Nationals to unveil "major changes" to their uniforms on Nov. 10.

AnythingChicago

What a pile of crap. So everything from the 2005-2010 identity has been purged except the one part that got added in at the last minute. Terrific. I really don't like this organization.

Is that Gotham on the tired-ass ring primary?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the piping pattern, but 3 'W' uniforms? Not at least ONE 'Nationals' uniform? Aaaaa no, try again.

It's like they're the Rangers, but instead of having the location on every uniform, they have it on one uniforms & just W on 3 others.

I mean, this set isn't bad...it's just boring. Not really feeling this set, although the home uniform is a minor upgrade over Bevelmania.

No. They are bad. I like the White W. I really like the White W. Its a nice throwback. But making a W for white, red, AND blue... guess again.

I think the Red would have been a perfect color to put Nationals on.

I'm even OK with the Stars and Stripes W on blue... but I hate that they got rid of the DC logo. I absolutely loved the DC. It was a nice deviation from the norm. They could of had 4 unique uniforms, with 4 unique styles and colors.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I can't wait till next years fashion show where the Nats unveil new uniforms - again. :upside:

It is a miracle that this team ison the verge of an identity aesthetic-wise! It took a few seasons, but I want to believe that the Nats have tweaked their jerseys and will not improve upon them for awhile.

"Hey, look! We just put two-color (ugh!) placket piping on every jersey...except the road!" WTF?

They take the time to fix the 'h', but don't make the piping consistent with the rest of the set???

And I firmly agree that two-color braid sucks. Give me one color or three color as well.

(To be perfectly honest, they now look like the Texas Rangers of the NL, right down to the new circular primary logo.)

Yep, exactly what I was thinking. Just like the Rangers, they are consistant, but not in a positive way.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I just don't understand why teams re-brand just for the sake of re-branding. If you're not going to improve upon what you have, leave it alone. The piping looks ridiculous on all three jerseys and the over-sized patriotic W on the dark jersey makes it look like a corny fashion jersey, not something that will actually be worn on the field. I wasn't a fan of their identity to begin with, but this is probably the worst thing to hit MLB since the Rays original gradient logo.

This is more of a case of the current ownership wanting to change its look to its own image. The original set was commissioned by MLB itself, with a throwback hat logo demanded on by the DC City Council. So, it had to go through a few years of mismatch and awkwardness before finally settling on something. Now, I happen to like the change. It's very classic, which they were shooting for with the team all along, and really, only the White Sox, Tigers, and Yankees using the cap logo (or variation thereof) on the home jersey, so they'd be the only NL team with this arrangement.

VmWIn6B.png

I just don't understand why teams re-brand just for the sake of re-branding. If you're not going to improve upon what you have, leave it alone. The piping looks ridiculous on all three jerseys and the over-sized patriotic W on the dark jersey makes it look like a corny fashion jersey, not something that will actually be worn on the field. I wasn't a fan of their identity to begin with, but this is probably the worst thing to hit MLB since the Rays original gradient logo.

This is more of a case of the current ownership wanting to change its look to its own image. The original set was commissioned by MLB itself, with a throwback hat logo demanded on by the DC City Council. So, it had to go through a few years of mismatch and awkwardness before finally settling on something. Now, I happen to like the change. It's very classic, which they were shooting for with the team all along, and really, only the White Sox, Tigers, and Yankees using the cap logo (or variation thereof) on the home jersey, so they'd be the only NL team with this arrangement.

And while I, too, do not support rebranding for the sake of rebranding, the Nats certainly benefited from one. Their old identity was terrible. Nothing matched at all, the whole "Natinals" episode, etc.

And hey, sometimes a total revamp of your identity does wonders. See: Tampa Bay, 2008.

Spending years amassing and nurturing incredible talent did more for the Rays than their cheap-ass uniforms did. You can't put that forth and mean it. Come on, that's Saintsfan stuff.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

(To be perfectly honest, they now look like the Texas Rangers of the NL, right down to the new circular primary logo.)

Yep, exactly what I was thinking. Just like the Rangers, they are consistant, but not in a positive way.

I'm surprised no one hasn't compared the white ones to the Reds' white jerseys yet... That being said I like them all besides the Blue one.

75858_10150101981888313_627133312_6863973_498534_n.jpg

phillips.jpg

90758391980.gif

Really dislike the blue one. Get what they were trying to do, but...I've never really been a fan of the curly "W" anyway, so the fact that it's now more prominent annoys me. But as others have already said, at least it's standardized and that's helpful I suppose. But I guess if you have a history, might as well reach back into it and use it.

And now that I think about it more, I do prefer to "W" to "Nationals" on the jersey, mostly because I hate the nickname.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I'm pretty sure the Twins specifically designed their jerseys to not look anything like the Senators, Braves, and other teams with a similar color set...and the Nationals took one year to say "Mine" with that Away hat.

The All Blue worked nicely for them. At least the lettering is Red on the Jerseys.

But yes, Twins + Reds does indeed = Nationals

I don't get why the front number on the home jerseys is so low. I think the Rangers or some other team did something similar recently. I hate it - it should be in line with the logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived