a gander at the Steelers striping scheme, and you will see that it works just fine.

as always, I appreciate feedback. I know this is a tough crowd to please but its just best to stay with what works for each individual designer here.

I know this is a tough crowd to please

..and your doing a damn good job of pleasing us, IMO.

I didn't like the logo when I first saw it, but I then looked at it on a helmet and I love it. I really like most of your work, and this is really one of the best Falcons designs I've seen.

So is it official then, is that goofy tail-less bird the Falcons' new logo? So let's see, that's two teams that've ruined their once-beautiful uniforms so far. Wonder how many more before the season starts?

Archived