Nationals to unveil "major changes" to their uniforms on Nov. 10.

AnythingChicago

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh. A "military uni."

Just what we need - more teams playing dress-up dolls.

The nats have had a military uni the last two years. Whether you like that style or not, let's be honest, Washington DC is the nation's capital ..... so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

The Stars and Stripes uniform is supposed to be a "military" uniform? That's news to me. It's patriotic, but it has nothing to do with the military. The Padres have a "military" uniform, the Nationals have an "Uncle Same the Clown" uniform. Both are unnecessary. Like what many others have said, if you want to honor the military, give them free tickets or donate (meaningful) portions of souvenir jersey proceeds to them. Don't trivialize what they do by saying "Hey look, we're like you guys! You're fighting, we're fighting, we're all fighting!"

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Ugh. A "military uni."

Just what we need - more teams playing dress-up dolls.

The nats have had a military uni the last two years. Whether you like that style or not, let's be honest, Washington DC is the nation's capital ..... so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

The Stars and Stripes uniform is supposed to be a "military" uniform? That's news to me. It's patriotic, but it has nothing to do with the military. The Padres have a "military" uniform, the Nationals have an "Uncle Same the Clown" uniform. Both are unnecessary. Like what many others have said, if you want to honor the military, give them free tickets or donate (meaningful) portions of souvenir jersey proceeds to them. Don't trivialize what they do by saying "Hey look, we're like you guys! You're fighting, we're fighting, we're all fighting!"

Patriotic/military/whatever you want to call it.

San Diego and DC are populated areas with service men and women, so I don't think it's all that bad to give them a tribute. They may not be the sharpest uniforms (my least favorite of the Nats current set of uni's), but in my opinion, it's a nice gesture.

marylandmini.png

PS -- let the record show that my first and only intention on this thread was to say : Nationals -- choose maroon and yellow. It'll be a great look for you. It should also sell well...It has continuity with the Redskins...

I agree 100%

Everyone loves a roundel.

BTW you guys know the redskins colors are "burgundy and gold" ... or am I missing an inside joke here? Sorry I'm a noob to the forum.

for the sake of avoiding another pointless argument, i say the Nats should go with whatever you wanna call the colors that the Redskins wear. It could be modeled after the St. Pete jersey I showed earlier and would look amazing. Why does every team in baseball have to wear navy blue and/or red. Very dull. Only a paucity of teams wear anything even remotely different...

BTW you guys know the redskins colors are "burgundy and gold" ... or am I missing an inside joke here? Sorry I'm a noob to the forum.

for the sake of avoiding another pointless argument, i say the Nats should go with whatever you wanna call the colors that the Redskins wear. It could be modeled after the St. Pete jersey I showed earlier and would look amazing. Why does every team in baseball have to wear navy blue and/or red. Very dull. Only a paucity of teams wear anything even remotely different...

True, but why would a team called the "Nationals" based in the nations capital NOT wear navy and red? If any team in the league is justified wearing this color combination, it's the Nats. The touch of gold help differentiate them a little, too, so I'm sad see that go if it is in fact gone.

True, but why would a team called the "Nationals" based in the nations capital NOT wear navy and red? If any team in the league is justified wearing this color combination, it's the Nats. The touch of gold help differentiate them a little, too, so I'm sad see that go if it is in fact gone.

Well, if your argument is that the team should represent America because of its location, then there really is no justification for the yellow. I personally like the yellow, too, and don't think it should go. In fact, just pair it with a maroon-ish red (whatever the color is) and outline everything in a touch of navy, and you could have a winner.

I think it gets very overdone when teams force the red/white/blue to fit. That stars and stripes stuff they tried just wasn't working. It wasn't...Nationals.

I'd tend to agree, although the emphasis on red over navy (if kept in the new design) makes them a little more unique. Only the Cardinals and Angels use that combination, while the other navy-and-red teams (Twins, Indians, Red Sox, Braves) wear navy caps.

I'd eliminate the navy road cap, which would give the Nationals a more unique look. Then again, I'd keep the gold as well.

Archived