Nationals to unveil "major changes" to their uniforms on Nov. 10.

AnythingChicago

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I think that gold can be properly used well for the Nats scheme. I thought that if the Nats chose to use a script similar to what they use on the road unis on their home set, that a small gold dropshadow on a red and navy script (similar to what the Giants use) would look great.

Dude. I think everyone (except for the UniWatch faithful) is over that one. Look, they fooked up. Let that sleeping dog die already. By the way, this proto. is not what they will be unveiling.

ESPN980 isn't. That is what Steve Zaban(afternoon) show calls them.

Steve Czaban is a straight up hater of anything thats not golf or Redskins. I stopped listening to him a long time ago.

Steve Czaban ranks just a notch below Bill Simmons on my list of "How the hell does HE have a following?" sports media personalities... and I'm think I'm being generous by saying "personalities."

I'm going to take a stab.

Home - Cream jersey, red "Nationals" script outlined in navy, trim removed from sleeves, collar, and pants. Red Socks and undershirt, Old "Pitching Senator" patch on right or left sleeve, red cap with white curly "W" outlined in navy, no number on front, red numbers and NOB outlined in navy.

Road - Same, but on grey with "Washington" script instead of "Nationals".

Home alt - Red jersey, same cap, same sleeve patch, same socks and undershirt, but with white "Nationals" script, numbers and NOB outlined in navy.

Road alt - Same, but with "Washington" script instead of "Nationals".

Basically, red becomes primary color, and they try to channel the old Frank Howard Senators look.

Am I at least close?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

You'd think in a city that's Redskins-crazy, this would do tremendously well. Not only that, it would be wholly different than anything we have currently in the majors...

rays.jpg

That's a Tampa Bay Rays throwback.

HELLO ICE CAP AND SOD BOY:

Yes, I know it's a Tampa throwback. I'm saying the color scheme of said Pelicans jersey would be IDEAL in a city that bleeds maroon and yellow, no?

I'm not getting the instinct by some of you guys to either put down a poster or to be confrontational or (in this case) holier-than-thou. Don't get it. Never will. I'm not an idiot. Please stop inferring otherwise.

You'd think in a city that's Redskins-crazy, this would do tremendously well. Not only that, it would be wholly different than anything we have currently in the majors...

rays.jpg

Yes, I know it's a Tampa throwback. I'm saying the color scheme of said Pelicans jersey would be IDEAL in a city that bleeds maroon and yellow, no?

I'm not getting the instinct by some of you guys to either put down a poster or to be confrontational or (in this case) holier-than-thou. Don't get it. Never will. I'm not an idiot. Please stop inferring otherwise.

Then specify that you're saying "these colors" rather than just "this will work" and put a picture of a completely different team.

Home - Cream jersey, red "Nationals" script outlined in navy, trim removed from sleeves, collar, and pants. Red Socks and undershirt, Old "Pitching Senator" patch on right or left sleeve, red cap with white curly "W" outlined in navy, no number on front, red numbers and NOB outlined in navy.

Road - Same, but on grey.

Home alt - Red jersey, same cap, same sleeve patch, same socks and undershirt, but with white "Nationals" script, numbers and NOB outlined in navy.

Basically, red becomes primary color, and they try to channel the old Frank Howard Senators look.

Am I at least close?

Wait, so are you saying that the gray roads are going to say "Nationals" opposed to "Washington"? Otherwise, I think your pretty spot on, except I think the red alt will still have a curly W on it, not the new script.

25yzwqg.png

Here's a quick mock-up of how they could've used the gold on the scripts. I sent the "Washington" script through a quick auto trace in Illustrator on my lunch break, so it's not perfect looking, but it gives you an idea of what they could've done with it. One has it as a drop shadow, the other as an inner trim.

WAStrim.gif

WASshadow.gif

rays.jpg

Then specify that you're saying "these colors" rather than just "this will work" and put a picture of a completely different team.

Lesson learned, my lord.

Am I at least close?

Wait, so are you saying that the gray roads are going to say "Nationals" opposed to "Washington"? Otherwise, I think your pretty spot on, except I think the red alt will still have a curly W on it, not the new script.

Oh whoops! My bad, I meant to have it say with "Washington" script on the roads, I totally spaced it. Thanks for catching that!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Am I at least close?

Oh whoops! My bad, I meant to have it say with "Washington" script on the roads, I totally spaced it. Thanks for catching that!

Neh. Totally 'off base' if you will. :D

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

From what I've heard, they're mainly going to be changing the font on their home uniform so that it matches their loopy 'W' cap.

They want to go with the 'loopy' type font on the jersey,as the current fonts on the jersey are totally out of whack with the cap ...

fogdog_washington-nationals-home-fitted-cap.jpgWashington%20Nationals%20%2037%20STRASBURG%20%20White%20Jersey.jpg

Am I at least close?

Neh. Totally 'off base' if you will. :D

Ah darn, worth a shot I guess :P my logic was that as soon as the "Washington" script came out a while back, and with the recent increased use of red (especially in the roads with the red socks and undershirt) that it was the beginning of a gradual transfer to a look like that. Kinda glad though, as I don't think it would have looked as good. :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Once again, I love this game.

Home - New Nationals script, red/navy/red sleeve piping, new numbers. New patch w/ new logo. Same red W cap.

Road - Same as current, except for the new numbers and sleeve patch. Most likely red W cap on the road as well.

Alt 1 - Red, W logo, new numbers and shoulder patch. Same red W cap.

Alt 2 - Keeping the current navy alt with the flag-crazy DC logo. Keep the cap as well.

How's that!?

Home - New Nationals script, red/navy/red sleeve piping, new numbers. New patch w/ new logo. Same red W cap.

Road - Same as current, except for the new numbers and sleeve patch. Most likely red W cap on the road as well.

Alt 2 - Keeping the current navy alt with the flag-crazy DC logo. Keep the cap as well.

How's that!?

Good. I think they should utilize the navy alt a lot more, and add a navy helmet to go with it so it doesn't look ridiculous with the red helmet with the navy jersey.

I'll post my predictions:

Home - Same as Bmac and others said.

Road - Same as current; will use the DC navy cap on the road to match the DC patch on the sleeve (upset pick).

Alt 1 - Same as Bmac's

Alt 2 - Navy jersey with Washington script the same as the road script; navy DC cap and navy DC patch on sleeve. Will be used on road.

25yzwqg.png

How's that!?

Good. I think they should utilize the navy alt a lot more, and add a navy helmet to go with it so it doesn't look ridiculous with the red helmet with the navy jersey.

I'll post my predictions:

Home - Same as Bmac and others said.

Road - Same as current; will use the DC navy cap on the road to match the DC patch on the sleeve (upset pick).

Alt 1 - Same as Bmac's

Alt 2 - Navy jersey with Washington script the same as the road script; navy DC cap and navy DC patch on sleeve. Will be used on road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtBirwSpLJY

One of you guessed one of the uniforms right. I'm not going to deny anything else. You'll have to wait it out from here.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

rays.jpg

Yes, I know it's a Tampa throwback. I'm saying the color scheme of said Pelicans jersey would be IDEAL in a city that bleeds maroon burgundy and yellow, no?

Get it right son. :P Washingtonians get mad about that sort of thing

sig.png

Archived