Anaheim Ducks Third Jersey

ThePreacher

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Ducks fan, this does not make me happy:

Ducks3rdfront2010.png

I can't believe this hasn't been posted already btw (the image is from icethetics - 10/19/10) - Anyway, thoughts? Criticism?

As a Ducks fan, this makes me VERY happy. Much better than I thought it was going to be.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Has that officially be unveiled as the new 3rd?

or

Is it just one that has been floating around the interwebs?

It was leaked by FansEdge.com, and has since been confirmed by all sources that have actually seen the jersey.

The Ducks will officially unveil it on November 26 prior to their game against the Blackhawks.

This has all been covered in the NHL thread. Like on the last 2-3 pages of the thread.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

That's kind of what people were expecting when the webbed D logo first came out several years ago. I think it makes sense, if unspectacular.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So far, people have mixed opinions regarding this jersey. Lots of love and lots of disdain. I'm on the side who loves it. I still think that their current home and road jerseys are really good. However, if this alternate is indeed their next home jersey, I think it's a great successor. I, like many have stated, really like the increased amount of orange used. About the striping, at first I started to think that all of those lines (I lost count) were too much. It's a wild looking pattern, but it doesn't cross the borderline of being an ugly mess. It's okay and it's even likable once you let it sink in.

Count me among the "don't like it" camp. And the "big jersey reveals warrant their own thread" camp while we're at it.

This isn't great. The crest logo is worlds better then the wordmark on the home/away sweaters, and the increase in orange is welcome -- the positives end there. The outlined shoulder yoke stripe thingy is superfluous, not to mention incongruent with the wildly modern, almost psychedelic striping patterns. I guess I should reserve judgement somewhat until I see them on the ice (or more pics with different angles n such.) It'd be much better without the stupid vertical mess at the sides.

As a Duck fans, I think it looks great, much better than their current home jerseys. I especially hate how their wordmmark is used as the crest on the current home jerseys, it always made more sense to just stick with the D on its own.

I like it better than their primary. On all their unis, change black to dark green, and you've got a winner.

This. The overall look is blah, but this is about as good as you can do with it. Prefer the "D" to the wordmark and like the prevalence of orange.

(and a dark green in place of black would be awesome).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think they really missed out on this one. The hemline striping on the home and away curve to match that webbed-D. now that they have the D as the logo, they go with striping that doesn't match it. Minus the side-striping, I like it, but that lack of curved-stripe bothers me

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Too garish with all that orange side paneling. I kind of like the soulless minimalism of the Ducks' home and road. They wear black, white, and beige. There's something vaguely proprietary about the lettering and numbering, but certainly nothing specific to Anaheim or ducks. They say "Ducks" on the front because that is what the hockey organization does its business as, but it could say anything and the team could play anywhere; none of this is particularly important. That's pretty much all the Ducks are to me and presumably many others. They're a team that happens to exist. They don't really have a history worth honoring because they named themselves after a children's movie, nor a place worth embracing because there's no there there. Their uniforms do an exemplary job conveying this.

I feel the same way about the Marlins being appropriately devoid of character, by the way.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived