New Project

eddie010

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm Back! This time finishing off the remaining Original Six.

JamesCraven, what I first thought of doing for teams such as Phoenix and the NYs, is simply putting the player's number at the front, à la Barcelona and International jerseys.

However, one winters in buffalo came along with and outstanding idea. I adopted this idea, and here we are!

Primal, I took your criticism well, and tried to fix what you've pointed out as much as I could. Unfortunately, most of these jerseys were near or in full completion, but I did what I could. Look for more soccer look-alikes throughout the rest of this project.

Anyhoo, now for the jerseys:

Boston Bruins - Delaware North Companies is the shirt's sponsor; that was the highest-quality logo I could find. Bruins owner Jeremy M. Jacobs is also DNC's Chairman and CEO. Pretty much what one would expect on the jersey front.

Chicago Blackhawks - Captain Morgan is the shirt's main feature, as it also sponsors the Blackhawks' Ice Crew (hubba-hubba!). I went with the Adidas theme for these jerseys. A special thanks to Brent for helping me out with the logos.

Detroit Red Wings - As JC stated, Little Caesar's is owned by the Ilitches, of Red Wing fame. The home jersey's vertical striping resembles such teams as FC Barcelona and Argentina. I tried the same thing with the road jersey, but the idea was scrapped because it looked so damn bad!

New York Rangers - Cablevision, as JC informed us, is the property of the Rangers' owners, therefore earns a place on these jerseys. Primal, sorry, but this was the first jersey I made, and I know it looks hockey-ish, perhaps the most out of all of 'em, but we gotta make due.

So there we have it, all Canadian and Original Six teams are complete. Hopefully you can all look past the crappy template and send me some more feedback.

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Next up would be the "1967 Expansion Five" sans Oakland/California/Cleveland. Possible sponsors:

• Philadelphia Flyers - Comcast
  • Pittsburgh Penguins - Mellon or Mountaineer Gambling?
  • L. A. Kings - Staples
  • St. Louis - Budweiser
  • Dallas - American Airlines

Just a thought.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Primal, I took your criticism well, and tried to fix what you've pointed out as much as I could. Unfortunately, most of these jerseys were near or in full completion, but I did what I could. Look for more soccer look-alikes throughout the rest of this project.

Definitely looking better after that second set! Bravo! clap.gif

I really like the idea you've got going, and hope you will be able to do your next set on the new template! Well done!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Here's the list of the 1970's teams through expansion with possible sponsors:

• 1970: Buffalo (Pepsi, in tribute to their AHL predecessors, the Buffalo Bisons who wore a Pepsi cap with "BUFFALO" in Pepsi-styled lettering on the front of their sweaters/jersies).
  • 1972 - New York Islanders (Computer Associates, as I have already proposed).
  • 1974 - New Jersey (nee KC/Colorado Rockies, Continential Airlines); Washington (I'd count out MCI in light of their Enron accounting and go with one of the military branches recruiting - Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines).
  • 1979 WHA Merger - Colorado Avalanche (nee Quebec Nordiques, Coors Light); Phoenix Coyotes (nee Winnipeg Jets, Arizona Lottery as I have already proposed); Carolina Hurricanes (nee Hartford Whalers, maybe Compuware, RBC Bank or Glaxo SmithKline?)

Toss that around.

I'd go with Mellon as Pittsburgh's sponsor.

Well, Mellon sold all its' consumer banking to Citizens' Bank a few years ago, and there have been reports that Mountaineer Gaming would build a new arena if that slot machine referendum goes through the Pennsylvania State Lesligature, along with a new racetrack outside Pittsburgh, but at the speed they go in Pennsylvania's State Capital, Harrisburg, it would take forever at this point. Another possible sponsor for me that I didn't put in my earlier post would be PPG Industries.

They're not bad, but i just don't get why you went to the trouble of including the stupid sponsor logos. I don't know about everyone else here, but to me sponsorship in sports is evil and it seems to me that creating a concept is one of the few times you are able to create a uniform WITHOUT sponsorship. The manufacturer's logo is one thing, but I just hate seeing "Air Canada" as the dominant logo on the front of a jersey. If that means I don't like soccer jerseys, then so be it. <_<

Chaz, please do not criticize this concept. Since I don't know when, international club soccer teams (with the probable exception of FC Barcelona) have had sponsors to underwrite season sponsorships and uniform sponsorships. SyPhi, can you do us a favor and send Chaz to the time-out room?

When's the next batch due, through here?

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Are you using the same template, or did the one i sent you work out?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Are you using the same template, or did the one i sent you work out?

Your template is outstanding and is what I'll be using from now on. I'll PM you a sneek peek.

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Washington (I'd count out MCI in light of their Enron accounting and go with one of the military branches recruiting - Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines).

Well I'm working on WSH right now and I'm stumped. Which branch should I use?!

And BTW, JC, I never did receive that 'Arizona Lottery' logo previously mentioned.

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

I agree with Chazberg.

The primary reason I hate soccer, even more so than boredom, is the fact that every jersey has a big fat sponsor's logo right there on the front that, to me, makes it seem as if the team is a product of that company and not the city or league. While most teams in all sports are corporately sponsered, none of them have their logo dominating the teams presence, for the simple reason that they are not the team nor have any relevance on the team's physical success.

What would you do if your favorite soccer club became sponsored by a company you absolutely dispise?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Rog, I hate to say it, but neccessity is the mother of all evil. Sponsorships are neccessities, and you think money's the mother [and root] of all evil. Only FC Barcelona does not have uniform sponsorship from what I can glean.

Archived