Anaheim Ducks Third Jersey

ThePreacher

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minnesota Ducks...hmm. Actually sounds nice and it fits the region considering it's the land of a thousand lakes.

I wish. That would be way better than the "Wild" and Minnesota's current 3rds would work just fine for a team called the Ducks. The Wild's primary logo is cool though...

As for this modified name idea, where to the Red Wings and North Stars fall into place?

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Here's what my friend, who is an editor says. It's her job to know this stuff, and god knows she spent enough time at school and at conferences learning it

Maple is an adjective if just referring to the leaf of a maple tree. It would only be a proper noun if Maple (or Maple Leaf) was a company, city, or person. So something related to the Toronto team would be Maple Leaf. Saying that Canada has a maple leaf on its flag, however, is just referring to the common noun. I hope that clarifies things.

http://www.chompchom.../propernoun.htm

So maple in the sentence "Ken Wregget was a Maple Leaf" is part of a proper noun because it relates to an entity named Maple Leafs, but the maple in the actual name Maple Leafs is an adjective.

At least that's what I think she means.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here's what my friend, who is an editor says. It's her job to know this stuff, and god knows she spent enough time at school and at conferences learning it

Maple is an adjective if just referring to the leaf of a maple tree. It would only be a proper noun if Maple (or Maple Leaf) was a company, city, or person. So something related to the Toronto team would be Maple Leaf. Saying that Canada has a maple leaf on its flag, however, is just referring to the common noun. I hope that clarifies things.

So maple in the sentence "Ken Wregget was a Maple Leaf" is part of a proper noun because it relates to an entity named Maple Leafs, but the maple in the actual name Maple Leafs is an adjective.

Makes perfect sense to me.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

Anyone have a clean vector version of the Ducks new alternate logo to be worn on as the shoulder patch on the new third jerseys?

Chances are someone will make it available once the sweater is official unveiled.

Cool. I still stand by your rule of adjectives sounding minor league as well as being ok with Maple Leafs :P

That's more like it :D

But yeah, one thing I was going to mention here was something interesting I noticed regarding the "Backwards" nature of the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim name. On a couple of pennants I own, it seems that because of the backwards-ness of the name there is more of an emphasis on the city name instead of the team name.

For any other team, the text on these pennants would look like:

DALLAS

STARS

TORONTO

MAPLE LEAFS

SAN JOSE

SHARKS

etc. But for the then-Mighty Ducks, it was usually shown as:

MIGHTY DUCKS OF

ANAHEIM

Here's a crappy photo I quickly took to show this:

pennants.jpg

I think, for pretty much anything else, including pucks, pennants and such, they generally only used the standard blocky Mighty Ducks wordmark.

mTBXgML.png

PotD:Β 24/08/2017

I personally think this thread should be locked as it's turned into name calling, and who can get the last word in, and not about the jersey itself.

This idea is about five days overdue. I cannot believe an entire PAGE of this topic was dedicated to adults arguing about nouns versus adjectives. Wow.

As previously stated, I cannot believe how ridiculously off-topic this thread has become. Time to bury it.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Personally, I like the original mighty ducks jerseys much better than their current & new third.

It would be nice if the new third brought back the original look & just maybe the new colors.like this...

ducksoriginalstyle3rd.jpg

That actually reminds me a bit of D3. Didn't they unveil an off-colour Mighty Ducks logo at the end when they beat that other team (the team that looked like the Blackhawks)?

That's more like it :D

But yeah, one thing I was going to mention here was something interesting I noticed regarding the "Backwards" nature of the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim name. On a couple of pennants I own, it seems that because of the backwards-ness of the name there is more of an emphasis on the city name instead of the team name.

For any other team, the text on these pennants would look like:

DALLAS

STARS

TORONTO

MAPLE LEAFS

SAN JOSE

SHARKS

etc. But for the then-Mighty Ducks, it was usually shown as:

MIGHTY DUCKS OF

ANAHEIM

Here's a crappy photo I quickly took to show this:

pennants.jpg

I think, for pretty much anything else, including pucks, pennants and such, they generally only used the standard blocky Mighty Ducks wordmark.

I remember playing one of the NHL games for the original PlayStation (NHL 99, maybe?), and they did the same thing on the load screens before the games started. Every other team would have the city name small and the team nickname big, but for Anaheim, it was the other way around.

Personally, I like the original mighty ducks jerseys much better than their current & new third.

It would be nice if the new third brought back the original look & just maybe the new colors.like this...

ducksoriginalstyle3rd.jpg

WANT.

Also, I can't believe there's still no leaks out of Columbus.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived