Nationals to unveil "major changes" to their uniforms on Nov. 10.

AnythingChicago

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this was posted already, but the 2011 Nats new road cap is Navy w/ a Red bill to better match the Jerseys.

DC cap is gone as well.

natse.jpg

where did you find that? Curious to see if any of the other teams changes will appear

So, the Nats made the same mindless mistake the Twins did, making the same hat as an iconic one which is worn by a division rival already? That is a big fail.

I wouldn't like the hat in this set even if the Braves didn't wear their home cap. If the home hat was red with a navy brim, it would make this road hat more excusable. If you have to switch up from a solid red hat, it should either be solid navy or red with a navy brim (which no team wears right now). So far it seems like all the changes this offseason have been bad ones.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

So, the Nats made the same mindless mistake the Twins did, making the same hat as an iconic one which is worn by a division rival already? That is a big fail.

Furthermore, if the home hat was red with a navy brim, it would make the hat a little better. But if you have to switch up from a solid red hat, it should either be solid navy or red with a navy brim (which no team wears right now). So far it seems like all the changes this offseason have been bad ones.

No, this isn't replacing the red cap. It's the new road cap, replacing the solid navy.

Which makes them less like the Cardinals, and therefore makes this an upgrade. Especially since the Braves don't wear their red-billed cap on the road anymore.

Furthermore, if the home hat was red with a navy brim, it would make the hat a little better. But if you have to switch up from a solid red hat, it should either be solid navy or red with a navy brim (which no team wears right now). So far it seems like all the changes this offseason have been bad ones.

No, this isn't replacing the red cap. It's the new road cap, replacing the solid navy.

Which makes them less like the Cardinals, and therefore makes this an upgrade. Especially since the Braves don't wear their red-billed cap on the road anymore.

I was refering to pairing it with a solid red cap at home, not replacing it. I don't think these two caps work together in set (even though they wouldn't be worn together).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

No but when they're playing in Atlanta 10 games a season, with this hat being their road it'll look just like the Braves wearing their home cap. I for one would rather see the Nats go all navy. Navy script outlined in red on home/away with the all navy cap/ white W. Until the Twins changed up their roads this season the Nats had been the only team with navy lettering trimmed in red (prior to 2009) since the Angels swithed to Anaheim and the Disney set in '97. All other navy red teams that use more navy have lettering/numerals in red trimmed in navy. That and the gold bevels looked better on the navy letters than the red. Now they're gonna look like the bastard child of 2 division opponents (Phillies and Braves).

I dont like the new road cap. I'd rather them just go to the red cap full time and get rid of the blue, not half ass it like they did.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I'd tend to agree, although the emphasis on red over navy (if kept in the new design) makes them a little more unique. Only the Cardinals and Angels use that combination, while the other navy-and-red teams (Twins, Indians, Red Sox, Braves) wear navy caps.

I'd eliminate the navy road cap, which would give the Nationals a more unique look. Then again, I'd keep the gold as well.

They should use a navy W with white outline on a red cap (if they must be red.) That would separate them from the other red-capped teams.

For the road, if they must use a navy cap, they should have a red W outlined in white.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, it was just a quick photoshop.

Also, I'm not sure the Nationals script jersey is going to make it. What I've seen is a large chest script W on the home jersey.

The only other significant change I know about is the Indians

They are adding an Alt Home Cap (Solid Red w/ block C logo) and deleting the Script I cap.

I believe the script Cleveland on the road uni is being replaced with a Block Cleveland wordmark.

WOW! Someone actually had the balls to argue with Pantone and call him wrong? As a graphic designer, I'm going to agree with Pantone and say that, what matters are the numbers (aka the PMS 202, CMYK, RGB) because when you have two people, the same color will be two different colors. Heck when you have 10 people, the same color will be 10 different colors. And really, to use color is such a vague term when you should be talking about Hue/Saturation, or Tint (addition of black to a color)/Shade(addition of white to a color)of colors. I'll also point out that if maroon is adding brown actually is false, you're adding black to the color as you are tinting it.

But, not everyone is familiar with Pantone® specs or even the Pantone® system in general, which is why there needs to be a sort of Lehman's system of color names that distinguish things like maroon and burgundy. If my mom is looking at a dark red shirt and an even darker purple-red shirt and she says, "Do you like the maroon one or the burgundy one?" I'm not going to tell her off about how she can call the colors whatever she wants, but this one is PMS whatever and this one is PMS whatever. There needs to be a general standard of names for colors as well. Not everyone is a designer.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Also, I'm not sure the Nationals script jersey is going to make it. What I've seen is a large chest script W on the home jersey.

They are adding an Alt Home Cap (Solid Red w/ block C logo) and deleting the Script I cap.

I believe the script Cleveland on the road uni is being replaced with a Block Cleveland wordmark.

Wait, what?

So if I understand you, they'll have a red hat with a navy block C (the inverse of the current home alternate)? They've worn the script I as a road alternate the past two years, so unless something else is getting shuffled, they'll have three hats at home and one on the road now.

If your information is correct...what a disappointment on both fronts. I don't like the sound of either the Cleveland road or Washington home jerseys.

Wait, what?

So if I understand you, they'll have a red hat with a navy block C (the inverse of the current home alternate)? They've worn the script I as a road alternate the past two years, so unless something else is getting shuffled, they'll have three hats at home and one on the road now.

They're not wearing the script I period anymore... but yeah I'm not sure exactly what to make of this.

FWIW, the pocket schedule I picked up a couple of weeks ago at the Team Shop when I was back in Ohio had the block C on it, not Wahoo or the script I.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived