Nationals to unveil "major changes" to their uniforms on Nov. 10.

AnythingChicago

Alternte 2. MLB's offseason of uniform fail continues.

To be honest, I'm kind of impressed with how well the MLB has kept the lid on things. The Indians uniforms weren't leaked. They were released when the official release was made. The Nationals haven't really had any official leak besides the hat. Comparing it to the NBA and how nearly every logo, wordmark, color change, and uniform was leaked well before the season, I would say the MLB has done a more than decent job.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Nats have a headline about the uniform on their homepage. It's been photoshopped mostly but also shows that they've retained the sleeve and collar striping. The curious thing is that where they erased the Nationals block script, it appears (at least to my eyes) to have the shape of a Twins script. Anyone else see what I'm talking about? I think I can very clearly see what looks like their T in "Twins". Anyone see it, or is just me?

BpvWpA4Z.jpg

The Nats have a headline about the uniform on their homepage. It's been photoshopped mostly but also shows that they've retained the sleeve and collar striping. The curious thing is that where they erased the Nationals block script, it appears (at least to my eyes) to have the shape of a Twins script. Anyone else see what I'm talking about? I think I can very clearly see what looks like their T in "Twins". Anyone see it, or is just me?

BpvWpA4Z.jpg

Interesting that the arm and neck stripes match those up on the jersey that was downplayed as the official new jersey. Let's hope for the best (and by best I mean non-beveled numbers)

NationalsPrototypeFront.jpg

see what i mean?

Are those the old beveled numbers?

Kinda counters what they did last year with the away jersey going away from the gold beveling. Unless they just had some intern throw together a teaser image and told him "Keep the trim and throw the number on the lower left chest" and left it at that. Up til now, all indications have pointed to losing the gold, especially with the away last year, so I think I'm still inclined to believe that until they show me otherwise.

Interesting that the arm and neck stripes match those up on the jersey that was downplayed as the official new jersey. Let's hope for the best (and by best I mean non-beveled numbers)

see what i mean?

Hmm, though I suppose the photo could simply be photoshopped from last years unis. They appear to have the same trim. Unless I'm wrong...

mlb-washington-nationals-jersey-02.jpg

Trim looks the same as last year's to me.

Ws, Ws everywhere, except in the standings, of course.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Red with a white Curly W on the left breast, white and navy piping on the cuffs and placket. Left sleeve patch is a navy Curly W in a white circle with a navy ring that says "Washington Nationals" like every other ring logo you've ever seen.

Looks a lot like their old 2006 alt.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Solid red jersey, with the curly W in white, outlined in navy on the breast. White/blue trim on the sleeves, as well as around the neckline down the chest. There's a patch on the sleeves- circular with the curly W with "WASHINGTON NATIONALS" surrounding the W logo.

Thanks, everybody. I don't like that they are using the W again on the sleeves in a circle logo (although it is better than the Giants putting their wordmark in front of a ball and calling it a sleeve patch). I guess this means there will be no stylized DC logo in the same font as the W.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Drum roll for the alt.......

bi5r7m.png

I don't really care for all this 2 color piping. Seems too much like some cheap generic jersey you'd find at Walmart. And when you have piping on the front and the sleeves, it's usually off of the sleeve cuff. I know the white one techincally is, but still having the navy right on the edge just weakens it even more. At least when the Rangers use double piping, it's off the sleeve. My personal preferences for piping are it should be either 1 or 3. 2 looks cheap. And why do you need the 'W' on the sleeve when it's the only thing on the front of the jersey? And the cap.

This is apparently the "new" Road uniform

only difference is the arm piping moved all the way to the end of the sleeve

natsroad.jpgpMLB2-8114567_alternate1_dt.jpg

And the H in Washington is now centered on the placket, so no more ridiculous split letter. 2010 model below.

They kept the beveled numbers? :puke:

This is apparently the "new" Road uniform

only difference is the arm piping moved all the way to the end of the sleeve

natsroad.jpgpMLB2-8114567_alternate1_dt.jpg

And the H in Washington is now centered on the placket, so no more ridiculous split letter. 2010 model below.

They kept the beveled numbers? :puke:

no the one with the beveled numbers is last years not the "new" one. no confirmation of the numbers yet. here's hoping they're the same numbers sans the beveling

Archived