If the NFL Playoffs Started Today...

AnythingChicago

UPDATE:

ifplayoffsstarted2day.png

Sorry about all of those mistakes...I was in a hurry when I posted the update yesterday.

It's quite alright my friend, but you still have some issues.

NFC is right, except that Philadelphia gets in because a.) PHI and TB have better conference records (PHI 3-2, TB 3-2, CHI 4-3. So that eliminates Chicago.) and b.) PHI has a better common games record than TB (PHI beat Atlanta and TB lost to them.)

So the 6. spot would belong to Philadelphia.

NFC would then look like:

1. N.Y. Giants

2. Atlanta

3. Green Bay

4. St. Louis

5. New Orleans

6. Philadelphia

In the AFC, here's what the standings actually look like:

1. Baltimore (6-2) WIn over Jets gives hem tie-breaker

2. N.Y. Jets (6-2)

3. Kansas City (5-3) AFC Conf. record (4-3) KC has better AFC record than TEN.

4. Tennessee (5-3) AFC Conf. record (2-3)

5. Pittsburgh (6-2) Better conf. record than (PIT = 4-1, .800 PCT. NE = 5-2, .714 PCT)

6. New England (6-2)

No. The first tiebreaker after record and winning percentage is intra DIVISIONAL play, not conference. I think that's 5th.

Here are my sourcez

I use the same exact sources myself lol. And you'd be quite right if any of these teams were in the same division, but they aren't. So you have to use the tie-breaking procedures for the "Wild-Card Team"

But I was referring to the tie between CHI, PHI, and TB going into Week 10. Since there was a three-way tie, you have to use the three-or-more clubs tie-breaking procedures for "Wild-Card Team". 1st. divisional record if they're in the same division, 2. Head-to-head, 3. Best PCT within conference, 4. Best PCT among common opponents (has to have a minimum of four), 5. strength of victory.

SInce you can't apply the first 2 with those three teams since they have not played each other and none of them are in the same division. The Eagles and Bucs had the same NFC Conf. record which was better than the Bears. Bears are now ruled out. Now it goes to just a tie-breaker between the Eagles and Bucs and you have to use the number 5 tie-breaker. Philadelphia has a better strength of victory.

Eagles had the 6th seed.

Now for the new playoff seedings, it'd read:

NFC:

1. Atlanta (7-2)

2. N.Y. Giants (6-3). They beat Chicago 17-3

3. Chicago (6-3)

4. Seattle (5-4)

5. New Orleans (6-3). They have not played Green Bay and they don't share a common game with Green Bay so they get in on Conference record. And they beat TB.

6. Green Bay (6-3). Green Bay gets in over Tampa due to strength of victory.

AFC:

1. N.Y. Jets (7-2)

2. Baltimore (6-3). Better conference record then Indy. BAL (6-2), IND (4-2)

3. Indianapolis (6-3)

4. Oakland (5-4). They beat Kansas City.

5. New England (7-2)

6. Pittsburgh (6-3)

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE:

Sorry about all of those mistakes...I was in a hurry when I posted the update yesterday.

NFC is right, except that Philadelphia gets in because a.) PHI and TB have better conference records (PHI 3-2, TB 3-2, CHI 4-3. So that eliminates Chicago.) and b.) PHI has a better common games record than TB (PHI beat Atlanta and TB lost to them.)

1. N.Y. Giants

2. Atlanta

3. Green Bay

4. St. Louis

5. New Orleans

6. Philadelphia

2. N.Y. Jets (6-2)

5. Pittsburgh (6-2) Better conf. record than (PIT = 4-1, .800 PCT. NE = 5-2, .714 PCT)

6. New England (6-2)

No. The first tiebreaker after record and winning percentage is intra DIVISIONAL play, not conference. I think that's 5th.

Here are my sourcez

I use the same exact sources myself lol. And you'd be quite right if any of these teams were in the same division, but they aren't. So you have to use the tie-breaking procedures for the "Wild-Card Team"

But I was referring to the tie between CHI, PHI, and TB going into Week 10. Since there was a three-way tie, you have to use the three-or-more clubs tie-breaking procedures for "Wild-Card Team". 1st. divisional record if they're in the same division, 2. Head-to-head, 3. Best PCT within conference, 4. Best PCT among common opponents (has to have a minimum of four), 5. strength of victory.

SInce you can't apply the first 2 with those three teams since they have not played each other and none of them are in the same division. The Eagles and Bucs had the same NFC Conf. record which was better than the Bears. Bears are now ruled out. Now it goes to just a tie-breaker between the Eagles and Bucs and you have to use the number 5 tie-breaker. Philadelphia has a better strength of victory.

Eagles had the 6th seed.

NFC:

1. Atlanta (7-2)

3. Chicago (6-3)

4. Seattle (5-4)

5. New Orleans (6-3). They have not played Green Bay and they don't share a common game with Green Bay so they get in on Conference record. And they beat TB.

AFC:

1. N.Y. Jets (7-2)

3. Indianapolis (6-3)

5. New England (7-2)

6. Pittsburgh (6-3)

Actually I'm pretty sure you're wrong there. If you get the tie down to two teams, don't you restart the tiebreaking procedure with 2 teams at head-to-head then working your way down from there?

6fQjS3M.png

UPDATE:

1. N.Y. Giants

2. Atlanta

3. Green Bay

4. St. Louis

5. New Orleans

6. Philadelphia

2. N.Y. Jets (6-2)

6. New England (6-2)

Here are my sourcez

Eagles had the 6th seed.

NFC:

1. Atlanta (7-2)

3. Chicago (6-3)

4. Seattle (5-4)

AFC:

1. N.Y. Jets (7-2)

3. Indianapolis (6-3)

5. New England (7-2)

6. Pittsburgh (6-3)

Actually I'm pretty sure you're wrong there. If you get the tie down to two teams, don't you restart the tiebreaking procedure with 2 teams at head-to-head then working your way down from there?

Yes, but the Eagles and Bears haven't and will not this year play each other.

25yzwqg.png

UPDATE:

1. N.Y. Giants

2. Atlanta

3. Green Bay

4. St. Louis

5. New Orleans

6. Philadelphia

2. N.Y. Jets (6-2)

6. New England (6-2)

Here are my sourcez

Eagles had the 6th seed.

NFC:

1. Atlanta (7-2)

3. Chicago (6-3)

4. Seattle (5-4)

AFC:

1. N.Y. Jets (7-2)

3. Indianapolis (6-3)

5. New England (7-2)

6. Pittsburgh (6-3)

They are at the end of November.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

UPDATE:

1. N.Y. Giants

2. Atlanta

3. Green Bay

4. St. Louis

5. New Orleans

6. Philadelphia

2. N.Y. Jets (6-2)

6. New England (6-2)

Here are my sourcez

Eagles had the 6th seed.

NFC:

1. Atlanta (7-2)

3. Chicago (6-3)

4. Seattle (5-4)

AFC:

1. N.Y. Jets (7-2)

3. Indianapolis (6-3)

5. New England (7-2)

6. Pittsburgh (6-3)

They are at the end of November.

OK. I will factor that in to the equation when that game happens. That'll be a HUGE game playoff wise...

25yzwqg.png

As of today, the best two teams in the league are the Jets and Patriots. It's a shame one of those teams will wind up being a road team for pretty much the entire playoffs.

I would agree if the NFL employed some sort of arbitrary rating through a vote, but since they don't I'm ok with the fact that one of the best two teams in the league is relegated to "wild card" status. It's already been proven that any seed can win it all. Playing on the road shouldn't be that much of an obstacle if you're the second best team in the league, right?

UPDATE:

1. N.Y. Giants

2. Atlanta

3. Green Bay

4. St. Louis

5. New Orleans

6. Philadelphia

2. N.Y. Jets (6-2)

6. New England (6-2)

Here are my sourcez

Eagles had the 6th seed.

NFC:

1. Atlanta (7-2)

3. Chicago (6-3)

4. Seattle (5-4)

AFC:

1. N.Y. Jets (7-2)

3. Indianapolis (6-3)

5. New England (7-2)

6. Pittsburgh (6-3)

I know I'm not. Here's my sources:

"TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM:

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.

If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

4. Strength of victory.

5. Strength of schedule.

6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best net points in conference games.

9. Best net points in all games.

10. Best net touchdowns in all games.

11. Coin toss.

Three Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

9. Best net points in conference games.

10. Best net points in all games.

11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

12. Coin toss"

I may have numbered it wrong, but I used #3 for the three or more tie breakers and #4 for the two team tie-breakers.

Here's the site: Sources

UPDATE:

1. N.Y. Giants

2. Atlanta

3. Green Bay

4. St. Louis

5. New Orleans

6. Philadelphia

2. N.Y. Jets (6-2)

6. New England (6-2)

Here are my sourcez

Eagles had the 6th seed.

NFC:

1. Atlanta (7-2)

3. Chicago (6-3)

4. Seattle (5-4)

AFC:

1. N.Y. Jets (7-2)

3. Indianapolis (6-3)

5. New England (7-2)

6. Pittsburgh (6-3)

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

Two Clubs

4. Strength of victory.

5. Strength of schedule.

6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

11. Coin toss.

Three Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

12. Coin toss"

I may have numbered it wrong, but I used #3 for the three or more tie breakers and #4 for the two team tie-breakers.

Ah, I was looking at the division tiebreaker thing. Sorry for the confusion.

25yzwqg.png

UPDATE:

1. N.Y. Giants

2. Atlanta

3. Green Bay

4. St. Louis

5. New Orleans

6. Philadelphia

2. N.Y. Jets (6-2)

6. New England (6-2)

Here are my sourcez

Eagles had the 6th seed.

NFC:

1. Atlanta (7-2)

3. Chicago (6-3)

4. Seattle (5-4)

AFC:

1. N.Y. Jets (7-2)

3. Indianapolis (6-3)

5. New England (7-2)

6. Pittsburgh (6-3)

Two Clubs

4. Strength of victory.

5. Strength of schedule.

11. Coin toss.

Three Clubs

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

12. Coin toss"

LOL read the "note" on 3-way ties. Of course, I didn't realize it's the same either way but whatevz. lol

6fQjS3M.png

It's alright my man, by the way, why haven't you kept it up? It was nice, actually, to be able to see the match-ups. I'll only comment if I notice a mistake, which, hopefully, there won't be any. :P

It's alright my man, by the way, why haven't you kept it up? It was nice, actually, to be able to see the match-ups. I'll only comment if I notice a mistake, which, hopefully, there won't be any. :P

Updated.

25yzwqg.png

• 3 weeks later...

If you guys want to post your predictions to who you think will make the playoffs, we could make this into a thread where you could do that, too. I'll post mine...

AFC-

AFC East- Patriots, 13-3.

AFC North- Ravens, 11-5.

AFC South- Colts, 11-5

AFC West- Raiders, 9-7. (Win tiebreaker agaist 9-7 Chiefs).

AFC Wild Cards- Jets, 11-5 and Texans, 10-6.

NFC-

NFC East- Giants, 12-4.

NFC North- Packers, 9-7.

NFC South- Falcons, 11-5.

NFC West- Seahawks, 10-6.

NFC Wild Cards- Buccaneers, 10-6 and Rams, 9-7.

AFC Wild Card Weekend-

(3)Colts vs. (6)Texans. Texans win 38-35 (OT).

(4)Raiders vs. (5)Jets. Jets win 24-17.

NFC Wild Card Weekend-

(3)Seahawks vs. (6)Rams. Seahawks win 32-28.

(4)Packers vs. (5)Buccaneers. Buccaneers win 17-14.

AFC Divisional Round-

(1)Patriots vs. (6)Texans. Patriots win 34-32.

(2)Ravens vs. (5)Jets. Ravens win 13-3.

NFC Divisional Round-

(1)Giants vs. (5)Buccaneers. Giants win 35-14.

(2)Falcons vs. (3)Seahawks. Seahawks win 25-24.

AFC Championship-

(1)Patriots vs. (2)Ravens. Ravens win 23-20 (OT).

NFC Championship-

(1)Giants vs. (2)Seahawks. Giants win 79-3.

2011 Super Bowl (North Texas)-

(1)Giants vs. (2)Ravens. Ravens win 4-3.

Lolwut?

Jets_zps66b1c061.png

If you guys want to post your predictions to who you think will make the playoffs, we could make this into a thread where you could do that, too. I'll post mine...

AFC-

AFC East- Patriots, 13-3.

AFC North- Ravens, 11-5.

AFC South- Colts, 11-5

AFC West- Raiders, 9-7. (Win tiebreaker agaist 9-7 Chiefs).

AFC Wild Cards- Jets, 11-5 and Texans, 10-6.

NFC-

NFC East- Giants, 12-4.

NFC North- Packers, 9-7.

NFC South- Falcons, 11-5.

NFC West- Seahawks, 10-6.

NFC Wild Cards- Buccaneers, 10-6 and Rams, 9-7.

AFC Wild Card Weekend-

(3)Colts vs. (6)Texans. Texans win 38-35 (OT).

(4)Raiders vs. (5)Jets. Jets win 24-17.

NFC Wild Card Weekend-

(3)Seahawks vs. (6)Rams. Seahawks win 32-28.

(4)Packers vs. (5)Buccaneers. Buccaneers win 17-14.

AFC Divisional Round-

(1)Patriots vs. (6)Texans. Patriots win 34-32.

(2)Ravens vs. (5)Jets. Ravens win 13-3.

NFC Divisional Round-

(1)Giants vs. (5)Buccaneers. Giants win 35-14.

(2)Falcons vs. (3)Seahawks. Seahawks win 25-24.

AFC Championship-

(1)Patriots vs. (2)Ravens. Ravens win 23-20 (OT).

NFC Championship-

(1)Giants vs. (2)Seahawks. Giants win 79-3.

2011 Super Bowl (North Texas)-

(1)Giants vs. (2)Ravens. Ravens win 4-3.

Lolwut?

You saw them. Obviously, that will change now that the Giants and Ravens have faded and the Patriots and Falcons have thrived. Unfortunately, I cannot update this because my computer has problems. I am currently using a laptop that is incapable of doing concepts. Unfortunately, my computer won't be fixed until late December or early January after the playoffs will basically decided. Sorry guys. If someone wants to take this up, I would love to see that.

25yzwqg.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived