NBA Court Concepts

LEWJ

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost think you gotta go with the bridge logo at center court. The bridge at the bottom looks like you forgot to delete a layer before saving.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I almost think you gotta go with the bridge logo at center court. The bridge at the bottom looks like you forgot to delete a layer before saving.

Seconded. It's a cool idea, and don't feel bad - I don't know if there's even a good way to execute it. As it is now, I'm not sure who would ghet that it's supposed to be the bridge, but it subtracts from your work, not adds. I do love your GS logo. Can it go on both of the foul line circles? Then uoi'd have: yellow "paint", predominatly blue GS logo, predominantly yellow center logo, predominantly blue GS logo, yellow "paint". Could look nice.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Alright, so it's back to the drawing board for this one. The more I look at it, the more I don't like it.

Maybe simplicity is the way to go for this one. I'm planning the mostly-yellow Bridge logo at midcourt, and my GS logo inside the 3pt. lines. Everything else probably the same.

Sound good?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Isn't that blue lighter than the blue they use?

It looks like the same shade, but I'm not sure. Comparing the logo to the color he used on the court, they look very similar, if not exactly the same.

Any color discrepancies are purely accidental. I used the color picker to grab the colors straight from the logos on sportslogos.net.

Here's the update.

GS logo is inside the 3pt. line, the yellow bridge logo is at midcourt. I admit I like this much better.

Tell me what you think.

warriorscourt.png

I'd say pretty solid here. Bridge works nicely as a center-court logo. I can see the sense behind having Warriors somewhere, but I don't think it would make the court itself look better or worse. I've always liked the use of "Golden State" over "California", "Oakland", "San Francisco" etc. so seeing it all over the court is fine by me.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Alright, moving on.

Here's my next installment.

I decided on the Bulls, as someone requested. I kinda did as I pleased with this one.

I, along with other, didn't like the ball behind the midcourt logo, and I think there was 4-too many bullhead logos on the court. haha.

So now there is one bull logo, at midcourt. It's enlarged a bit, to make it more prominent. I decided to go with no logo inside the 3 pt. line because it's really not needed here. I also decided to use their jersey font as the baseline font.

Finally I went with red sidelines because I'm not a fan of the mostly black court they have now, I liked the MJ-era red sidelines.

I kept a nice compromise of colors though, I think. Tell me if you like it; suggestions on next team?

bullscourt.png

I don't dislike the "Warriors" above the logo (that's how I think it should be on the jerseys) but if you're gonna do it, at least put it in the right font (especially cause it's already on your computer)

Do you mind if I post my take on the Warriors court in here?

It actually was Copperplate, but the outline I applied in Microsoft Word made the serifs almost unnoticeable at that size.

And it actually didn't come on my computer, I downloaded a free version.

Here's a close-up.

But here's an update with WARRIORS on the opposite baseline, and nothing at midcourt above the logo.

warriorscourt3.png

As for your own concept, I don't mind if you post it here, but if you could post it as a link and not an image.

The Warriors court is perfect now, and I really like the Bulls court. It looks a lot better without the basketball and excessive bulls, and I like the red baseline. I'm not sure I like the font though...maybe you could keep the current font or try the font in their logo (shown below)

D-CHICAGO%20BULLS%20LOGO.jpg

The Warriors looks great. Nice Job.

I think Chicago's works. Not sure what else you can really do with it since they only have 1 logo.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I love that you made a "GS" logo instead of using their "SF" logo. I hate that logo, they dont play in San Francisco anymore. An putting Warriors on the other baseline looks great.

For the Bulls, its a great update. My only change would be keeping their current baseline font, in solid white on the red baseline.

Also, with arena names, especially ones with sponsors like Oracle Arena, i Think you need to keep the logo like it currently is, insread of putting it in the team's colors. Like for Oracle, putting it in a red box

Archived