Hornets and Wolves Alternates Leaked

Punch

Bumping this because the Hornets have officially unveiled their Mardi Gras uniforms. They'll debut them in a home game Dec. 10 against the OKC Thunder.

The big contrast in thickness between NOLA and the number doesn't look good to me, have to see them in action..

That's because of the flash from the camera; they look much better in "real life".

Also, they will only be worn on Saturdays, every one of them; that's how an alternate should be used.

Interesting, I wonder whether the Thunder (and subsequent road teams) will wear their white uniforms or their colored uniforms.

Just to be clear though, are these really Mardi Gras uniforms? I thought they were just yellow alternate jerseys.

Aren't these their Mardi Gras uniforms?

nola_swingman-257x360.jpg

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the Purple/Green uniforms have been called the "Mardi Gras" uniforms last year, I look at those as a special date uniform; then I look at the Yellow ones as proper alternates (even though the marketing name they chose is Mardi Gras Yellow Uniforms), they will be worn on Saturdays regardless the Mardi Gras dates.

The jersey and shots pinstripes not lining up is bugging the hell out of me.

That's the first thing I thought when I posted the picture.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you on the NOLA, PHX, and ATL crap. Why not have the Clippers have a blue LAX jersey? Though I would love to see the Hornest wear the "NOLA" jerseys against the Lakers and have the chant of "NO L.A." go througout the arena. That would be cooler and more original than the "Beat L.A." chants.

Iverson%20Phila.jpg

6674242_0b95d8b1c0_m.jpg

FF_255073_xl.jpg

21dh5qp.png

Seeing those Minnesota alternates makes me want them to return to their original identity even more. A return to their original logo, colors, uniforms, and court would be so much better than what they use now. IMO.

Do you also happen to like Surge and Legends of the Hidden Temple? Those originals are nice, but they reek of the 90s.

mav23.gif

Any update on the 2k11 video game jersey code? I heard Jan 17th or something. I thought this is weird as both teams have worn them. Maybe the art file has some throwbacks that haven't been unveiled and worn yet?

KISSwall09.jpg

Seeing those Minnesota alternates makes me want them to return to their original identity even more. A return to their original logo, colors, uniforms, and court would be so much better than what they use now. IMO.

Do you also happen to like Surge and Legends of the Hidden Temple? Those originals are nice, but they reek of the 90s.

I do like Surge and Legends of the hidden temple. If Surge still existed today, I would probably drink it. And if I were still a kid, I might watch reruns of Legends of the Hidden Temple. I still watch TV shows from the 90's. Does that make me a bad or weird person?

Anyway, maybe the original logo does reek of the 90's a little (even though it was developed in the 80's, so I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion), but it's definitely a better look than what they currently use, in every aspect. And in case you didn't notice, retro is in these days in the NBA.

I do like Surge and Legends of the hidden temple. If Surge still existed today, I would probably drink it. And if I were still a kid, I might watch reruns of Legends of the Hidden Temple. I still watch TV shows from the 90's. Does that make me a bad or weird person?

Anyway, maybe the original logo does reek of the 90's a little (even though it was developed in the 80's, so I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion), but it's definitely a better look than what they currently use, in every aspect. And in case you didn't notice, retro is in these days in the NBA.

Their current secondary logo with the howling wolf is lightyears better than their original logo. Give it a blue and green makeover and all would be well.

• 2 months later...

Next year for the ABA Throwbacks.

Yup, to mark the 35th anniversary of the merger.

Thinking about it, practically half the league could get away with wearing ABA throwbacks next year. I'd particularly like to see Utah bust out the Stars unis and the Bobcats wearing Carolina Cougars unis...

I'd love to see some team wear the Spirits of St. Louis unis; although legally, I'm not sure if it would be allowed.

Do you know which ABA uniforms were pulled as throwbacks so far?

I can only remember the following:

Miami Floridians 70-72 home

Memphis Pros 70-72 away

New Orleans Buccaneers 67-70 home

Denver Nuggets 75-76 home

Indiana Pacers 71-74 home

San Antonio Spurs 73-76 home

New Jersey Nets 72-76 home

Their current secondary logo with the howling wolf is lightyears better than their original logo. Give it a blue and green makeover and all would be well.

Many Wolves fans were so disappointed when we found out that the howling logo was the secondary, and that the were-pig was going to remain.

I just came across this on Twitter

251489770.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1299182934&Signature=jBjZdfLhYGN7NyfQDNFJfZY7nRA%3D

Possible Bobcats road alternate for next season? Please yes.

I saw the image a few minutes ago, but now I can't.

That's a sharp looking jersey though. Unique, too. I would prefer that over an orange jersey, and I think it would sell better than an orange jersey.

I was thinking maybe they could throw in some blue trim, but that might look too busy.

Archived