2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

Good gracious Arizona lost by 17. If it was within, say, 8 or 9 you'd maybe have a point but if it's that big of a margin it's because Washington was the better team. This Arizona vs. the Pac 10 world mentality is getting kinda old

Going to talking about my school, guess who Syracuse's first loss taking place at the Oakland Zoo? <_< However, as Jay-Z says it's on to the next one, and tomorrow's a biggie. Villanova's back at the Dome, both teams are coming off loses, and oh yeah, they're expecting another 33K+ at the game tomorrow. Hope the result is the same as last year

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't hate on me recognizing that that was an all-time low for already-bad Pac-10 officiating.

Well, since you are about to turn 21, work intramurals, then grab a rule book for HS and become certified. Get cracking and you could be in the floor in the NCAA before you turn 31.

Don't hate on me recognizing that that was an all-time low for already-bad Pac-10 officiating.

Dude, don't even go down this road. Take it from the guy who ruined the college football thread this year with his homerism and still has a lot of the board hating him for it (a.k.a. me). Sometimes you've just got to swallow your pride and accept a loss.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Dude, don't even go down this road. Take it from the guy who ruined the college football thread this year with his homerism and still has a lot of the board hating him for it (a.k.a. me). Sometimes you've just got to swallow your pride and accept a loss.

Lights Out, who do you like in NCAAB, not arguing with you, just wondering.

Anyone but Duke, UNC, or Kansas. And as far as teams I really like, the Florida Gators are hands down my favorite NCAA basketball team, because they're usually fun to watch (except when they're squeaking by Auburn) and I have a lot of respect for Billy Donovan. I also like Boise State basketball and I'm rooting for them to sneak into the Big Dance.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Good gracious Arizona lost by 17. If it was within, say, 8 or 9 you'd maybe have a point but if it's that big of a margin it's because Washington was the better team. This Arizona vs. the Pac 10 world mentality is getting kinda old

Going to talking about my school, guess who Syracuse's first loss taking place at the Oakland Zoo? <_< However, as Jay-Z says it's on to the next one, and tomorrow's a biggie. Villanova's back at the Dome, both teams are coming off loses, and oh yeah, they're expecting another 33K+ at the game tomorrow. Hope the result is the same as last year

I watched the whole game, and the Cats were mostly in it until the very end. Ultimately, I wasn't a fan of the refs, but like I said they were a little better then the last 2 years(Seriously last year in Seattle, eventual Pac-10 freshman of the year Derrick Williams played in only 7 minutes thanks to questionable fouls). The Huskies are clearly the kings of the Pac-10 this year. Isaiah Thomas is a beast(some gourgeous alley oop passes last night). Arizona has a Batman(Derrick Williams), but its problem is that there is no Robin to help him out(They have talent, its just inconsistent on a game by game basis).

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Anyone but Duke, UNC, or Kansas. And as far as teams I really like, the Florida Gators are hands down my favorite NCAA basketball team, because they're usually fun to watch (except when they're squeaking by Auburn) and I have a lot of respect for Billy Donovan. I also like Boise State basketball and I'm rooting for them to sneak into the Big Dance.

Why don't you like Duke man...haha.

Nobody outside of Durham likes Duke.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well, of course Duke has fans outside of Durham. I was being facetious and referring to the fact that they're among the most hated teams in basketball.

My hatred for Duke is personal. If it weren't for those :censored:ers, we'd have two national championship banners hanging in McKale instead of just one.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well, of course Duke has fans outside of Durham. I was being facetious and referring to the fact that they're among the most hated teams in basketball.

My hatred for Duke is personal. If it weren't for those :censored:ers, we'd have two national championship banners hanging in McKale instead of just one.

So you are going to blame who for not getting out of the first round in 85, 86, 87, 92, 93, 95, 99, 04, and 07?

So you are going to blame who for not getting out of the first round in 85, 86, 87, 92, 93, 95, 99, 04, and 07?

'93-A 15 seed Santa Clara team beat the Cats, led by interestingly enough, Steve Nash(who was great that game). Interestingly enough, former Giant Randy Winn played for them also.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

That's not the same.

That's not the same.

Because you lost in the first round?

No hate for OU or Arkansas for the Final Four losses?

Nah, not really. I mean, a Final Four loss is huge, but winning in the Final Four is no guarantee of winning the National Championship. Winning the National Championship game is a guarantee of winning the National Championship.

I like Duke and I live in New York. And not to be offensive or anything but I never understood the whole "they beat us in a big game so now I hate them" thing. Uconn beat Duke in the 2004 final four to basically cost them a title, but I have no hatred towards them. And its not even like they win all that much (talking about national titles, not overall). I mean 2 times in what 10 years? I know I kind of sound arrogant there. Haha.

Actually, you act nothing like the typical Duke fan in terms of arrogance.

Archived