Georgia Tech Football Uniform History

paynomind

As many of you know, I'm a Georgia Tech alumn, and love my Yellow Jackets. I often search for photos of the campus and football games in the distant and not-too-distant past, and have been frequently frustrated by how little I find.

Is there a uniform history site out there for Tech that I am missing?

I havent found anything, so I've toyed with the idea of creating one myself. I've been collecting photos and descriptions I've found online, and hope to collect a picture of each different uniform the team has worn. I'd love to have all that information in one easy to find place.

I ask you, good people of the Creamery, do you know of any goo dplaces to look for game photos, particularly old ones? I am aware of Google Image Search (GIS), SportsIllustrated, ESPN, those type sof places. Just wondering if you know of anywhere particularly handy to search for pictures of one team. Any historical info, such as color changes, textile info, anything like that would be greatly appreciated as well.

I plan to go visit the museum at the school in the next couple weeks to get some photos of items they have, and visit the library to look at some archical documents.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Thanks, guys!

The AP site didnt seem to have much for college. The life images search was neat, but very heavy on one 1952 game!

Any other help would be much appreciated.

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Don't know if the Georgia Tech Sports Info/Media Relations office would help, but it might. That office is a great resource, but it depends on if you just want digital photos, or any photos possible. I'm sure they have thousands upon thousands of hard copy prints, thought they may charge a small fee for non-media, non-family members of athletes. Tell them what you want to do, ask if they can email photos, and I think they'd be willing to help you out.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Georgia Tech Research Center has all the yearbooks scanned and online. This is a major score. TONS of black and white pictures in the past, some good game action shots.

Tough to tell what color the unis were. They played in "dark" against "more dark" a lot. I wonder how far back the mustard yellow shirts go. This may be a mystery to be solved by visitng the museaum and seeing if they have some on display.

Interesting fact: It looks like 1945 was the first appearance of a "home" and "away" jersey. Neat stuff.

ΓΔΒ!

I plan to go visit the museum at the school in the next couple weeks to get some photos of items they have, and visit the library to look at some archical documents.

Does Georgia Tech's library have an internet searchable image archive? You might try digging around the library's website, if you haven't already. I know BYU's library has an online historical campus images archive that has some sports photos.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived