New Iowa State Logos

cyclonefan_1

Maybe it's just me, but didn't Iowa State go through all this song and dance about their new identity getting away from the old bird/cyclone just two years ago? First they don't come through with the gold helmet as promised... now the bird/cyclone (albeit a different one) is back?

I like the new logos, I like the double-red, and I like the way they incorporated a cyclone this time, but as I stated in another thread recently: Aren't there enough Cardinal heads in profile on helmets already. No need for another one, even if they do buck the trend and put it on a non-white helmet and draw a circle around it. It'd still be yet another Cardinal head on a helmet -- for a team named the Cyclones. Thought that was one of the issues that brought on this I-State era.

It was a white helmet which they touted to wear.

Iowa State has usually had good logos. I like all of these but I don't understand why they continue to cycle through new looks.

It's a cry for attention. :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

that'll do just fine

fmuntd.png

Doesn't look bad, but I hate oval logos on a football helmet more than anything.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

My favorite look was still the early 90's look with "Iowa State" above a cyclone on the helmet. The Blaise Bryant years.

Those were the 80s :) And I believe Blaise had "Cyclones" script with only one underline underneath it, not the cyclone. But I digress - both of those 80's yellow helmets are two of my favorites as well.

You are correct, now that I thin about it. I'm just shocked someone actually knows who Blaise Bryant is! *lol*

Archived