2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

Enough with UConn women's hoops. Let's switch gears to a basketball team at the Garden making a huge turnaround. And no, it's not just the Knicks. St. John's took down Georgetown tonight and starts Big East play at 3-0. Next year's supposed to be a big year for the Red Storm but they're turning heads already. I'm a bit worried for the Orange in the showdown next week, but I'm hoping the Garden will be packed in red and orange and I'm glad that the Syracuse-St. John's rivalry will be back to being relevant.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since were on Womens basketball, the Georgia Tech women beat Tennessee St. 82-11. Tennessee St. shot 3-50. Thats why I dont take the Uconn streak seriously.

Did UConn play Tennessee State two or three times a year every year during the streak started or something? If not, I just see this as a weak attempt to justify downplaying UConn's domination of their sport because you (and many, MANY others) don't really follow (read: respect) women's basketball at any level.

Amen. If you can find a well-coached women's team, I can almost guarantee you that you will watch an entertaining game.

And there is the rub. There aren't nearly as many of those as there are men's. It's a wonderful streak for women's basketball, but this doesn't trump the UCLA streak in men's basketball.

Thank You, and slighty shotgunned: I don't follow womens basketball at all. And I dont plan to. I'd rather watch a bad mens game than a competitive womens game. Not meaning to be sexist, but I just dont get any entertainment out of Womens basketball.

I agree with rams80 second point and thank you for proving mine :P It has nothing to do with your being sexist, I don't care at all about how you view sports, I'm saying there's no reason to dump on their record simply because you hate ESPN's ridiculous coverage of it. Whether you're entertained or not, it's an impressive mark.

Only reason I said that is because I got in here to say this: UAB is at Duke tonight on ESPN2 and it's a great night for an upset. I only care because my dad is head of basketball operations at UAB (not 100% on what the means exactly, but that's his title). So yeah, go Blazers :)

Unfreakingbelievable.... how the shyt do you lose to Harvard at home 3 straight years? I hope BC doesn't have any more Ivy "cupcakes" (that Donahue had no trouble beating at Cornell, for godsakes) lined up. Harvard and Yale losses at home, that will really help come March.

Way to go Noles! Duck Fuke!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

And Syracuse gets closer to an untenable #1 ranking. Awesome.

1. Just in time for sorority chicks all throughout campus to hop on the bandwagon, purchase "We're #1!" t-shirts from the bookstore and cut them out into tank tops, and go to the games just to dance to "I THROW MY HANDS UP IN THE AIR SOMETIMES SAYING AAAAYYYYYY-OHHHHHHHH GOTTTA LEEEEETTT GOOOOO"! Joy!

2. Though that would be great to be #1 again

3. But the Orange go into the Oakland Zoo on Monday, which has been a shop of horrors for away teams, so I'll hold my breath on that one for now. Either way Syracuse is looking good this season and hopefully they can channel a deep run come March and April

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

And Syracuse gets closer to an untenable #1 ranking. Awesome.

1. Just in time for sorority chicks all throughout campus to hop on the bandwagon, purchase "We're #1!" t-shirts from the bookstore and cut them out into tank tops, and go to the games just to dance to "I THROW MY HANDS UP IN THE AIR SOMETIMES SAYING AAAAYYYYYY-OHHHHHHHH GOTTTA LEEEEETTT GOOOOO"! Joy!

2. Though that would be great to be #1 again

3. But the Orange go into the Oakland Zoo on Monday, which has been a shop of horrors for away teams, so I'll hold my breath on that one for now. Either way Syracuse is looking good this season and hopefully they can channel a deep run come March and April

Besides your fear of Oakland, I don't see what's so wrong with any of that hahaha

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Yep, it's the fifth time in the last ten years that an unranked FSU team has beaten Duke.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

And another unranked FSU team sticks it to Duke.

How many Florida States are there?

LOL well to clarify my post, I'm talking about FSU's history of beating duke at home, 2002, 2006, and now 2011! And what they all had in common was FSU bring unranked and Duke being ranked #1!

Fair enough. :P

1zqy8ok.gif

Oregon opened the doors to Matthew Knight Arena tonight. The game is currently ongoing with the Ducks leading Southern Cal. Amazing facility! -- and call me crazy, but I'm totally diggin' the hardwood design! :D

6uXNWAo.png

The floor looks terrible.

Also, with Washington losing to Stanford, next week's game in Tucson between UW and the Cats is for sole possession of first place in the Pac-10.

Oregon opened the doors to Matthew Knight Arena tonight. The game is currently ongoing with the Ducks leading Southern Cal. Amazing facility! -- and call me crazy, but I'm totally diggin' the hardwood design! :D

At first when I tuned in I thought there was an exposure problem with my TV. That court is like reading a magazine. There's something new to look at or read everywhere you turn your eyes.

mattcourt1.jpg

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

The floor looks terrible.

Also, with Washington losing to Stanford, next week's game in Tucson between UW and the Cats is for sole possession of first place in the Pac-10.

No, its in Seattle, not Tucson

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Whoops.

Archived