Tampa Bay Devil Rays Concept

IronChefShark

Those are pretty cool, and I do like the lighter shades (maybe they'll actually be visible on the field), but I'm not diggin' the shoulder stripes on the alternate, makes it look too much like a BP jersey. Other than that nice job, I do think if nothing else they need a sleeker number font.

• 1 month later...

Didn't the Rays have purple in their color scheme for a while? I don't remember seeing the blue except for minimal parts of the logo (highlights of the black area & background in circle).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Oh, I like doing this (I think I'm the only one):

Tampa Bay Devil Rays Colors (1998 through 2000):

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS BLACK

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS PURPLE

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS LIGHT BLUE

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS BLUE

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS GREEN

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS YELLOW

Tampa Bay Devil Rays Colors (2001 through present):

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS BLACK

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS GREEN

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS BLUE

Good, i'm not going crazy. I knew they had purple, I thought they still had it when they minimized the color scheme a few years ago. I didn't realize it was phased out entirely in favor of the blue.

This is why I always thought the Cleveland Indians had purple in their color scheme. Back in 1982 or 83, when Topps baseball cards were designed with hockey stick-like stripes down the left side, the Indians striped were purple and red. There was a definite difference between the Indians "navy blue" (purple) and the navy worn by the Red Sox and Yankees. It was much more towards the blue end of the spectrum, darker than what the Rockies and D-Backs wear now, but discernable from the Red Sox and Yankees dark blue.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I have definitive proof that the Indians wore these colors (style guide listings) in 1987:

CLEVELAND INDIANS BLUE

CLEVELAND INDIANS RED

...and I think this color set was used from 1978 through 1986. There is some discrepency over the logo colors vs. the uniform colors however.

I know someone who has all of the MLB Style Guides back to 1980; I'll ask him what was going on back then.

I never understood the problem with vests. From playing baseball, I was always much more comfortable wearing them. You're able to throw better and its much much cooler. Trust me if your catching a double header, you need to be as cool as possible. You have to wear an undershirt anyway, so take off the sleeves and bingo! Ok...I'm rambling. I like em.

Good, i'm not going crazy. I knew they had purple, I thought they still had it when they minimized the color scheme a few years ago. I didn't realize it was phased out entirely in favor of the blue.

This is why I always thought the Cleveland Indians had purple in their color scheme. Back in 1982 or 83, when Topps baseball cards were designed with hockey stick-like stripes down the left side, the Indians striped were purple and red. There was a definite difference between the Indians "navy blue" (purple) and the navy worn by the Red Sox and Yankees. It was much more towards the blue end of the spectrum, darker than what the Rockies and D-Backs wear now, but discernable from the Red Sox and Yankees dark blue.

It's '82. 1983 had the player head shot in a circle on the lower right-hand corner of the card.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived