All 30 NBA Floor Designs for 2010-2011

LetsGoOakland9

the raptors, rockets, cavaliers, and suns have the exact same floor with minor color and center court changes. my god how plain. they all remind me of indiana's floor.

that would be university of, not pacers.

designs like that are good for college teams and high school gyms. but for professional teams to use these floors is kinda cheap looking. i blame the suns for starting the trend.

Yeah, it's a bad trend. I don't like zany conceptual courts from the '90s, but these teams that can't deign to paint The Paint are so lame. You're in the NBA. You can afford to slap some paint on your floor. I don't ask for much. Baselines, sidelines, key. Free throw circles optional. Convey what your team colors are.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

One curiosity I noticed was the different applications of the NBA logos at half-court. Some are shown with just the logo, some have the wordmark beside it, some have NBA TV... since I don't watch on a regular basis, does anyone know if that rotates or actually differs between arenas, or what?

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

the raptors, rockets, cavaliers, and suns have the exact same floor with minor color and center court changes. my god how plain. they all remind me of indiana's floor.

that would be university of, not pacers.

designs like that are good for college teams and high school gyms. but for professional teams to use these floors is kinda cheap looking. i blame the suns for starting the trend.

Yeah, it's a bad trend. I don't like zany conceptual courts from the '90s, but these teams that can't deign to paint The Paint are so lame. You're in the NBA. You can afford to slap some paint on your floor. I don't ask for much. Baselines, sidelines, key. Free throw circles optional. Convey what your team colors are.

Didn't Seattle start the trend though? For some reason I remember them doing the minimalist paint/two-tone wood thing before anyone else.

The Sonics had lighter wood inside the arcs, but the rest of the court was pretty colorful: green sidelines, yellow baselines, green and yellow keys, black lines. I really liked it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have a feeling that this two-tone thing is going to become less popular in use over the next five years. Thinking of some of the teams that had significant court changes this season (Cavs, Jazz, Clippers, Warriors), none of them switched to two-tone, and in fact the Cavs actually downgraded their two-tone (by coloring the paint). I don't think that any more teams are going to switch to two-tone.

I mean keep in mind that from like 1995 to 2005 things went from painting about a third of the court with color to practically having no color at all (think Raptors, Rockets). It doesn't take that long for the fad pendulum in this league to turn around.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Best- Magic

2- Wizards

3- T'Wolves

4- Hornets

5- Bucks

6- Clippers

7- Blazers

8- Grizzlies

9- Spurs

10- Mavericks

11- Kings

12- Hawks

13- Jazz

14- Nuggets

15- Heat

16- Lakers

17- Sixers

18- Bobcats

19- Raptors

20- Rockets

21- Suns

22- Bulls

23- Cavs

24- Pacers

25- Nets

26- Warriors

27- Celtics

28- Thunder

29- Pistons

Worst- Knicks

ujsignature.png

Looking @ the Knicks home opener, I notice they added (Chase) under the Madison Sq Garden logo on the floor. Whats up with the corperate sponsor.

Also, this is a new floor (same color) that the Knicks are playing on.... Why no NBA logo? I was surprise the Celtics put one on their floor

I have a feeling that this two-tone thing is going to become less popular in use over the next five years. Thinking of some of the teams that had significant court changes this season (Cavs, Jazz, Clippers, Warriors), none of them switched to two-tone, and in fact the Cavs actually downgraded their two-tone (by coloring the paint). I don't think that any more teams are going to switch to two-tone.

I mean keep in mind that from like 1995 to 2005 things went from painting about a third of the court with color to practically having no color at all (think Raptors, Rockets). It doesn't take that long for the fad pendulum in this league to turn around.

Of the teams you mentioned, only the Warriors didnt use two-tone in their new court design.

Of the teams you mentioned, only the Warriors didnt use two-tone in their new court design.

I should probably be more clear, by "two-tone" I mean multiple shades of "woody" colors, not just having (for example) a red-colored paint and a blue-painted sideline.

I was under the impression that was what people meant when they used that term.

I should probably be more clear, by "two-tone" I mean multiple shades of "woody" colors, not just having (for example) a red-colored paint and a blue-painted sideline.

That is what I meant, look at the Cavs, Jazz, and Clippers, all use two different finishes of wood.

That is what I meant, look at the Cavs, Jazz, and Clippers, all use two different finishes of wood.

Jazz didn't go two-tone.

ujsignature.png

I don't follow the NBA much, but looking at these I'm curious - what are the rules for placement of the arena name on the floor? According to these files, all of the teams use upper-left/lower-right except for Denver, Charlotte, and New Jersey who use upper-right/lower-left. Is there any reasoning to the different placements or is it just left to the discretion of the teams/arenas?

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

The Sonics had lighter wood inside the arcs, but the rest of the court was pretty colorful: green sidelines, yellow baselines, green and yellow keys, black lines. I really liked it.

Aw, ok. I knew they did the two-tone wood thing pretty early on. I guess I'm just conditioned to associate two-toned wood with nihilistic paint schemes.

Really, I agree with you. Paint your courts NBA teams. A little colour never hurt anyone. The Suns are the worst, conceptually. Their name and colour scheme is vibrant, yet they have a dull, drab floor. The Cavs are the worst practically. I saw it for the first time on SportsCentre. By G-d it looks bad.

according to uniwatch's post they did, that's what I was going off of. I haven't seen them play on their new floor yet

Oh ok. I saw the Jazz home opener and they definitely didn't use two-tone.

As for the Clippers, I saw their home opener as well and I could have sworn it's not two-tone, but maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention.

And what I meant by the Cavs is that they downgraded their two-tone, by painting the paint. So it's kind of a step back in "two-toned"-ness.

I don't follow the NBA much, but looking at these I'm curious - what are the rules for placement of the arena name on the floor? According to these files, all of the teams use upper-left/lower-right except for Denver, Charlotte, and New Jersey who use upper-right/lower-left. Is there any reasoning to the different placements or is it just left to the discretion of the teams/arenas?

I know there's a requirement that the arena name can't be on the near side of the main camera view on both sides of the court for national TV games. The Cavs have had this weird thing going on where the Quicken Loans Arena logo on the left side of the floor is near the camera for local TV games and away from the camera for national TV the past few years.

Theres too many Bulls on the Bulls court, but i LOOOOOOVE the center court logo, with the Bull in front of a basketball. Theyre the only team that does that I think. Also, I always thought the bulls court would look great with the side parts of the lane (dont know the official name) in black.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I love the Cavaliers new court. I think it's so sleek and just looks great on TV. Also there's an error. The Quicken Loans text is both on the same side to where the television camera reads it right-side up.

Not an error. It was like that last year with there old flor, they had the Quicken Loans name on opposite ends only during nationally televised game, but when the games werent, the Quicken Loans name was on the same (camera) side

Archived