Nationals to unveil "major changes" to their uniforms on Nov. 10.

AnythingChicago

here they are:

WRYRYOtz.jpg

Great improvement!

Is it just my eyes, or does the blue alt jersey have a huge "W," at least compared to the other two?

Overall, though, I actually really like these. I think they're solid and consistent.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful simply awful. The Home and Red Alts look like bastard childs of the Cincinnati Reds and the Patriotic Alt looks even worse. I only like the roads because of the script and the new caps which by the way I will be buying as soon as they are available.

Does anyone have a high-quality pic of the new cap I keep hearing about?

Ws, Ws everywhere, except in the standings, of course.

To be fair, though, at least they've been making some honest efforts to improve, unlike some other teams that come to mind. Give them a few more years, and I think they can be quite good.

I'm sorry, but I am just so sick of braiding on uniforms. Washington = fail.

What do you mean by "braiding"?

I think he's referring to the vertical line of color that runs where the shirt gets buttoned up? The new Indians uniforms have it too, I think.

To be fair, though, at least they've been making some honest efforts to improve, unlike some other teams that come to mind. Give them a few more years, and I think they can be quite good.

This?

I like the new hat alot. Overall I'd say the uniforms are an improvement, mostly because I hated the old home script. However the Nationals missed the opportunity to have really great uniforms. That prototype jersey that was posted has a really nice script. That would have looked great. Instead they have a slightly less bad home jerseys. I don't mind the logo jerseys as alts, but it looks really bad has a full time home or road.

The homes are so weird, I wonder what our fan player shirts will look like, probably pretty lame with no script.

Probably no different from the Yankees shirts that I see a ton of people wearing all the time.

pMLB2-6288720dt.jpg

Here's the "Wordmark Tee" available online. Slap a player name on the back and there ya go:

pMLB2-9030042dt.jpg

BTW, I kinda wish they went with this hat on the road, would have been much more unique:

pMLB2-7382487dt.jpg

Anubis.png

This?

Yeah, that's it. Looks a lot like Atlanta's cap, though.

I do think that, overall, the Nats made a good change. They have a consistent identity for once. Is it good? Bad? That's a matter of debate. But at least it's consistent.

(To be perfectly honest, they now look like the Texas Rangers of the NL, right down to the new circular primary logo.)

Archived