UIFL

Studio Simon

I don't recall seeing anything on this board about this league and its logos:

http://theuifl.com/

Perhaps it was on the board, and I missed it, but I don't think so. So c'mon you guys -- I depend on you to keep me up-to-date with regard to what's going on in the world of sports branding. In fact, I have learned about unveilings of Studio Simon identities on this board before I even knew about them!

(Note: Studio Simon did not do this league's team identities.)

• 4 weeks later...

This is great:

helmets-300x199.png

star_full.gif Best identity I have ever seen for a pro sports team in terms of the complete set of logos + helmet + uniforms....and that's saying a lot! These guys get my ultimate bookmark of sweetness. star_full.gifbow.gifcool.gif

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

• 4 months later...

This is great:

helmets-300x199.png

star_full.gif Best identity I have ever seen for a pro sports team in terms of the complete set of logos + helmet + uniforms....and that's saying a lot! These guys get my ultimate bookmark of sweetness. star_full.gifbow.gifcool.gif

Too bad they never used these. It took 5 weeks to get these ones in

Scarborough_Turnbow.jpg

vegasbowl.png

This is great:

helmets-300x199.png

Too bad they never used these. It took 5 weeks to get these ones in

Scarborough_Turnbow.jpg

Wow. On a black helmet, the eye just doesn't work, does it? They also left off the teeth, but since they failed on the eye it probably wouldn't matter.

I clicked on the 2012 Expansion Teams and got this message...

Thanks for your interest in owning an Ultimate Indoor Football League team. To be considered for ownership, please complete the following information.

Not something one expects when surfing a league website... :lol:

tigercatssignature-1.png

Watching a video on the Canton Cougars site from one of their games. Two things to note:

- They must have bought turf off of The New Orleans VooDoo. Their logo & name are clearly visible at midfield & the endzones.

- They didn't bother to cover up the set of whatever play is going on at the Canton Civic Center. As they're near the endzone, you just see a bunch of people sitting on the stage with a fake set of buildings behind them

I wonder if the Canton Cougars are aware that the only bit of white in their entire logo is on the chin of the cougar... I found that pretty odd. Seems like an oversight. It probably should be beige. It even shows up white on their helmets.

Overall, the league has a decent set of identities. Some are very solid like the River Monsters and the Sting but I feel some fall short like the Generals and the Hammer. The Hammer logo seems like it has good potential but it just gets smushed together. I understand that his face is behind his shoulder but there had to be a better way to do it.

I clicked on the 2012 Expansion Teams and got this message...

Thanks for your interest in owning an Ultimate Indoor Football League team. To be considered for ownership, please complete the following information.

Not something one expects when surfing a league website... :lol:

Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?

*narf* - I think so Brain, but where would we ever find that much pumpkin jelly?

No you fool, we should pool our money together and buy a CCSLC indoor football team!

spacer.png

Archived